Body Markings

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

TatteredShoeLace

Body Markings

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:05 am

Even in primitive times Tattooing was used to mark warriors and prisoners and the such. What if a tool could be used on the fire pit to tattoo various things. Under Clothing, simply put "Star, Circle, Triangle....etc" or something. It'd need a small pick but bone or stone could handle that, iron would be best. Its a little hazy, I dont have time to overthink and elaborate, but feel free to discuss.

BTW, itd show up on char desc. "He/She has a small mark over her left shoulder of a Triangle" In Blojt Forest West that might mean 'thief' for Praetorians.

Better yet, make like a coin press stamp for patterens and the like for dynamicness.
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:33 am

I would perfer branding. It would require the person to have a specific brand made out of steel, so new spawns couldn't be branding people very easily (as opposed to the tattooing, where I could just imagine a new spawn giving one of the old townspeople a tattoo without them noticing). Besides, in real life, branding was used more often then tattoos to mark criminals, and would allow a system very similar to the coin press (where there can only be one). Besides, when we start herding cattle and other animals, we need brands anyway!
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:31 am

lmao...I can see this being very amusing..the places people would stick those brands or body markings..hilarious!
Bran-Muffin

Postby Bran-Muffin » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:33 am

Should work like a project, but if the person moves the project ends. Kinda like dragging.

Person being branded or tatooed would like say... 5% health.

I think it would be interesting to be able to tatoo a person, as well as brand someone.
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:38 am

Talapus wrote:so new spawns couldn't be branding people very easily

:lol:
1200-2: "You see a man in his twenties hit a man in his twenties with a red hot branding iron".

Ok, make it self mutilation :twisted:
My old banner ;)
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:32 am

lmao! this would be hilarious, I'd like to see it just for the comic effects.
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:15 am

I'd like to see it for practicality reasons. It isn't wild or too random, and I think PD could do it nicely somehow.
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:42 pm

i like the idea.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:47 pm

Yeah. It sounds cool. We desperately need something to make characters more unique, aside from dynamic naming.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:53 pm

how about hight. or what you think they weigh. or if their buff. or if they have no special thing about them exept their height.
west

Postby west » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:05 pm

Pie, there is a post at the top of this forum called SUGGESTIONS LIST--READ HERE BEFORE POSTING

it is a great way to find out what's already been talked about. This game has been around for over three and a half years now, and many things have been suggested many times.

"A" for enthusiasm, though
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:46 pm

its just to long for me. i get a hedace after i read the first reply.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:46 am

Hey, (and someone probably said this already but I'm too lazy to read at the moment), even if tattooing only needed a bone needle, it wouldn't be something a newspawn could just do like punching a person. It takes several hours to make a tattoo in real life, so should it be in Cantr. A long project, and if the person walks away in the middle, there will be only a half finished pattern. So it seems you could tattoo unwilling people only if they're locked up.
Not-so-sad panda
Schme

Postby Schme » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:20 am

It takes several hours in real life to make a tattoo with an electric needle. Making a tattoo with a hammer and needle takes damn near all day, and is extremly painfull. However, 5% health is rather unrealistic. It is exetremly painfull, but your not going to die of it.

Unless you do, but that's a whole other matter.

I can't say I like the idea of branding very much.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:08 pm

I think branding is simple enough to be implemented. Tattoos I feel are meant to be more dynamic, and therefore might be not a good idea to implement.

Return to “Suggestions”