Je parle francias, a little.

Forum de discussion hors-personnage pour ceux et celles qui jouent en français

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Antono Flavio

Postby Antono Flavio » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:54 pm

J'ai aussi un caractère là, mais je n'avais pas eu des problèmes avec les crocodiles. ;)
Akahad

Postby Akahad » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:14 pm

C'est vrai qu'il commence à y avoir beaucoup d'animaux dangereux. Mais ça y est j'ai enfin trouvé une source d'hématite dans la région française donc avec un peu de boulot on pourra commencer a faire du fer.
Nick

Postby Nick » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:08 pm

The reason that the French on the site isnt that well done is not because of the translators, but because of the coding for the languages. The website is coded in english, and french words can be swapped for english words as part of the coding. But french and english have different grammar structures, so it doesnt always work out. Its not JF's fault! (And certainly not mine)) :lol: [/u]
choriste

Postby choriste » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:06 pm

Excuse me !?!?!?
What is all this about !?!?
jf
Nick

Postby Nick » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:55 am

I believe you misinterpreted what I said.
The french site is not coded separately from the english site. Its the same game, same code, just with one minor variation. As you know, Choriste, but the others do not, the game is translated with the use tags. Tags are just bits of text, where the english bit of text is replaced by a variable, and the variable is filled in depending upon the language selection.
One of the tags may be just "walking"... and as translators we are asked to translate that.
Any time that in english the word "walking" would be used, the tag is replaced with the french tag.
Grammatically, this may not always make sense, but the translators do not get to choose the grammar, they simply translate the tags.
A for instance; there is no masculine and feminine in English... the game does not compensate for that in French. Also, the plural rules are different for French and English. Sometimes grammar rules are broken by the game itself.
I dont know why you took that as offensive, JF. I specifically said it wasnt your fault.
I posted this out of response of a few people who told me the French was done rather poorly. I wanted to assure them, or anyone else that thinks so that its not the translator, its just how the game works.
choriste

Postby choriste » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:52 pm

What makes you think I am offended or took anything as offensive ? I am merely trying to find out what your post is all about, which is a reasonable request, since it alludes to my activities as Cantr's French translator.
I did not misinterpret what you said. I simply never was given the chance to interpret what you did NOT say. That is the whole point, which you seem to be missing. How to make you understand ? I believe that when one's talents are cast into doubt in a public forum, it is natural to be curious about who is complaining about you and for which reason. This information you never told us, until now, finally, with a bit more detail, so that I now have an inkling of what you were talking about.
Still, it would have been nice to actually see some of those original complaints and have brought them out into public beforehand. I can certainly defend my own work myself and would not have minded doing so. Also, perhaps we might actually have been able to improve or correct something, having been made aware of the exact nature of the complaint.
jf
Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:54 pm

Take a chill pill, buddy. Seriously.
Akahad

Postby Akahad » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:38 am

987-8: Vous voyez XXX laisser tomber (un) (une) (du) (de la) some meat.

Les traductions deviennent amusantes :lol:
Antono Flavio

Postby Antono Flavio » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:12 am

Mais c'est français. ;) En fin, il y a des mots français!
Nick

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:45 pm

La qualité du jeu pour des langues autres que l'anglais s'est améliorée beaucoup, grâce au département de langues, et au département de programmation.
Antono Flavio

Postby Antono Flavio » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:12 pm

Oui, je l'ai observé avec mes caractères. Je suis très heureux. :)
Queen Ehlana

Postby Queen Ehlana » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:01 pm

Akahad wrote:987-8: Vous voyez XXX laisser tomber (un) (une) (du) (de la) some meat.

Les traductions deviennent amusantes :lol:

Hahaha... Poor translators... You have my sympathy. :lol: But if they have all that in French, then don't they have it in English?

I haven't played this game in a while due to lack of time, so I haven't checked.
Le sens commun n'est pas si commun.
Antono Flavio

Postby Antono Flavio » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:00 pm

C'est dommage que tu n'as pas du temps pour jouer Cantr! :(
Queen Ehlana

Postby Queen Ehlana » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:16 pm

Ouais... Mes personnages me manquent. J'ai guère du temps pour le français. Mais peut-ëtre je retournerai pendant l'été.
Le sens commun n'est pas si commun.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:42 am

Voo voila toot meme.

Aha! France! (Even it's completely random, it's the only french I know, from a play, it was half french. "The French Connection."
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.

Return to “Joueurs Français (French)”