What happened?

Forum de discussion hors-personnage pour ceux et celles qui jouent en français

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Queen Ehlana

Postby Queen Ehlana » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:36 am

Voici, Emandir ! :D

Emandir showed me this game, and I've joined! I made a French character, and I indeed noticed the corpses. My first impression was: "What the hell? Is this a graveyard?!" :shock: I dunno if it's so bad, though... I love the idea of starting from scratch, so I think I will stay in this graveyard for a while. :P
Le sens commun n'est pas si commun.
Junesun
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Junesun » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:48 am

Bienvenue, QueenEhlana!

Soon this place will be full of Unilangers ;-)
Emandir

Postby Emandir » Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:45 am

Salut la Cochonne! (PJ) :lol:
J'espère que tu ne nous feras pas trop honte ! :twisted:

Jean-Luc
Never take anything seriously! (but feel free to correct...)

Queen Ehlana

Postby Queen Ehlana » Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:15 pm

Junesun wrote:Bienvenue, QueenEhlana!

Soon this place will be full of Unilangers ;-)

Merci ! Je les attends. :P

J'espère que tu ne nous feras pas trop honte !

Pas trop... mais bien peut-être un petit peu. :wink:

I just witnessed something very strange in the French village. :shock:
Le sens commun n'est pas si commun.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:39 pm

The French are is probably overrun by werewolves. Think about it:

A lot of woods.
Not many resources.
Lots of bodies lying around.

OK, maybe it's boars. I swear, there are a LOT of boars in my area, and they ARE aggressive!
--
mortaine.
Nick

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:22 am

The boars are the force that's making Romov shape into a town. Everyone seems to be working together, so that they can live in their town peacefully.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:12 pm

Nick, I don't know what you're smoking, but that ain't a town. It's a graveyard.

BTW: You killed Monique in the papillon, didn't you. It's been 4 days, and I'm not mad, but I wanna know.
--

mortaine.
Nick

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:16 am

Well, Romov should have a sword workshop up and running before too long. Which should take care of the boar problem, and shape it up into a true town.

And yeah, I killed your character. She was near death, and she had a lot of stuff. Couldn't let it go.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:29 pm

Hmph. Next time, why not tell the character it's a coup de grace? They might thank you for ending their suffering, and at least the player won't feel quite so confused (this was also the character who, we think because of a bug, dropped a whole bunch of stuff without me actually pressing the buttons, so it seemed really off that she would then be killed by an anonymous stranger)

All her stuff was scavenged anyway-- you also could have asked her for it. Remember: when you're stronger than someone and they have stuff you want, you can just bully them into giving it to you. What was she going to do? Say no? She couldn't have hurt a fly as damaged as she was, and if you'd offered her protection, you probably would have had a really handy lacky for a while.

Just saying, there are other ways to take things from other characters.
--

mortaine.
Nick

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:19 pm

mortaine wrote:Just saying, there are other ways to take things from other characters.

And I chose the most convenient method. She wouldn't have been much of a lackey with her strength. Would have died from animals upon setting foot outside, I imagine. Don't be irked OOC because of it, though...
Schme

Postby Schme » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:28 am

Ben, sa doit etre que il y a pas asser de jouers francais pour le faire interesant, fait que les Francais (Et Quebequois, Hatiens, ect.) laisse leur characteurs mourire et vont jouer avec les anglais. Mais sa laisse l'opportunite de coloniser tous la region francaise, ou de creer un characteur la puis luis faire rois du monde! Haha!

Sa sera cool.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:31 pm

I'm not irked, Nick. I was very confused about what had happened, though, because with the bug and then your unidentified character killing her without a word-- I thought someone was screwing with my account.

It's all fine, though. I'm honestly not sad to see her go, but I wanted to know what happened.
--

mortaine.
Capt. Mobious

Postby Capt. Mobious » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:54 pm

I've got one character in Romov (my first French character) and it is boring as hell as there. I'm trying to think of something for her to do but I'm finding my French is not as good as I'd like. Very hard to role play her when I'm cracking out my dictionary all the time. And the other characters don't say a whole lot. There's no drama there. We need a mad, ruthless king. Or a village idiot. Or a religious zealot. Or a pirate army. I just don't have the vocabulary to do this.

Have Foreign Language areas been run over by English? I mean, is there an English settlement I could send her to on that island? I know, I know, find out in game.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:29 pm

Capt: I'm sure Nick will love you for what you just said...

Anyway, as far as FL areas and English areas, I think it's common knowledge that the foreign language areas do not overlap the English areas. Also, some of the FL areas still use specific spawn points, while the English areas spawn by population.
--

mortaine.
Schme

Postby Schme » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:08 am

Bein, mois je pourais prendre le role du empereur du monde (francophone) comme je disais avant. Ca serais pas mal fun, dans mon opnion.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."

Joseph Stalin

Return to “Joueurs Français (French)”