Thought or Rant of the day!!!

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Marian

Postby Marian » Tue May 30, 2006 1:39 pm

Sorry to keep adding to the 'anti-rant' but I agree too!

4 days just isn't long enough when you look at how slow travel is in Cantr...it might not even be long enough for whatever event people are talking about to finish playing out, and when you look at things like the 'Bryan Grob' discussion (where I still have no idea what anybody's talking about, but I suspect I don't have a char on the island it happened on) the players are likely to still be upset about it even after 4 days. 20 days would allow everything to be discussed more objectivley.
Leo Luncid

VNevermindV

Postby Leo Luncid » Tue May 30, 2006 9:35 pm

tiddy ogg wrote:Yes I'm offended by the word "pissed" but my main rant is about the increasing number of vague subject lines being posted, eg "A question," "Hmm", "wassup".
Bah, maybe I shouldn't put that "Do what you want." as part of my "Wassup" thread.

But yah, I understand when it comes to crossing the line or whatever. I starting to feel like <edit> some annoying person </edit> these days when I realize myself doing such things. Bah...

But ya know, I once thought I was really associated with this forum. Like how I'm connected to my English classes; it's almost like family. Heh heh, funny I said that. Anyways, I guess that's what made me so... I don't know... At that thread of mine. But ya, do what you want, and let me talk to myself. >_< Bah... It's like I overstayed my welcome here.

Bah... Am I supposed to be talking about Cantr? Well, this thread is in the General Discussion, so... Dang, I'm getting off-topic here...
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow
Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Wed May 31, 2006 4:54 am

Between us speaking, you did not try to look in google.com?
Last edited by Mykey on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed May 31, 2006 9:10 am

Not Cantr-related but it's outrageous that they put loads of people standing out in the rain in Krakov because the Pope was travelling through the airport. They put little children and wheelchair bound old people wait in the rain with no shelter, food or toilets all because of one man.
Not-so-sad panda
Valsum

Postby Valsum » Wed May 31, 2006 9:50 am

SekoETC wrote:Not Cantr-related but it's outrageous that they put loads of people standing out in the rain in Krakov because the Pope was travelling through the airport. They put little children and wheelchair bound old people wait in the rain with no shelter, food or toilets all because of one man.

Probably because they think he's not just one man.
"Opera Dei, plasmatio est hominis" (St. Irenaeus of Lyon)
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Wed May 31, 2006 10:24 am

SekoETC wrote:Not Cantr-related but it's outrageous that they put loads of people standing out in the rain in Krakov because the Pope was travelling through the airport. They put little children and wheelchair bound old people wait in the rain with no shelter, food or toilets all because of one man.

What did the Pope have to say? Surely he wouldn't think it good?
Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Wed May 31, 2006 10:27 am

It not absolutely approaches me. Who else, what can prompt?
Last edited by Mykey on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valsum

Postby Valsum » Wed May 31, 2006 11:32 am

Bah...
"Opera Dei, plasmatio est hominis" (St. Irenaeus of Lyon)
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Wed May 31, 2006 12:41 pm

Mykeyrools wrote:Dude, it`s pope Ratzinger.....He`s an undercover nazi. I doubt he really gives a S**T.
:roll:
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Wed May 31, 2006 1:10 pm

Nixit wrote:
Mykeyrools wrote:Dude, it`s pope Ratzinger.....He`s an undercover nazi. I doubt he really gives a S**T.
:roll:

Well people were asking for a rant! :twisted:
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Wed May 31, 2006 1:23 pm

Mykeyrools wrote:Dude, it`s pope Ratzinger.....I doubt he really gives a S**T.

No no no, you have it ALL wrong here.
He's Senator Pope-atine! Just imagine him with crackling lightning bolts around his fingers :twisted:

...and No, I am not trying to start a flame-war with the Catholics...I am a minister myself, and appreciate a bit of twisted humor every so often...
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
viktor

Postby viktor » Wed May 31, 2006 1:34 pm

no, it's pope benedict.... i dun remember what number, so there :P :twisted:
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed May 31, 2006 1:58 pm

If they think him more than just a man, that's crooked since all people are equal in God's eyes. To worship a person is to break against the first commandment.
Not-so-sad panda
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Wed May 31, 2006 2:17 pm

SekoETC wrote:If they think him more than just a man, that's crooked since all people are equal in God's eyes. To worship a person is to break against the first commandment.

Jesus was a person, or so you'd have to believe if you were into believing that kind of thing. If worshipping a person is sacrileage then all of Christianity is founded on sacrileage.

To a Catholic, the pope is God's mouthpiece. Wears the mantle of St. Peter. Primary intercessory between God and man. Equal to everyone, perhaps -- but first among equals.

Personally, I think the pope is just a guy who dresses up in hilarious outfits. I love that super-huge hat that looks like it was folded by a giant with an origami fetish. But your outrage, while interesting, probably isn't shared by many Poles -- a predominantly Catholic country with a pronounced reverance for the papacy. Those people in wheelchairs were probably happy to be sitting in the rain on his account.
Seeker

Postby Seeker » Wed May 31, 2006 2:32 pm

viktor wrote:

no, it's pope benedict.... i dun remember what number, so there :P :twisted:

From what I've heard, he was Ratzinger originally but he is now known as Pope Benedict. Not sure why, I think it's some tradition in the Vatican city.

Oh, and to the last post making fun of the Pope costume...pffft, that is the only cool religious costume in the world. It moves pretty well, it's comfy and you can wear nothing underneath and nobody notices. I think the Pope has it alright to be honest...
WWFSMD?
BATBYGOBSTOPL!

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”