Thought or Rant of the day!!!

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Mykey

Thought or Rant of the day!!!

Postby Mykey » Sun May 28, 2006 5:54 am

Please feel free to post anything here, especially things that piss you off, or thoughts you just want to share with people.
I sure hope no one is offended by the word piss.

I don`t have any right now.I am likely to post multiple times a day in the future.*grins evily*

If this thread already exist and I have missed it please delete it.
Last edited by Mykey on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seeker

Postby Seeker » Sun May 28, 2006 6:20 am

1500-6.13: a man in his twenties says: " 1495-6.29: Project Digging for limestone has been finished (100 grams, ending up on the ground)

Grrr....Hate it when people do that, it doesn't really prove anything seeing as anyone could write it and it could be better roleplayed. Instead they could explain that they were working on it in their own words, or simply pick it up and only explain what you're doing if someone asks.
WWFSMD?
BATBYGOBSTOPL!
goitre

Postby goitre » Sun May 28, 2006 6:24 am

I saw someone once do that same thing with "large bones" instead of limestone. He picked up a bunch of large bones, and walked off.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sun May 28, 2006 7:23 am

Could a smart staff member close/lock this -real- quick!? :D
:P We all know where it's gunna lead...
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Sun May 28, 2006 7:26 am

I suggest you to visit a site on which there is a lot of information on a theme interesting you.
Last edited by Mykey on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sun May 28, 2006 8:19 am

Yes I'm offended by the word "pissed" but my main rant is about the increasing number of vague subject lines being posted, eg "A question," "Hmm", "wassup".
Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Sun May 28, 2006 8:28 am

Bravo, the excellent message
Last edited by Mykey on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dee

Postby Dee » Sun May 28, 2006 8:38 am

I don't like people who do not capitalize the first letter IC. And those who use : ) or : ( instead of *smiles* or *frowns*.
Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Sun May 28, 2006 8:46 am

I can not participate now in discussion - it is very occupied. I will be released - I will necessarily express the opinion on this question.
Last edited by Mykey on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dee

Postby Dee » Sun May 28, 2006 9:00 am

:lol:

Guess, yeah, it was me!! LOL
goitre

Postby goitre » Sun May 28, 2006 9:06 am

I slipped once and put a (: and was rather embarrased! I haven't done it since, I think.

Perhaps the first letter should be capitalised automatically?
Seeker

Postby Seeker » Sun May 28, 2006 9:34 am

Oh oh! It's my turn again! I hate suicidal newspawns that always tell their pursuers on the road that he or she (the newspawn) belongs to some powerful alliance and to kill the newspawn would be the worst thing to do...I also hate characters that believe them.
Other then that, newspawn thieves I don't mind too much just as long as they don't do it in a deliberate attempt to get killed.
I feel some more rants coming on...
WWFSMD?

BATBYGOBSTOPL!
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sun May 28, 2006 9:42 am

I hate suicidal (not newspawn, just definitely wanting to die for no real reason, after years of sitting around doing nothing) chars that when you follow them, they spew all this bs about the town they left, stupid made-up reasons that aren't even true or realistic reasons, the player just wants the char to die a quick death and it's obvious; Things like, oh, say, how there's too much inane babble when there's usually not a lot of any sort of talk going on there. If they truly don't like where they are, they can just move; c'mon it's not that hard to say, I don't like your town, and then choose a road to leave on.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun May 28, 2006 10:26 am

goitre wrote:Perhaps the first letter should be capitalised automatically?

I hate such laziness ;)
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun May 28, 2006 1:14 pm

I don't like people who do not capitalize the first letter IC. And those who use : ) or : ( instead of *smiles* or *frowns*.

I hate that too! I haven't really seen anyone using emoticons, but what is the deal with all the horrible typing? I've seen so much of it here, not just not capitalizing letters, but saying things like im instead of I'm, and never using periods or commas, and constantly typoing all over the place until you can barely understand what they're saying. I know I'm not always a good typer either, especially when I'm in a hurry, but I respect the fact that Cantr is an RPI that people take seriously and usually type anything longer than one line in notepad so I can proofread it and keep from annoying other players. (like I did with this post so no one could nitpick.) I'll even use a dictionary sometimes for my chars that are supposed to be smart.

The thing is, this is the only text-based game I've ever played that was also tick-based, so there's no reason why these people can't take an extra ten seconds to do the same.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”