Thought or Rant of the day!!!

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Players Department Trainee

curious

Re: Thought or Rant of the day!!!

Postby curious » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Genie wrote:If you can't act,

won't.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:59 pm

PaintedbyRoses wrote:I really like your fable, Genie, but I'm having trouble figuring out what the moral of it is. I've narrowed it down to a few possibilities:

1) Things can always get worse.
2) Stick together if you want to accomplish something.
3) Nothing good ever came from forming a committee.
4) If your friends let you down, get revenge.
5) If rich people are exploiting poor people, the poor people will turn on each other and make things worse for themselves.

I'd go with:
6) If you want a job done properly, do it yourself! ;)
Chroma Key
Translator-Turkish (PR)

Postby Chroma Key » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:41 pm

After being in hospital for 14+ hours today, all I want to say is I am just amazed by our National Health Service. The level of care and compassion I've witnessed today has been stellar.
I am very, very tired now and I wasn't even the one rushing around, attending patients. Heroes, every single one of them.
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 am

Interesting isn't it? Food for the thought. :wink:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Joshuamonkey
GAB/PR Chair/LD/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:32 am

I feel so attached to the Cantr community I feel like announcing important personal events here (without details). My daughter and first child was born this past week. I'd say spawned but it wasn't that easy. However, my wife plays Cantr as well now so there were two Cantrians in the location (enough for a spawning) and I'd say the child was born 100% Cantrian.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/ Image
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Estaar
PD Member/PR Translator (Fr,De)

Postby Estaar » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:33 am

Gratz, JM, and all the best to the three of you.
Stranger in a strange land.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:52 am

Joshuamonkey wrote:I feel so attached to the Cantr community I feel like announcing important personal events here (without details). My daughter and first child was born this past week. I'd say spawned but it wasn't that easy. However, my wife plays Cantr as well now so there were two Cantrians in the location (enough for a spawning) and I'd say the child was born 100% Cantrian.

Awwwwww...That's that cutest Cantrian spawn note ever! And Quahaki sounds like a very Cantrian-type place to live.

I hope you have a nice, snug little cottage with an open window and all the fancy stuff like a bed with some feather pillows and a fireplace and a bathtub and some soap!

Does she have a special Cantrian nickname yet? Something sweet and girly like Blojt or Baaak or Dworft?

All the best wishes for the two of you and your shiny, little spawngirl.
Last edited by PaintedbyRoses on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 am

Joshuamonkey wrote:I feel so attached to the Cantr community I feel like announcing important personal events here (without details). My daughter and first child was born this past week. I'd say spawned but it wasn't that easy. However, my wife plays Cantr as well now so there were two Cantrians in the location (enough for a spawning) and I'd say the child was born 100% Cantrian.

Congratulations to you and your family, I hope your daughter brings so much joy to your life. This news made me smile while I was in a not so cheerful mood.
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
muidoido
RD/PR - LO/LD (Portuguese)

Postby muidoido » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:35 pm

Super cute message! :D And congratulations!
Joshuamonkey
GAB/PR Chair/LD/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 am

PaintedbyRoses wrote:And Quahaki sounds like a very Cantrian-type place to live.

It's funny you mention that, because Quahaki is a made-up planet I think I made up as a child and used for playing and drawing with my siblings. Now I realize it does sound Cantresque.

No Cantrians nicknames yet, though I like the idea. :D

PS I removed the double posts.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/ Image
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:18 pm

Congratulations Joshua... I hope she (and family) are happy and healthy for many many years to come.

Eventually you will get some sleep.

Many blessings.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:11 am

I want to wish a lost friend a happy birthday and Merry Christmas.

- -- You are missed by many beyond myself and the offer still stands.

Happy Birthday!
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”