Firefly

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

rklenseth

Firefly

Postby rklenseth » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:48 am

Did anyone else see this great show before it got cancelled by FOX?

I'm happy that FOX decided to put it on DVD. It hasn't even come out yet and sales are rocketing on Amazon.com and already has 135 reviews with an average of 5 stars. FOX made a big mistake by cancelling this series.

I am also happy to see that Universal Studios has signed a contract with Joss Whedon to film a Firefly movie in 2004 with the original cast and will spin off from where the sho left off.

I think Firefly will return just as Star Trek did so many years. Remember that Star Trek was cancelled in its first season but came back to be the glorious epic that it is today. The thing is that after only 10 aired episodes, the series has created such a huge fan base and cult following. Critics were wowed by this series as well as gave it high marks. It also won an Emmy even though it was cancelled.

I think FOX is kicking themselves in the ass over this one. I'm happy that the huge fan base will make it possible for it to revive. It was or is the best TV show ever. There is nothing to compare it with and the acting and writing was top-notched. It was hard not to fall in love with the characters.

My favorite episode was "Out of Gas" where the whole plot is Captain Mal Reynolds is slowly dying as his ship, the Serenity, is dying as well. This episode is not for the faint of heart because you literally see Mal bleed to death. He tries to save his life by injecting huge amounts of some substance in him with a needle. Then you see him try to bring back the ship to life as he slowly dies. The episode also includes flashbacks of how his motely crew got together and how he loved the ship as well as how the ship and himself get into the position that he is currently trying to straighten out in the present. It was the best hour on TV ever and it was inspiring. It was filled with such raw emotions and feelings that it just sank your heart to the floor but kept you enthralled to see if Mal and Serenity would make it and at the same time see how Mal came to meet his motely crew of smugglers and renegades.

FOX really did themselves in by not seeing that this was a great show from only the get go and it is evident in how huge the fan base has become even after being cancelled. I think Firefly will come back with flying colors. The movie will be great. It is written by the master Joss Whedon (I'm not a fan of Buffy or Angel but you have to admit he is a great writer) and with the great cast and story, it may go from one of the greatest shows ever to one of the greatest movies ever. I am keeping fingers crossed and hope my Irish luck doesn't get the better of me. :D

Lets talk about the show. And if you haven't seen it yet then I would highly recommend you try it. You will fall in love with this great story of a anti-heroes and their small smuggling ship. :wink:
Pirate Lass

Postby Pirate Lass » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:02 am

Yep I did, of couse - Joss made it. :)
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:16 am

I've never even heard of Firefly! LOL
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:03 pm

...me neither. But then I don't really watch tv or anything like that o__o
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
|william|

Postby |william| » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:26 pm

Of course, I saw every episode. :D A very nice show indeed, I was sad to see it go also. FOX has cancelled two great shows that I liked, Firefly and Dark Angel.
"Two by Two, Hands of Blue."

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”