Dogma

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

oddedd

Postby oddedd » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:42 pm

i agree with faulty towers, but also, if you americans really want to know what us brits are like, try watching my family!! hahaha, if only all the girls were as cute as the daughter tho!!
rklenseth

Re: ....

Postby rklenseth » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:47 pm

oddedd wrote:Dogma is a fantastic movie, the best thing is that a friend of mine, a strict christian also found it absolutely hularious! Which just goes to show it is harmless, funny tounge and cheek!

Are you saying that Catholics are stirct or soemthing? Because many Protestant religions in America would say we are lazy sloths. But then again a lot of Protestant religions are offbreeds of the Puritan religions which were very Calvinistic.
oddedd

problem

Postby oddedd » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:52 pm

well I reallyhope im not gonna start a big argument, but i think the problem is over here, there alot of atheists, like myself, but some of them, unlike myself, are extreamly abusive towards christians, so the common thing of all christians, catholic of otherwise, is to be very defensive to any insult even if it was just a tounge and cheek joke meant totally in jest!
oddedd

Postby oddedd » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:56 pm

and sorry, to answere your question more dircetly, here in britain catholics are generally alot stickter with their beleifs then protestants, perfect example, I was a protestant, but I now am an atheist, and no one thought anything of it, if that happened in some of the catholic families I know, they would be totally disgraced in the family.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:32 pm

Yes, things are very different here in America. But you have to remember a lot of the Catholicism in America comes from Ireland which is very different and not as strict as Catholicism coming from France, Spain, or Italy. In fact many Irish-Americans call it Irish Catholicims instead of Roman and have since sucked in the Italian-Americans into their ways. So Catholicism is very different here in America than in Europe I suppose.

And like I said, a lot of the Protestant Religions over here in America are offbreeds of Puritans. Plus, there are groups like the Amish and Mormons who are also very strict toward religion here in America.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:06 pm

Many paths up the mountain to the same summit I believe it was commented upon the various denominations. That's the view I take on the various ways of worship

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”