DragonLance

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

rklenseth

DragonLance

Postby rklenseth » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:03 am

Does anyone read these books? I love them.

I just finished Dragons of a Vanished Moon. I am currently reading Nowhere of the "Crossroads" series which is turning out better than I thought. I have heard a lot of different opinions about the end of the "War of the Souls" series but I personally think that the ending was great. It might not have been a happy ending up it opens up a lot more conflict for the next chapters DragonLance. What do the rest of you think about the ending? I wonder how they will bring back Mina or if anyone will follow her now that her 'charm' is dead (not to give anything away if you haven't read this one yet). I know a lot of people didn't like the way DragonLance was going with Jean Rabe's "Dragons of a New Age" series and the how these powerful dragon overlords take over Krynn. Personally I didn't mind it but I'm happy that Weis and Hickman brought it back to how it was in the old days.

I would really like there to be books written about the other continents on Krynn. They only write about Ansalon and never write about the other continents (there's like three more if my memory serves me right) though the others are included in the original AD&D DragonLance Campaign Setting and the new DragonLance D20 Game. I think the books could go so much farther if they wrote about the other continents. I would like to how the peoples of the other continents are affected by the gods and stuff that happen on Ansalon. I can't imagine why the gods only put all of their attention into just Ansalon. From the campaign setting information, there are some very well-developed cultures and civilizations on the other continents.

Maybe they should link DragonLance and Forgotten Realms together through a dimensional portal or something. That would be cool to see Drizzt go to Krynn. There are definitely other worlds in the universe as the dragon overlords of the Fifth Age are dragons from a different planet that happen to accidently get to Krynn during the chaos war. That's why the dragons were so much more powerful and larger because they weren't the same dragons as the ones that lived on Krynn and were created by the Krynnish Gods.

It would also be cool if two different worlds went to war with each other through a portal or something (like the Warcraft storyline). Like some powerful wizard in Farun decides to open up a portal to Krynn and invade it with an army. That would be cool though I don't think Wizards of the Coast would ever have that happen. But one could always hope.[/u]
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:09 pm

I read the original dragonlance series, but that's it. I liked it a lot though.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:38 pm

So you read the Chronicles (Dragons of Autumn Twilight, Dragons of Winter Night, and Dragons of Spring Dawning). A fourth books was added to that called Dragons of Summer Flame which was mostly about the children of the Heroes of the Lance (Steel Brightblade, Palin Majere, Usha Majere (there is still a lot of controversy over whether or not she is Raistlin's daughter)) included some of original heroes (like Tasslehoff and Tanis).

First you should read "Legends" which is about Raistlin and Caramon going back into time so that Raistlin can become a god and stuff and kill Takhisis
Then you should read the The Second Generation nd then read Dragons of Summer Flame. From there you can get into the Fifth Age Books and eventually get to "The War of Souls". If you read them out of order then you'll become mighty confused as well as when you go to read a series after you read the one that is suppose to come after it, you will most likely know the outcome of the next series.

I can't wait to read the next series "Minotaur Wars". I'm glad they are finally bringing the minotaurs into the mix. I can't give anything away other than that as it would give away the ending of "The War of the Souls". Lets just say that three 'beings' die and one person is made mortal and this leads a void of power within the Krynnish Godhood. Plus there is the return of DragonLance's most famous character :wink:.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Tue Oct 21, 2003 3:46 pm

oh, i read some of legends I think, can't remember if it were all of em

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”