Druidry

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Undine

Druidry

Postby Undine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:49 pm

About three weeks ago, I began to study Druidry out of a general interest that I've always had in the subject. I have always wanted to know more about it, but I haven't had access to many resources until recently. The more that I read about the history and spirituality of Druidry, the more interested I become. The beliefs resonate with me, and I have yet to find anything that contradicts with what I believe.

I was wondering if anyone here identifies as a Druid (or if anyone follows any sort of Pagan religion, like Wicca). I just want to talk to someone about their personal experiences with their spirituality, to see if this is really something for me.

~Undine
Doug R.

Re: Druidry

Postby Doug R. » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:13 pm

"Druish? She doesn't look Druish."
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Undine

Postby Undine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Doug R. wrote:"Druish? She doesn't look Druish."

Spaceballs is perfection.
However, that's not quite what I am looking for.
Faith
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Faith » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:43 pm

I doubt there will be too much answers about paganism religion in public Undine. It is very marginalized in today's society. Maybe you will receive any private message.
Do you try to contact any organization IRL to answer your questions?
Undine

Postby Undine » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Well, actually, somebody has been messaging me privately here. They have been very helpful. :)
As for contacting organizations IRL, well... As you said, paganism is very marginalized in society today, and I happen to live in a very small conservative community. Any organizations that I can contact are miles away from here.
Faith
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Faith » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:52 pm

Undine wrote:Well, actually, somebody has been messaging me privately here. They have been very helpful. :)

See? :)

Undine wrote:As for contacting organizations IRL, well... As you said, paganism is very marginalized in society today, and I happen to live in a very small conservative community. Any organizations that I can contact are miles away from here.

I'm not sure if you're from U.K. or U.S.A.; but there are so many around, maybe you can't contact face to face with them, but they usually have any email, webpage or facebook.
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:09 pm

I have a friend who is a practicing druid. She's done training and even been certified, whatever that means. She's great but I haven't paid much attention to the druidry, so I'd have to ask her what sites/orgs to recommend. Could if you like.

She has the greenest thumb I've ever seen. Her husband is a beekeeper.

I do not live in a small conservative community, suffice to say.
I kill threads. It's what I do.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”