Mobile Cantr

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SumBum

Re: Mobile Cantr

Postby SumBum » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:37 pm

*Wiro wrote:Just don't be the person saying "[OOC: Sorry I'm on my phone]" all the time. (Not that you would...probably.) I've bumped into a fair number of people who kept messing up their roleplay and then apologizing for it, sometimes multiple times a day.

LOL No, that annoys me also when people OOC to correct minor typos, etc. I'm hard on myself when I make mistakes, but try to correct it IC or tell myself to just let it go if it's something that doesn't drastically change the meaning of my post. If you post a sentence that includes "taht" I'm pretty sure we can all figure out what you meant to type and it isn't necessary to correct it. I really try to limit my OOC posts because it just seems to break the whole RP experience.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 pm

SumBum wrote:
*Wiro wrote:Just don't be the person saying "[OOC: Sorry I'm on my phone]" all the time. (Not that you would...probably.) I've bumped into a fair number of people who kept messing up their roleplay and then apologizing for it, sometimes multiple times a day.

LOL No, that annoys me also when people OOC to correct minor typos, etc. I'm hard on myself when I make mistakes, but try to correct it IC or tell myself to just let it go if it's something that doesn't drastically change the meaning of my post. If you post a sentence that includes "taht" I'm pretty sure we can all figure out what you meant to type and it isn't necessary to correct it. I really try to limit my OOC posts because it just seems to break the whole RP experience.

Thank you for that :)

I get so annoyed by people OOC talking about how cool a new feature is, or how telling the whole smurfing town how they're gonna be on a 30 minute drive home :evil: [/rant]

Besides that....

However I like being able to Cantr anywhere, I do about the same as Wiro, quickly check or change some stuff, maybe a quick answer to something, but no huge RP things, as I simply can't keep up and I will start making mistakes when I do.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:11 pm

I remember checking Cantr on my old school flip phone back in (IIRC) 2005/6 using a buggy Opera Mini browser. No touchscreen, had to use the phone buttons for navigation. Could fit maybe an average sized sentence on the screen. Forget about actually doing anything (does anyone actually remember typing/texting on those things?!) and trying to figure out where the 'cursor' was just didn't happen.

So yeah....now when I do play on my Note 3, the little things that go wrong are annoying...but then I remember how it used to be and am oh so glad that it isn't like that any more!

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”