Gamers Corner

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

BosBaBe

Gamers Corner

Postby BosBaBe » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:16 am

No not games as in Cantr, I mean pc games, xbox, ps3! Who's all gamers out here? I am! *raises hand*

Who else we got here? Want to list your favorite games? Prefer single player or multiplayer?

My favorite games are:

Portal 1 and 2
Minecraft
Alice Madness Returns
The Ship
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Limbo
Natural Selection 2
Killing Floor
Amnesia The Dark Descent/Machine for Pigs
BIT.TRIP Runner 2 (so addictive)
Kinny

Re: Gamers Corner

Postby Kinny » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:26 am

BosBaBe wrote:No not games as in Cantr, I mean pc games, xbox, ps3! Who's all gamers out here? I am! *raises hand*

Who else we got here? Want to list your favorite games? Prefer single player or multiplayer?

My favorite games are:

Portal 1 and 2
Minecraft
Alice Madness Returns
The Ship
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Limbo
Natural Selection 2
Killing Floor
Amnesia The Dark Descent/Machine for Pigs
BIT.TRIP Runner 2 (so addictive)

Seem to like the scarier games. Ever played Outlast? A little like Amnesia but with more violence/gore.
Most recently I've been enjoying Borderlands 2, Dead Island: Riptide, Bastion, Mirrors Edge, and the Batman Arkahm/Origin games.
If anyone has a steam account we should definitely play together some time! I can message you my username.
Tangential

Postby Tangential » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:30 am

Oooo it isn't an amazing day until I get to squeeze in some L4D2!

I have a few selective games on Steam (Borderlands 2, Dead Island series, Bioshock Infinite, etc.), but I tend to always go back to some mindless pew pew'ing of Left 4 Dead 2.
Kinny

Postby Kinny » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:43 am

Tangential wrote:Oooo it isn't an amazing day until I get to squeeze in some L4D2!

I have a few selective games on Steam (Borderlands 2, Dead Island series, Bioshock Infinite, etc.), but I tend to always go back to some mindless pew pew'ing of Left 4 Dead 2.

That's completely what Dead Island is for me. A real just way to relax. Except not pew pewing, but curb stomping zombies instead. Or using a chainsaw. Or like... an electrified baseball bat. That game is such a fun time.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:45 am

I don't play those kinds of games anymore, though with my new computer and internet, I could probably kick ass in Team Fortress 2.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
BosBaBe

Postby BosBaBe » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:27 am

Oh oh oh! I know Outlast, that game is awesome! I don't have the guts to play it though, I'm working up to it. xD And Dead Island is awesome, I loved making electric machetes and just running around cutting zombies up into bite sized chunks. But those exploding ones wouldn't let me do it :c. And Left 4 Dead 2 is also my pew pew style games. I love the character dialogue too. Ellis and Francis are my favorite.

This one time, me and my buddy Keith! :3

And how could I have forgotten Bioshock Infinite? That's going on my favorite list right now. One of the best games ever!

If anyone wants to add me on Steam, my username is the same as my current Cantr forums nickname. :)
Kinny

Postby Kinny » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:52 am

BosBaBe wrote:Oh oh oh! I know Outlast, that game is awesome! I don't have the guts to play it though, I'm working up to it. xD And Dead Island is awesome, I loved making electric machetes and just running around cutting zombies up into bite sized chunks. But those exploding ones wouldn't let me do it :c. And Left 4 Dead 2 is also my pew pew style games. I love the character dialogue too. Ellis and Francis are my favorite.

This one time, me and my buddy Keith! :3

And how could I have forgotten Bioshock Infinite? That's going on my favorite list right now. One of the best games ever!

If anyone wants to add me on Steam, my username is the same as my current Cantr forums nickname. :)

Don't feel bad! I've yet to make it all the way through Outast. Or both Amnesia games! But I'm getting there... :lol:
BosBaBe

Postby BosBaBe » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:12 am

Kinny wrote:Don't feel bad! I've yet to make it all the way through Outast. Or both Amnesia games! But I'm getting there... :lol:

I made it to just before the end of Machine For Pigs, it's a lot less scary than the first game I reckon, I actually haven't finished Amnesia the Dark Descent. Scares me senseless. xD

Another game I LOVE is Cry of Fear, that's an awesome one for co-op too. I beat a giant to death with a log to save my comrades, now that was funny. Heard of it?
Kinny

Postby Kinny » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:07 am

BosBaBe wrote:
Kinny wrote:Don't feel bad! I've yet to make it all the way through Outast. Or both Amnesia games! But I'm getting there... :lol:

I made it to just before the end of Machine For Pigs, it's a lot less scary than the first game I reckon, I actually haven't finished Amnesia the Dark Descent. Scares me senseless. xD

Another game I LOVE is Cry of Fear, that's an awesome one for co-op too. I beat a giant to death with a log to save my comrades, now that was funny. Heard of it?

I got almost to the end of Dark Descent, and then only through the beginning of Machine for Pigs. I'd gifted it to my brother, he went ahead (on MY save!) and beat it before me, haha, figures. I'm a serial non-finisher of games. But they were both a lot of fun, and scary if you played in the right atmosphere.

No, I've never heard of Cry of Fear, I'll have to give it a look. Have you ever played the F.E.A.R games? I picked up 2 and 3 in a humble bundle and after a few hours of FEAR 2, it seems pretty fun. Some jump scares, creepy situations, and still a decent fps.
BosBaBe

Postby BosBaBe » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Cry of Fear is awesome, I recommend it for single player as well, bloody scary!

I also have a habit of not finishing games, I haven't finished Borderlands 2 either, mostly since I didn't find it as entertaining as Borderlands. I liked Lilith's ability the most because it was fun.

Another scary game that's come out recently is Doorways, that one's bizarre. You play as this guy that can go into the minds of crazy people and it's well scary in there. xD

Then there's Dread Out, wow that game is weird. I recommend it though because it's different from most games, and uses eastern ghost legends. They are the scariest ghost stories, like really, I have no idea how they come up with that stuff. And it uses unique gameplay mechanics, like you have this camera phone and you can only see the ghosts with your cellphone, and taking pictures of them scares them off. It's pretty weird but fun too.
Kinny

Postby Kinny » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:08 am

Dread Out sounds a lot like the game Fatal Frame, in it you have to explore this creepy mansion and take photos of ghosts. I'm not describing it well, but its pretty freaky. It was a while ago I played it though - like on PS2. Haha.

And I never played Borderlands! But I jumped into Borderlands 2 and loved it, beat it with the Siren and then again with the Psycho when that DLC came out. So much fun, one of the funniest and most aggravating antagonists in a game that I've played in a while. You really should try to finish it, the ending was very satisfying.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 pm

I've never been a huge fan of games, but some I have spent way too much time with are Settlers 4, Diablo 2 and last but certainly not least Civilization 2.
Shaderon
Location: England (The rain center of the universe or so it seems)

Postby Shaderon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Fable 1/2/3

No question.

There's a new one out soon too!!!
Earn cash in your spare time by blackmailing your friends - A spam email is for life not just for Christmas.
thamior757

Postby thamior757 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:48 pm

I have thought about a thread like this for a while, so glad to see it!

My favorite steam game to play with others, recently, is Payday 2. It is such an awesome coop experience, never really played anything like that.

How about roguelikes? We all play a game with permadeath, but there are so many awesome (free!) ones like Tales of Maj'Eyal and Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

On that note, how about Dwarf Fortress? I hop in and out of bouts of being completely obsessed with it.
Circumlocution built under her expectant gaze, her lips ushering a soft sigh. He resigned, face flush. Next up ordered a venti latte.
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Not to thread-crap, but there's an entire forum dedicated to other games. lol

The only games I've played that are associated with Steam are Skyrim and recently I decided to try out Everquest II. I'd like to give Minecraft a go sometime or try out some of the new Sim City and Civ games. I just haven't had much time to spare.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”