Gamemaker Studio Standard Edition Giveaway

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Cdls

Gamemaker Studio Standard Edition Giveaway

Postby Cdls » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:07 am

YoYo games is currently offering a promotion giving away its standard edition of GameMaker Studio ($50 value). Not sure if anyone is interested in such things, but thought I would post it.

http://gamemakerblog.com/2013/11/25/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-currently-free-50-value/

And additionally, if you sign up here, you get Tizen Module addin as well.
http://www.yoyogames.com/developers/promotions/tizen-game-drive/apply

You need to provide an E-Mail address for these promotions.
thamior757

Re: Gamemaker Studio Standard Edition Giveaway

Postby thamior757 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Nice catch, saw this myself yesterday. Pretty hard to pass up a deal like this.
Circumlocution built under her expectant gaze, her lips ushering a soft sigh. He resigned, face flush. Next up ordered a venti latte.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Agreed, which is why I posted this. From what I hear, the new Unity update has got the GameMaker people a bit anxious, hence the deals.
thamior757

Postby thamior757 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Oh really? I hadn't heard. I really haven't paid attention to Gamemaker recently. Been more focused on, well, Unity. :roll: But with how much I used to use the tool, I'm more than willing to take another look. Whatever the cause, this is sure getting them a lot of attention.
Circumlocution built under her expectant gaze, her lips ushering a soft sigh. He resigned, face flush. Next up ordered a venti latte.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Considering its free, I see no reason to not grab it, but from my understanding, if you already use Unity, then you will find headaches in dealing with the limitations of GameMaker. That being said, I am also hearing that GameMaker is a great way to quickly push out prototypes, so there are pluses!

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”