Cantria - an original work of fiction

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Re: Cantria - an original work of fiction

Postby Bmot » Mon May 05, 2014 12:41 am

Doug R. wrote:
Bmot wrote:Hey, you never told us you posted more! :mrgreen:

The forum was down! And I've gotten preoccupied again since.

Okay okay....

So...

When will there be more? *pokepoke*
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Bmot

Postby Bmot » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Will there be more? :mrgreen:
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:48 pm

So, so sorry. RL has just taken away most of my free time. Yes, there is more. Computer is currently in the shop, though, so the RL woes continue.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Bmot

Postby Bmot » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Fair enough.. Hope your RL gets better soon, then :)

Let us know when more arrives! :mrgreen:
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue May 03, 2016 5:59 pm

Well, as you all can see, the links in this thread are dead. I decided to get serious about getting Cantria published, so thought taking it out of the public eye was a sensible move. However, I have a new offering for the world, and the Cantr community in particular.

Those of you who played Cantr when I did may recognize Sylvie Dill, who spent most of her time in Zuzi. Sylvie’s life in Cantr began filled with wonder and promise, and it was very tragic for me to watch her innocence become lost and her life spiral into a despair so dark and thick that there was no escaping it. One of my greatest wishes was that I could pluck her out of time and take her back to her early days. I even tried to do that with a desperate attempt at amnesia. However, as role-players discover and know well, characters are who they are; they are products of their world. Sylvie’s soul was so tainted by her life’s experiences, even amnesia couldn’t scrub it from her. However, plucking Sylvie Dill out of that world and inserting her into a new one has given Sylvie a second chance.

The excerpt can be found on my Wordpress site, or on DeviantArt, though the Wordpress site has pictures and better formatting. I'm happy to take comments/constructive critique here, and I hope you all enjoy!
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”