How to get rid of caffaine addiction?

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Re: How to get rid of caffaine addiction?

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:36 pm

Set goals for how long you can go without drinking coffee, like a day, then two days. You can also lower the amount.
And you can drink hot chocolate instead. :D That's less caffeine, though still a bit.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Shaderon
Location: England (The rain center of the universe or so it seems)

Re: How to get rid of caffaine addiction?

Postby Shaderon » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:58 pm

I was doing a detox some years ago and part of this was to kick caffeine. I used to drink around 4-6 cups of coffee a day with tea after meals and the occasional coke. When I did the detox my head killed for ages and I felt sluggish and got a bad cold for weeks. After a few weeks all the symptoms dissapeared and I felt tons better, I then decided to never get addicted again. I get less phlegm in my system, (caffeine is a big phlegm increaser) and I have much more energy. Now I drink Redbush tea (naturally no caffeine) and I've started cutting sugar down too. I feel better for that as I've been doing it for around 2 months now. There's a guy at work who thinks he needs energy drinks to work, I actually feel sorry for him because he can't think straight when he's not got one in his hand. That's an addiction.

The best thing is.... all I have to do to get high now is drink fresh coffee, one cup and it's like I'm on speed or something.
Earn cash in your spare time by blackmailing your friends - A spam email is for life not just for Christmas.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”