Exams

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Alladinsane

Re: Exams

Postby Alladinsane » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:57 pm

tests are okay.

But speeches and presentations rock...same with debates

Easy A's.

Not for everybody if you have a public speaking fear; I get a buzz from it though. I miss my school days. I complained when I was there, but now realize just how fun it was. RL that's post-education is a drag.

Good luck to everyone, but if you aren't leaving it to luck, even better.

Two words: Kick Major Butt!

Be well
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Sadly I am long past the point in my academic career when I got an A for anything. At this point it's pass/fail, promotion/fired.

I miss the days where I had a presentation with no prep and still nailed an A. Good times. :)

At least I get lots of letters after my name for what I'm doing at the moment...
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 pm

I was talking about college; I am a high school drop out. Went back when I was 27. Presentations to the phd's and their M.S. assistants was my specialty. Its not that they were easy, it was just my thing. Doing all of the odd problems on page 246 though...I had a weakness there.
So I took exams and speeches over tests when there was a choice, it just fit my natural Ham-it-up style.

But congratulations on the letters after the name, its a huge accomplishment and you deserve to be very proud.

Be well
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Midterms this week.

It turns out the highest score on the AP Chem midterm was something like 32/75, so needless to say (but I'm saying it anyway), the grades were curved, which means I got a 100.

Math midterm was easy.

I didn't even have a midterm in my other two (3) classes.

FCATs next week!
And then Lakeside, which is kind of like a jazz band exam, so to speak. It's a jazz and arts festival, but all the jazz bands get rated, and the scores get announced at the very end. Last year I think we received Excellent Excellent Superior, but we did receive best saxophone section of the day. I was very happy. :mrgreen:
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 am

Can I assume FCAT is Florida *mumblefrotz* Achievement Test, or somesuch?
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:18 pm

FCAT

Florida
Comprehensive
Assessment
Test

(A bit redundant, don't you think?)

It isn't even all that comprehensive. It covers math and reading every year from 3rd to 10th; science in your 5th, 8th, and 11th grade years; and writing (i.e. you have to write a 5-paragraph essay in 45 minutes) in 4th, 8th, and 10th grade years.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Very controversial...most parents like it, just about all teachers do not.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:09 am

FCAT is bollocks.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:42 pm

So I got up nice and early this morning to panic-study for my crucial exam this morning... Didn't have my act together and wasn't very prepared, and I think that anything lower than a B+ would result in me failing the course.

Check my email: Exam cancelled due to the overnight blizzard that saved my ass!

*runs around like a happy maniac*
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:07 pm

AP exam on Monday morning at 8:00, and another one two Thursdays later.
-cramstudies-
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:29 am

AP exams are long over. But. We still have the classes to finish. Which is kind of pointless if you ask me. If I've already taken the AP exam, then why do I have to keep going to class?

Anyway.

APWH (AP World History). Our final: a presentation making connections between historical events (pre-1900s) and modern-day happenings. We must present it in front of the class, and we cannot read from the slides, but we must have at least 20 slides with text on them.

-is going to fail-

Honestly, I'd much rather have another multiple-choice and extended response exam.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:21 pm

I'd love an assignment like that.

How does the outcome of the American Civil War affect US policies today?

How did the history of the Austro-Hungarian Empire contribute to the world as we know it?

Investigate the legacy of Karl Marx upon modern society.

The list is endless. Have fun! This is one of those assignments that if you justify your reasons, the teacher will be hard pressed to say you're wrong, since who can really know for sure? This is a topic that people write dissertations on. Think of it as an end of term gift.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:18 pm

My theory has always been that if the Anglo Saxons had invented the stirrup, you and I would be speaking Norwegian today, Snick.
--gejyspa
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm glad I don't have to study stuff like that anymore. History has always been my worst subject (or at least out of regular writing subjects, hard to compare it to P.E. and needlework), I might be able to remember what it was like during a certain period in history but comparing stuff or assessing how something influences something... I couldn't write anything on that. Now I just have to remember stuff like how much rice you need to cook per customer or how much sauce, or how hot meat/chicken needs to be in order to be considered safe to eat. I guess people are built to be good at remembering and processing different types of data, some see the connections between different things and some just remember disconnected bits of information without being able to see the big picture.
Not-so-sad panda
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Heh. Not so easy.

My assigned topic: Persecution of Jews over time and how it led to the modern state of Israel
Assigned on: Thursday of last week
Due: today
Complications: major project in AP Chemistry that was due on Tuesday; worked endlessly on it. This means that I didn't even start research until Wednesday, and I had to pull an all-nighter last night and still didn't finish, meaning I spent all of first and second block half-assing what I could.

At least I managed to postpone the presentation to Tuesday morning before school, which buys me time to prepare notes and make the PowerPoint look at least halfway finished. (I was supposed to present today in class originally.)

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”