Strange things you family/friends do

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Misato

Re: Strange things you family/friends do

Postby Misato » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:41 pm

My maternal step-grandfather is a serious klepto, and I'm pretty sure he's senile, too...who sells their grandson's best friends car right out from under their noses for $60?!! (granted it was pretty much a junky bug, but still!)

My paternal grandfather likes to bark at my dog, and my dog likes to bury her milkbones in my bed and then bark at them...

My brothers are potheads...enough said...lol

My paternal grandmother goes to the doctor for the smallest things, runny nose, sore throat...but then she has a good reason I guess. She had her knee replaced last year and infections could settle there and that would be relly bad...

My mom has bad thyroids and the drs havent given her strong enough meds, so sometimes I've caught her putting clean dishes in the fridge and milk in the cabinets because she's so tired...

I like to chase squirrles... ^_^

That's all I can think of right now...lol
ImageImage
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:31 pm

My grandfather is missing bits of his fingers, and the funny thing is he talks with his hands. I wish I had a video of him describing to the family how to make ribs "Now when it starts makin' little bubbles like this *makes a opening and closing motion with his hand at medium pace* that's when you know it's done. Not like this *makes same motion but faster* or this *makes same motion but much slower* but like this *makes a opening and closing motion with his hand at medium pace*" :mrgreen: It's too funny.
My step-grandma (whom the entire family abhores) has a very shrill voice and is always complaining about whatever illnesses she has. There's a whole running joke in the family about talking in a "Mary voice" (mary's her name) and whenever we make fun of her we often go "My colon's fallin' out, my colon's fallin out!" 'cause she always telling us about how the doctor says her colon is just so bad and she can't eat this and she can't eat that and she's gotta eat special food when she has dinner with us and is always complaining about it, but then she'll go to bojangles while my grandpa's at work. :roll:
A quote from my uncle "I'm Bi-Sectional. I'm only gay from the waist up." That's him, alright. He came over to see the family for the first time in ages (he lives across the country) and we were trying to get the tv working (my other uncle has some ridiculously complicated setup) and he goes--in all seriousness "Maybe the planets are out of alignment. Or it could be fairies." :shock:

My whole family is kinda strange. :)
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

phoenixannwn wrote:My grandfather is missing bits of his fingers, and the funny thing is he talks with his hands. I wish I had a video of him describing to the family how to make ribs "Now when it starts makin' little bubbles like this *makes a opening and closing motion with his hand at medium pace* that's when you know it's done. Not like this *makes same motion but faster* or this *makes same motion but much slower* but like this *makes a opening and closing motion with his hand at medium pace*" :mrgreen: It's too funny.

Is your grandfather Justin Wilson? Cause that's the voice in my head when I"m reading that.
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:33 pm

OH MY GOSH. Yes. Only less cajun/french. He speaks "Horry County talk" (pronounced oh-ree canty tahk). My whole family is sooo southern. When he was making the motions with his hands, he was like "Like this righ chere." (right here). :) He's a country boy. We don't make gumbo, we make chicken bog and collard greens.
Oh! And missing fingers run in the family.
My grandpa's dad chopped off his fingers and didn't realize it (he was chopping wood or somethin) and came in and his wife goes "You're bleeding." And he looks down and goes "So I am." And he's missing his fingers. My grandpa lost his fingers in a machine accident at the lumber mill where he worked. And my uncle got them slammed in a car door and lost some.
Thank god it only seems to follow the male line. :lol:
70% cute, 30% WTF
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm

My dad lost his fingers while working at the harbor. I only heard last winter how it had happened exactly, it had been winter time so he slipped on ice and put his hand on a platform to steady himself. Right then they lowered a crate on said platform and crushed his fingers. One is amputated all the way including the joint while one is a stump.
Not-so-sad panda
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:31 pm

My family likes to play explosives. The professional grade kind.
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Funsies!
70% cute, 30% WTF
Mr. Black
Location: Fighting bandanna-wearing AK-47 firing pickles in Zimbabwe

Postby Mr. Black » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:49 pm

My grandma (she's 80 this week, actually) grew up in the Depression and insists on keeping food for years after it's gone out of date, insisting that that disgusting brown thing in the cupboard is "why, perfectly delicious, hon! Here, lemme whip y'up some spaghetti from 1992!" It's gone to the point where every few months, my mom, cousin, and aunt break into her house at night and clean out the entire house of food, replacing it with the same brands and kinds of food, but, y'know, good.

And phoneix, my mom's side of the family's incredibly southron too, only the white-trash nasty kinda southern. My gramp's one of the most racist guys you'll ever meet, though he's generally a nice guy otherwise. My uncle is like the epitome of redneck: he sits on his porch all day with a shotgun and a beer and calls me a "damn longhair" when I come around. Anyway. Yeah. Fun. The other side of my family's incredibly weird too, only in the darker, we-have-lots-of-literally-crazy-people-and-drug-addicts kinda way.
PLAYER STATS

NAME: Mr. Black
LIKES: Hard rock, metal, playing both, Cantr, the internet, and whiskey.
HATES: His apartment, lizards, snakes, being told what to do.
STR: -2
AGI: -10
INT: +10
RCK: >9000
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 am

When I was really little, I always insisted on having two washcloths when I took a bath: one for my face, and the other for my down there area. My justification for it was, while I didn't want my face smelling like butt, I also didn't want my butt smelling like face.
I also have a tendency to go into too much detail. For some reason, I have an aptitude for creating TMI moments.
My dad scratches his back on the bricks outlining the back of our fireplace in our family room.
My maternal grandfather will mistake my name for my mom's sister's name.
My Siamese cat Ninja always decides that he wants attention and to be pet whenever the phone rings. We call it Ninja-Loving-Time, and he will NOT be ignored!
My dachshund uses the bottom of Ninja's perch (which is carpeted, and one post is wrapped in rope) to scratch her own back.
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:12 am

Snickie wrote:My dad scratches his back on the bricks outlining the back of our fireplace in our family room.

Nothing wrong with that, unless of course they are not attached to the wall when he does this.
Snickie wrote:My maternal grandfather will mistake my name for my mom's sister's name.
Is her name in any way similar to yours?
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 am

Name calling is nothing unusual. My mom would go through the roll call whenever one of us got in trouble, and sometimes she'd even confuse us for the dogs.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:19 am

Snickie wrote:When I was really little, I always insisted on having two washcloths when I took a bath: one for my face, and the other for my down there area. My justification for it was, while I didn't want my face smelling like butt, I also didn't want my butt smelling like face.

That's not all that strange. In my line of work I do a lot of bathing people and sponge baths and such. A lot of people have a cloth for their face and body, and one for their perineal area. It's on par with people who use one cloth washing that spot last after everything else.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Majix

Postby Majix » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:25 pm

I have a friend who dries his ears with a (clean) sock instad of a towel.
BeepBeep

Postby BeepBeep » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 am

When I was really little, we lived in a place that was really hot in the summer time. We didn't have air conditioning so we left the windows open all night. I was so afraid someone would come in through the window and nab me that I would pull the covers all the way up to my chin in order to get to sleep. My rationale was that if someone came in it would be dark and they would think it was just my decapitated head lying on the pillow. Then they would leave since somebody already got to me first.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:59 am

:lol:

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”