Non-Cantr related dreams

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

gejyspa

Re: Non-Cantr related dreams

Postby gejyspa » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:56 pm

[SekoETC: Dreams about losing teeth are a fairly common theme. I have them a lot, myself. They're supposed to mean something, but just what, I couldn't tell you, although the timing of this dream with your recent wedding is probably suggestive]

I had a dream last night that I had joined a choir. I was quite happy to be in it, although I was the only adult (in real life, I'm not sure how good a voice I really have. Doesn't stop me from singing, though, but have never been in a choir). I wasn't quite so thrilled that I was classified as a soprano. I was late for the first rehearsal, and didn't thrill the instructor when my cell phone went off. Also, instead of like doing any actual singing, she showed us two movies based on the piece we were going to be doing. One was live action, and was sung, but the story line was kind of interpreted. The other was a cartoon, but stuck close the story line of the piece, but it was not sung, only spoken. She asked the choir which when they liked better. I was the only one who chose the second one, which she was very annoyed at. Obviously not the answer she was looking for....
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:54 pm

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art10573.asp

If you are dreaming about losing your teeth, you may have "bitten off more than you can chew" in a particular situation, or relationship. Dreams of losing teeth could mean that you feel you have lost the ability to make decisions, and you may feel that some situation is out of your control, or you are headed in a direction you don't want to go in.

These dreams may also be an indicator that you are not assimilating information around you, so you don't have all the facts about certain situations.
Not-so-sad panda
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Damn. I dream about my teeth being loose and falling out a lot. *shudders* Those types of dreams creep me out because they're always more real to me than most. I always wake up groaning in my head that my teeth are gone and then I'm so relieved when I finally realize it was just a dream and my teeth are still there.
Cheshierekat

Postby Cheshierekat » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:20 pm

I've been dreaming about tattoos a lot lately. Just last night I was dreaming that I was talking to a shop owner about an apprenticeship and he loved my work. My first job was tattooing leopard print spot on someone....
When people tell me that great minds think alike, all I can do is look at them and think "oh you dirty, dirty bastard"
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:24 am

When I'm interrupted in my trying-to-remember-what-the-crap-my-dream-was-about session, I retain the strangest details.

Like last night's dream was really long and had some plotline to it that I think actually came to a conclusion in the end before my mom dumped a Snick on my bed. But the only specifics I can remember was of me driving this red small SUV, and when I went to turn on the turn signal to go left so I could change lanes, I accidentally hit the windshield wipers instead. I say to myself, "I'm so dumb, the turn signal is on the left side of the wheel, not the right. How could I mix that up?" (It might not have been exactly like that, but that was the gist of it.) Anyway, in a panic, I tried to turn off the wipers at the same time as turn on the turn signal, which worked except for the fact that I didn't completely shut off the wipers until a few seconds after I had made the lane change.
Vega

Postby Vega » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 pm

I had a stupid dream tonight.

First, my mother worked on the newspaper kiosk near my house. And she was a little angry because the person who worked there at afternoons, had messed the candies.
Then, I had an appointment with a friend of Italian lessons and my mother looked at me jelous when she saw me hugging another woman...

This friend and I, we went down the street and we crossed some chairs and one of them got angry with me (don't ask why...) and they started running after us, so we had to run away to the beach. We had to put out shoes out to go to the water and continue running there, because, as everybody knows (at least in my dream :wink: ) chairs can't run in the water because their feet break down... :shock:

And that wasn't very useful, because they had slingshots. And then... I woke up.

(And yes, I said chairs... They had little eyes and a tiny mouth on their back...)
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 pm

The gist of last night's dream: after running all over Central Florida (but avoiding the bigger cities like Orlando, Winter Park, Maitland, Altamonte, etc), it had me running around several stories of a building trying to get photos and music because gejyspa was either getting married or doing a renewal of vows ceremony, and I was trying to explain to somone else the kind of music we were going to have (classical genre played by a small symphony orchestra), and meanwhile people like Greek were around trying to throw in their opinions of classical music and favorite pieces and favorite types of ensembles, etc.
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 am

Classical, eh? Nah, must have been some OTHER gejyspa, :lol: . Give me show tunes any day.
Snickie

Postby Snickie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:28 pm

This is a reeeeeeally long dream. You have been warned.

I feel like I've had this dream before. It started in driving people around in the Honda and running lights because even when stomped on the break facing uphill the car would still roll forward, and I'd have to go. Of course, later on the Rav did not have this problem. Anyway, at some point the dream shifts to a small classroom setting, except the classroom is in a screened-in porch area. I distinctly remember a small girl, thick glasses, blonde ponytail (like the girl Burniece in that one other movie), was sitting at one desk which was surrounded by a glass cylinder, and in the bottom of this cylinder was a few inches filled with this weird sick-looking green translucent liquid. And somehow I knew that if she'd misbehaved or gotten something wrong the liquid would rise. I would periodically return to that class throughout the dream and the liquid would be higher and higher.

At some point in the dream, I was taken captive by some other group, which I found out to be tyrranical and evil. This new "classroom" was in a low-ceilinged tree house, with a few loose ceiling panes (that I occasionally would push up to see outside) and a window in one corner that led to a small piece of wooden railing that surrounded the perimeter, but you couldn't travel on it very far due to a tangle of branches going clockwise and a really high cliff going counterclockwise. I was taken as the new top student; I was supposed to be a spy or something I guess.

Anyway, the dream took on somewhat of a video-game setting: I'd watch myself jumping around this weird dark grayish cave, avoiding some blobs of greenish-gray slime and picking up others. Later, the dream became realish again, and I found myself being promoted even though I'd messed up a lot, probably because I had skillfully maneuvered out when I did mess up. I became head honcho teacher's pet or whatever.

But I wasn't satisfied. I didn't want to be with this evil guy at his school anymore. So I just left one day and went back to the original classroom from the dream. They were eager to welcome me back, even the girl whose tank's fluid had by then reached halfway to her shoulders. I began sharing my experiences.

Dream shifts to evil headmaster's point of view. He was angry. Very angry. That his star student was now associating with /them/ made him feel angry, and betrayed. He vowed to get me back, and make me pay.

Back to me. It had probably been a few days since I'd returned. The class all went outside to do something.... I had a psychic vision of me in some really dark cross between the cave from before and my parents' old bedroom. The evil master was there, with a hold on my left arm so I couldn't escape. He was livid. He told me I'd pay, and then proceeded to bite my index finger, bringing up a wart-like blemish, which he also bit. I threw my head back and screamed, and came out of the vision. We were still in the valley. Nothing had happened. Frightened, I told the vision to no one. We went back to the porch-classroom, where we proceeded to start another lesson. I lingered outside for a moment, and then everything went black.

When I woke up, I was in the clutches of the evil headmaster again. I was pushed against a wall, the wall of the cave, but still had weight on my feet, and my left arm was held stiff so I couldn't use it. And just like before, he berated me for going to /them/, and told me that he'd just have to instruct me further. He then rubbed the pads of my fingers until warts started appearing on them. He bit them, sending shockwaves of pain down my arm and into my shoulder, and began to spread into my neck. I threw my head back and screamed, and then everything was dark again.

I found myself in the treehouse classroom again. The other classmates (including Paige, whom I didn't pay much attention to) were a bit wary, but eventually welcomed me back. And I went through another slough of training which was kind of just glossed over, but throughout, my despair and longing to go home only grew. Then that fateful moment when I lifted a ceiling pane again to stare at the blue sky again....I discovered I could fly, almost as if I had wings, but I didn't. Careful, I figured that nobody could know this. It explained why I'd done so well on the long jumps and falling exercises. But the headmaster already knew.

Skipping, skipping, blurred stuff I don't remember...

I had had enough, so one day, without anybody else around, I leapt out the corner window and went right, through the tangle of branches and over towards the porch classroom. I got there and flew through. My view shifted suddenly to the Burniece's view. Her cylinder was now so full that she was treading water in order to stay afloat. When I flew through, I flew through the cylinder and broke it, draining the liquid and releasing the girl, while taking another student to "safety". The teacher (an older, stern-looking lady who looked like an older, more wrinkly version of Kathy Thompson) looked shocked and appalled, and asked what was going on. Burniece said, "It's a <adjective (I can't remember if it was 'good' or 'bad')> thing to be taken by /her/." And by the way the other kids nodded and murmured affirmatively, I knew they all knew something.

After I'd dropped off the other kid, I found myself flying over a U-Haul place. My point of view then shifted from me to the evil headmaster and some other sidekick or whatever. The headmaster was nodding and saying, "She won't be getting away with this. Her time out is over." The sidekick says, "But how will you get her back?" The headmaster says, "Her landing won't be soft." And as he said that, he waved his fingers, his palm facing down. At the same time, I regain my POV. I'm flying over a dump truck filled with straw in the same UHaul place, and the surface of it begins to ripple. I didn't notice of course, but I /did/ notice that I was starting to descend without meaning to. I flipped over and saw the dump truck still rippling, and I knew that the headmaster was more powerful than I'd taken him to be. I crashed on my shoulder, and then woke up.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”