What do Cantrians do in the real world?

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

joo

Re: What do Cantrians do in the real world?

Postby joo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:43 am

Woah, sudden influx of active new players.
n0p0etry

Postby n0p0etry » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:30 pm

joo wrote:Woah, sudden influx of active new players.

*looks back and forth* What? Where?
joo

Postby joo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:08 pm

*Points at n0p0etry* Right there.
FrankieLeonie

Postby FrankieLeonie » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Interesting to learn more about all you people :)

I am a 30 yr old living in Minneapolis MN. I work for a software company that writes Call-Center Applications. My role is on the deployment/troubleshooting side of things, but I am really a jack of all trades type.

I spend most of my outside Cantr time riding my bicycle, being involved in politics (Democratic Party), getting high and drunk and playing strategy board games (Catan, Puerto Rico, Steam).

I first played Cantr about 5 years ago and had to quit when my first character was killed and I realized I was to emotionally attached. I have been back for just over a year. I have a handful of friends who play and one of my favorite things is to talk and laugh about all the great things going on in game. I keep trying to get them to pay attention to the forums.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Doug R. wrote:I'm not sure how your Father can realistically expect you to maintain your current level of scholastic achievement and play Cantr at the same time.

I did AP classes too, along with Track and Cross Country, and before school seminary. I'm not sure how sleep happened (a little during school and on the weekends), and I wasn't the most successful, but I got though.

Also, I find being a Marketing Staff member to be valuable experience for me, since at this age I don't have much, and I'm going into website stuff.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 am

I'm 21 and a senior in college. I study psychology, and I'm supposed to go to grad school next year. However, I'm an only child and my mom and dad (who decided to move halfway across the country to a state where we don't have family and then later decided to get divorced) apparently don't know how to live without me. So since there's only one school in the state that I live in that has an Experimental Psychology graduate program and its highly selective, I'm either going to have to figure out how I'm going to get in there or I'm going to apply to some online programs in library science. Maybe I'll get around to becoming a psychologist after I have kids and they're grown up.

Anyway, this is the first school year since I turned 16 that I don't have to have a job. I'm enjoying it so far because I actually have time for friends and for myself during the week. I also just started taking a Taekwondo class for course credit. I'm really enjoying it, and I try to stay and train as long as I can.

Since I live in the butthole of America, weekends are somewhat boring. I drive back to my hometown which is only about 45 minutes away. I've been watching a lot of football with my dad and boyfriend (which they find a lot more interesting than I do.) Then for the rest of the weekend I usually just hang out with my boyfriend and his friends. We usually smoke weed and find something to watch on tv. But the bright side is I have plenty of time to play Cantr and a few other games that I recently picked back up. My boyfriend and I also try to go to church on Sundays, but we've kinda been slacking off the past few weeks. So, yeah. There's my life in a nutshell.
phoenixannwn

Postby phoenixannwn » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 am

I'm 18 and am returning to Cantr. I have a boyfriend, a computer, two kittens, an Xbox, my own place, and way too much time on my hands.
I hate my job (it's fast food, so duh) I'm working toward college and I'm at that point in my life that what I want to do with it has changed so much there's no telling where I'll end up. I love food, studying Wicca, reading.
What I've always known I really wanted to do was the housewife gig--big house in the semi-country (close to town, but acres of land and I can skinnydip in my backyard) kids, spouse, the whole nine. Until then, I need to pay bills, so I'm looking at book editing for now. I'll decide when I go to college next year. I've always been great at English (daughter of an English teacher) and before my bipolar hit and wrecked things big, I had good grades and was doing Duke TIP, gifted programs, that sort of thing.
I don't know who I am and have no interest in searching it out. I figure it'll come to me sooner or later.
I love marlboro reds and burgers from Suttons and generally not caring about my health. I figure that's what youth is for--there's no way I'm getting old and regretting not doing all the things I could have done/eaten/tried. But I don't eat vegetables (it's a texture issue) or fruits or shellfish, I'm always cold, and I'm very blunt. I make friends easy, but keeping them is hard because I have a habit coming across crazy people.
I suppose it's cause I'm a little crazy myself.
^.^
[And wow, this came across like a personals...and I feel egotistical]
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”