Bye-ish

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

formerly known as hf

Bye-ish

Postby formerly known as hf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:44 pm

I wasn't going to say anything, but I noticed an email that I recieved a couple of weeks ago, closing my account - and I realised I hadn't even noticed, and probably wouldn't.

My last character, Jeremiah, died a while ago. He was my sole character for ages after the rest died off one by one, and I never started a new character. At the time, I was still popping by these forums and occasionaly posting. But, when I saw that email, I realised it'd been ages since I dropped by here.

Which is a shame. I used to love these forums, good atmosphere, clever, funny people. Not sure if it's me who has changed or the people here. Probably the people, this place hasn't been anything like it used to be for quite some time. I do miss the old lot, you know who you are, and know who the others are who aren't here anymore were.

I don't think I've ever listed my characters before. Some may have noticed though. I was never truly into Cantr for the RP - I'm not the best roleplayer and will be the first to admit that. I loved Cantr for that wide view - personal stories (which we all have) playing out over continental scales and hundreds of years. It's been a great thing to be a small part of. So for those who may remember, here are some of my more memorable characters:

Suzie Flaubert
Croq Mort
Lucinda D'Lorreanne
Foo Foo
Jeremiah Alshott

In anycase, I'm now out of the game, and am drifting away from the forums. This may well change - I've seen how often people post goodbye messages and then return.

(No doubt when I'm in Ukraine for the next 6 months on the PhD fieldwork I'll probably come back to Cantr and this message will have been the sicophantic nonsense it seemed like when I originally decided not to ever post anything like this.)

I never really got to know anyone here outside of these forums or the game, like many people here seemed to have done over the years - I'm not one for keeping interweb friends (you can't go down the pub with them). Neverthelss, I have really enjoyed these forums in the past and am still yet to find somewhere with quite the same atmosphere this place used to have. In the real world, the idiots are winning, and the internet is their staging grounds. It was nice to find a pool of wit and sense amongst that.

So this is me taking the chance to say 'laters' just in case I do never drift back into Cantr.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
nitefyre

Re: Bye-ish

Postby nitefyre » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 am

take it from someone who has been there, done that, you're absolutely right--once part of the cantr family, impossible to be disowned.

have a good sojourn away
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:49 am

'twas a pleasure to work with ya, Nick. I know exactly what you mean and I don't think you'll be the last to take the Cantr sabbatical (mine was a good 18-24 months).

Good luck for the future!
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Been there, done that and got the scars from it. Take care and see you around. :)
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:53 am

Yes...same here....I am on my fourth run actually.

Not sure what the longest period of time was, but yeah...once addicted, it never goes away!
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 am

Bye bye, Nick.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Take care of yourself and good luck.
My old banner ;)

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”