The Last Ten Years

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

The Candy Man

The Last Ten Years

Postby The Candy Man » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:06 pm

So the new year is comming and with it ten years gone. What was your fav or not fav things that happened good or bad in your life or the world in general.
The Candy Man

Postby The Candy Man » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:11 pm

So i'l go first, I watch the news a lot when I am bored and well I have seen less and less news and more just random crap that doesnt matter in the least. The world is going to hell the country is going to hell and every one is freaking out one way or another about all this. Yet nothing on the news. Nothing about the IRA is back nothing about Russia being Russia.

And thats just the last 6 months!
Litchin_flip

Postby Litchin_flip » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Well you know, it can really go any way, some good, some bad. I've watched good friends go to jail for being stupid, gotten locked up a few times myself. At the same time, I've seen good friends and family get ahead in life, get good jobs, etc. I personally haven't done much with my life, every time I get on my feet I self destruct and it all comes down around me.
So, good and bad.
SIMMONS--SNOWWIS--hmmm interesting don't you think
The Candy Man

Postby The Candy Man » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Yea jail sucks but I liked Bfast pretty much..Good shit. Lets see for me personly. I have gotten banned from this game for leaving this game..That was funny had MODs give me personal player rules that were insane, thats game shit.

Lets see went to jail for a month untill the cops found out I really was taking Bong hits in the east villiage thank you YouTube! Dated way to many crazy chicks, Went to way to many Bars for my own good saw freinds do terrible things to them selves..AKA Junk in the veins. Had eight diffrent freinds at diffrent times die in Both wars. Lost a child before he was born lost the girl to a prick..now sleeping with girl again thats a good thing I guess. And in all life was insane but I can not cook very well something ten years ago I could not and I now know how to build houses something I didnt know to do 2 years ago.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Well, this is pretty much my whole life story starting from 2000.

I was pretty lonely and got depressed, although I was probably already depressed in the end of the 90s. I've been trying to find my place. Summer of 2000 was the confirmation camp, before that was a questionnaire about what we expected from the camp and I was the only one who checked the box "expecting to find faith" or something like that. Well I didn't quite find it. I was disappointed, I was hoping for some sort of a religious relevation and it never came. During the camp the youth instructors went to pray together after evenning mass and said anybody is welcome to join them, but when the others went straight to our cabin to play cards, I went with them, I didn't want to stand out as a weirdo because I was already different enough. My best friend was sleeping in the same cabin as me, as well as two other girls. Originally the two worst bullies from my class were going to the same camp but they switched to another camp. I'm glad they did. I think there were only 6 girls on the whole camp and all the rest were guys. Someone asked for my autograph in a sort of a yearbook on the last day when we were going home.

2001 we were supposed to know what we want to do with the rest of our lives. I wanted to work in a library, so originally I should've gone to commercial college but my best friend was going to upper secondary school so I applied there because I didn't want to be alone. We ended up on different classes and she made new friends. My class didn't have very good team spirit, there were some weirdos and mostly people who didn't stand out as having a particular personality. I think I can only remember the name of one of my classmates at the moment. One of the best things in upper secondary school was French class, even though I wasn't good at it but it was a very small group. My English teacher was weird but funny. She tried to teach me to look people in the eyes. The only difficult part about English class was that I was better than all the other students so when we had to practice things as pairs, I always ended up with someone who didn't know most of the words.

I was talking to a psychiatric nurse weekly during the three years of upper secondary school. I had ten years worth of bullying to process so it took a long time. I hadn't had a proper mental puberty because it didn't feel safe to rebel against my parents when home was more of a safe place than school, so I only became a teenager when I was already 18. I found my first love online, was too clingy and blew it, got obsessed with getting him back and ended up in a mental hospital for 6 weeks. That was actually a good experience. I could do things like puzzles, knitting and crocheting, talking to people, painting, watching a lot of TV and helping with arranging the evening snack. It gave me a chance to notice I can survive without my parents. The most difficult part was limited online time. I used to play a CHARP and had my own FARP but had to take a break from both of them, when I think I was only allowed to go online an hour a week and that was only enough to reply to emails and delete hundreds of spam messages.

I graduated at the same time with the rest of the class even though my nurse at the hospital didn't think I'd be up to it. My English teacher recommended that I should apply for translator training. The test was pretty challenging and I didn't do too well although I did get invited to an interview. That didn't go too well either. When the final results came, I think I was on place 30-something on the waiting list, which meant that in order to get in, everybody who got selected and a whole class full of second options would've had to decline before I'd gotten in. I applied for two folk high schools, the first one didn't receive enough applications that year to start a class but I got into the second one, to study art. I had fun there but I was mostly working alone in the afternoon after the others had gone home or to the dorm, I stayed up all night in the computer class and slept past noon. I could've done better but still, it was the best year of my life. The class was roughly divided into the smokers and the non-smokers, I was in the smokers and managed to chat with people even though I didn't make close friends with anyone. Also there was this one guy who sometimes showed up at the computer class, I think he was studying either Finnish or English and he was a total nerd. He introduced me to stuff like wikipedia, Flash cartoons and the dance pad. (Btw I just got a dance pad for Christmas, after 4-5 years of waiting :D) Then there was this other guy who sometimes asked me for company when he went smoking if he couldn't find anyone else, and he talked about his own stuff while I mainly listened, but I liked having some company. At the end of the semester was a trip to London, which was my first time abroad, and it was quite an experience. There's a topic about it somewhere here on the forums. As some might remember, most of the time I spent in the downstairs of a Burger King, playing Cantr XD The last night I hooked up with a stranger for sex and that was a bit of a shocking experience but at least I didn't get an STD or end up pregnant. I haven't had real sex ever since.

I got interested in the job of a bio analyst although it would generally involve taking blood tests, so it's probably good that I didn't get selected. I still remember some of the stuff from the book I was required to study for the exams. I took an exam in two different towns and applied for three different schools but didn't have enough of a score to get into any of them. According to the psychological test, my stress handling skill wasn't developed enough, which was probably true. I remember the test asking to write down if something not related to the test was troubling me that day and I wrote about how my character's boyfriend had just gotten kidnapped by pirates. The fourth program I applied for was software engineering and I think I got the fourth highest score in the entrance exam, so I got in easily (although everybody who was qualified got in, they had so little applicants). In the beginning I did well but I was staying up too late, mostly playing Cantr and chatting with people so I couldn't get out of bed in the mornings. I was skipping a lot of class, dropping courses and finally when others were doing their final year projects, I didn't even have half the necessary credits and some of the courses I'd dropped weren't arranged anymore. Eventually I dropped out. I was lead to believe I could get unemployment benefit easily, but since I was under 25 and not ill enough to explain failing at my studies, I had to go to social services for money. Fortunately that worked out.

Since I had been working as a dishwasher for a couple of summers, I felt like I could do more on the restaurant field, so first I applied for adult education, but didn't get selected to continue after the two weeks evaluation period, so then I applied for college with my high school papers and got in. Later it turned out that I wouldn't have been actually qualified since I had a certificate from upper secondary school, but since I had already been studying for months and no one had challenged my enrollment, the school is not going to kick me out. I think I was doing pretty good although 3/4 of the grades I got this semester were bad, but I don't think I was all that bad. Maybe it's because I didn't mark down all the tasks I finished and because I was absent several times.
Not-so-sad panda
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:40 pm

Wow, Seko! You've had a very interesting life. Despite or even including the hardships, I'm sorta jealous.

Well, the first five years of 2000, I was in school. I remember it going from 1999 to 2000 and thinking just a few years before that I'd be millions of years old. I pretty much got fucked with up until my sophomore year of high-school. I graduated in 05 so that means I started in 01.

But I'm jumping ahead, 2000 started and I was in Junior-high. This was only two years (7th - 8th grade) and went by quickly. I remember getting on the honor roll several times just to show my family it was possible for me to do this. However, putting such effort into something I deemed meaningless quickly became a chore. It was for their sake so that in high school they'd leave me alone, so I thought. Generally these two years had left overs of bulling from elementary school but my general behavior toward people was already changing.

9th grade of high school, and all of high school, was brilliant. This was before I knew how good at words I was. PEOPLE LOVED ME, although 99% of them I just couldn't tolerate. I've always been good with people, but never knew why. It's the manner which I speak, so it seems. Basically, this first year I was still a bit timid but slowly my shell broke itself down (though I'm still unsure around new people and tend to keep my mouth shut to "avoid trouble").

Got into a LOT of fights during high school. Mostly my senior year, due to just not wanting to deal with people's shit. It turns out the quicker you are to knock someone in the face the less likely other people are to tempt how quick you are at this.

Had myself a little enterprise during high school, as well. I believe it was my 11th grade year that I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh (already dabbled in playing Magic The Gathering... yes I'm a nerd.) and it was this year that my "business" took off. See, I had myself a little group of people which wanted money and because of the way I "deal out change", I had money. My high school really was like a self run metropolis except on much smaller scale. You had a bit of everything and I had my hand in everything, except drugs and girls. The later being I find the practice horrid and degrading to human nature as awhole, the former being that it's too difficult unless playing "middle man" to avoid getting caught. That guy basically connects buyer with seller and gets a cut, finders fee etc.

Anyway, it was at this time that I found out that not only is my ethical understanding of the world extremely scewed but that I don't give a fuck. People are stupid, will buy anything at any price just for convinces and will bend over and take your shit if they think you can do something unpleasant to them. Short, starting end of my 10th grade year... I became the bully.

Senior year would have been 100% better if I wasn't dense! You know how many girls used to hit on me and I ignored it or disregarded it? Fk! X| Why did I do this? Mostly because I'd not fully matured yet, that happened just a couple months before graduation and at that time I just didn't feel like bothering (I was ate bloomer, is my meaning, and then I didn't wanna bother with the headache.).

Also during this time I started work my 11th grade year. I was working at a Publix (Which is a chain of grocery stores in the southeastern US) and was working with people. I worked there for 2 years, accidentally hitting on girls and making 1/2 arsy friendships that were destroyed the second I told people how I honestly felt about them. I was terminated not long after I graduated high school due to excessive tardies and absentism. I had a lot of family crap going on at home with people trying to help me decide my future. It was my grandparents trying to undermind mudder while "knowing what's best". Basically it made me not want to bother with the present, let alone my "future".

Never was one for giving a shit, this caused problems. So after I was terminated I job hopped for about a year then generally gave up. I've been unemployed and doing nothing sense then. Halo2 was good company until I lost internet in my room. Then I just played Morrowind 3 times (That's 300+ HOURS of play time, people. Probably more if you count just dicking around the areas not actually doing anything. Lets just say I played the game for a year or two as I recycled my other games to get new ones.) I miss playing Halo2 even though it was a crappy bug riddled game. I had good people on my friend-list and we used to well troll, technically, slayer matches. De-level, player kill each other and then smack people around quickly (but not letting our own team catch up) before getting booted from the game or quitting.

During ALL OF THIS (start to here), my sibling (3 years younger) was trying to get her life set up and have a future. Sibling was the prospect of my family and I the leach/fuck-up/whatever. She made honor roll ever sense she was in the third grade and played sports (mostly to loose all her fat as she was a big girl). All this went to her head, though, and she soon started thinking she was better then everyone around her. Attitude lead to her eventually leaving home while stiffing mudder with 20k in school bills. That last bit was a bit more recent. Now, despite all the above fail, I am the favorite of the two. Why is this? Because I don't lie and see no point to it.

On a more recent note, as of last October stuff has started moving forward. It was at this time that I got my internet back and then in March or so, I got my own PC. Despite not working I now have stuff to keep me busy that is challenging to my brain which isn't video-games. I've a dog which I take care good care of and a loving girlfriend. Although the latter is difficult with it being long distance and the fact that I'm detached from myself so getting attached to people is difficult. My attachment issue is why I'm not only allowed to sit back here and do as I do but it is encouraged. If I get to detached from myself or other people, I start caring less about the results of my actions and do things like... break the law and/or hurt people for no reason or gain.

I've also met a lot of cool people within those 10 years but don't speak to most of them. I'm very out-of-sight-out-of-mind about people and places. But my friends don't expect much from me, anyway, so no matter. HA! You should hear the "Uh... <name>, why are you calling? Did someone die?"when I call people out of the blue. XD
Mack

Postby Mack » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:03 am

Well I guess I'll post mine on here too....

I brought in the year 2000 with my girlfriend at the time, Kim. She had a little boy who started to call me dad, no matter what I did. I have a soft spots for kids. I ended up taking him under my wing. He became my son. But we were living on welfare, and I couldn't stand all the piddly ass jobs that I was taking. So I went to my worker and asked if they had any courses I could take to get my Class 1 drivers license to become a truck driver. My dad was a trucker and I'd been on the road with him most of my life, I knew I could do the job. The worker told me of a course but I had to be 21. I talked to the course instructor. Told them I'd be 21 before Graduation of the three month course. I was allowed in. Started trucking in the summer of 2000. I was driving for a guy only 2 years older than me. He had his own truck. He started to steal money from me and couldn't be bothered to listen when I'd give him advice on how to keep his truck running right. What did I know right. So in the fall I quit. Started to work for another company when My dad called me up and asked me to run team with him. This was great. Lasted a few years too. Then My girl friend told me she was pregnant. I was very happy. Started to make plans. I had to go on the road the day after she told me. But I came home in a week. Only to find out that she was pregnant with someone else's child. She'd been cheating since I started trucking. I kicked her out of the house. Later she found ways of preventing me from seeing my son. I still have not seen him in over 6 years. but he is still my son.

Later I started a few odd jobs. I felt trucking would only make me cold towards women. I met one who was very dependant on me to make all the decisions. So that ended after a year. Then I started to date my Ex, Kim's former best friend. She had two daughters ( No Dudel I don't have a fetish for mothers lol) and I started to drive truck again. Things were going good. I was making good money, and had a family and my best friend was also my partner. Her and I were planning on getting married. March 18, 2006 I was in Michigan USA about 2 hrs from the Canadian border when I got a call. My mother was in the hospital. They didn't think she'd make it through the night. I called the company I worked for and they arranged a flight home for my from Toronto Canada. I raced there as fast as I could. The company paid for a cab for me to the airport. As I arrived at the airport I got the call. My mom had died. It was March 19th. I raced home, and found my family was all falling apart from the loss. I chose to be strong. The rock for them to depend on. I did everything I could for them.
In May I found out that my dad had a girlfriend. I was pissed at first, but realized he was 63 years old and had a right to be happy. and he was. Oddly enough, I kept running in to him on the road. I was going to be married on July 8, 2006 and he helped out with the money. So did his girlfriend. He was so happy. On June 28, 2006 My dad came home from the road, and had a stroke in his house. No one could get a hold of him, and that's not unusual. But by that evening, things got me worried. My dad was found on his bathroom floor. Still alive. Over the next couple of days he showed signs of progress. Things were looking better. Then he had another stroke. He died July 1, 2006. 3 1/2 months after my mother. Again. . . I had to be the rock. I did all I could. And on July 8, 2006 I was married, with out my parents there.
Soon I left the company I worked for to work for the company my dad had worked for for 21 years. Maybe because I never got the chance to mourn him I thought it would help. It didn't.
On Oct 20, 2006 my daughter was born. We named her after my grandmothers. March of 2007 one of my grandmothers (Not a name sake I'm adopted and this was my biological grandma) passed away. My and my family drover 23 hours to her service. June 13, 2008. Had another daughter. Now I have 4 girls ...Love them to death!
Things were good for the next year. Rough spots here and there but we managed. Oct 2008 My wife tells me she is leaving. Found out later that she had already leased a house. This all came out of the blue. We decided to see other people. This was fine. My wife had grown cold and mean. However, she also wouldn't let go of me. By March of 2009 she was going to move back and we were going to put things back together (She got on meds for a personality disorder) and I found out that the woman I was seening....was pregnant. Her and I couldn't be together though. So time moved on. My wife stopped taking her pills when she moved back and talking to her was like trying to tell Dudel he's wrong (Not trying to pick on you dudel lol). So telling her about the baby was out. The mother of this child was determined to terminate the baby no matter what I said. But she couldn't do it, and time ran out on that front. Tried to talk to my wife numerous times about it. But after the initial "lets talk" she'd freak out so I never told her. *sighs* August of 2009. Wife tells me she wants a divorce. Later found out that while we were seeing other people, she was seeing her ex boyfriend and never stopped. She left me for him. But she also came back...then left, then wanted to work on things, then just wanted to sleep around and so on. I finally put an end to all of that.
Now...Christmas 2009. I have my 4 daughters for Christmas, which is great. But the ex wife is off with her boyfriend at his moms farm and the kids are mad...she didn't even call to wish them a merry christmas. 2010 is coming soon. Although there was some good in the last 10 years (Mainly my daughters births) I think the powers that be owe me a good year....so spit it up lol.

Edit: Oh forgot this part....Oct 29, 2009 at 2:41 pm The baby was born. Nov. 6 2009 I found out he was born when I was served with an Adoption notice. Yup...fucked up
I'm not an evil Vindictive genius. I just like to help Karma along some times.
Mack

Postby Mack » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:27 am

Oh c'mon someone has to post theres now. . . you can't let my post end the thread, damn that sucks
I'm not an evil Vindictive genius. I just like to help Karma along some times.
chase02

Postby chase02 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:44 am

Good: Knowing that the last 15 years (Okay, it's more than ten, I'm cheating) of dabbling in various areas - programming, graphics, marketing, video, philosophy, art - have culminated in the realisation of exactly what I want to do - turn my dreams into reality (with reveries). Getting the job of my dreams and realising an actual career path to a very specialised career in one of the most remote cities in the world. Enjoying a wildly varied selection of amazing music. Shaking hands with Duvdev of Infected Mushroom, surviving the mosh pit full of men and having one of the best nights of my life. :P

Bad: Having to do it all on my own and only just managing to juggle many many things (family/horse/dog/job/reveries). Plenty of migraines. Losing the foal I'd been planning for seven years (and >$5000 money on) with no explanation other than "that's life".
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Probably the best thing in mental hospital was that I could sell my paintings to other patients, although trading was actually against the rules but even if the nurses knew, they wouldn't mind. I asked them to buy me chocolate bars and pudding. I got several chocolate bars for a painting, and about half a dozen cups of chocolate pudding for another one. The last time I sold a painting I got money for it, maybe 2 or 4 euros, since the buyer hadn't had time to go to the store, but it was much more fun when I got the chocolate bars and puddings.
Not-so-sad panda
joo

Postby joo » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 pm

SekoETC wrote:Probably the best thing in mental hospital was that I could sell my paintings to other patients, although trading was actually against the rules but even if the nurses knew, they wouldn't mind. I asked them to buy me chocolate bars and pudding. I got several chocolate bars for a painting, and about half a dozen cups of chocolate pudding for another one. The last time I sold a painting I got money for it, maybe 2 or 4 euros, since the buyer hadn't had time to go to the store, but it was much more fun when I got the chocolate bars and puddings.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”