Interactive Fiction

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

toon

Postby toon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:14 am

Oh well...
chase02

Postby chase02 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:41 am

Rob, I'm very very interested in this topic. Reveries scope has kind of morphed into a sprawling, MMO interactive fiction (actually a kind of non-fiction, as it is a living history of a world). With a web of butterfly effect triggers.

Basically, Rev will be generating a massive novel, automatically, as everyone plays.

If you want to have a chat sometime, drop me a line: admin@reveri.es
Oob

Re: Interactive Fiction

Postby Oob » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 pm

For anyone interested in interactive fiction (like me!) the IF Summit 2010 at PAX-East was the IF event of the year! :wink:
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:44 am

This is actually something I have been considering pursuing as my second (on the side) attempt at coding.

The problem I have had with these types of games (I have only tried two) is that there was NO explanation really on what to do. Maybe I chose the wrong ones to start with (cannot even remember their names) but they did manage to turn me off for quite a while.

Anyways, I already have a UI kinda set up that would give you a list of options to choose from based on circumstances, although it needs some heavy work (quite buggy but fixable) and all in all, quite a learning experience.
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:41 am

There is a lot of IF out there that can be hard to grasp, as it's basically submitted by different members worldwide with their own goals and experience level. The Dreamhold is a great tutorial game.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”