Introduction Thread

General chitchat, advertisements for other services, and other non-Cantr-related topics

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Players Department Trainee

User avatar
Ahrta
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Ahrta » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:28 pm

Welcome welcome!
MonkeyPants4736
Posts: 314
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:09 pm

I've seen that your character(s) are enthusiastic and well RPed, Akulli, and was genuinely surprised when a minor thing happened that revealed you were a new player. You already seem like a pro :)
User avatar
Rebma
Posts: 2897
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:47 am
Location: London, ON
Contact:

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Rebma » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:25 pm

MonkeyPants4736 wrote:I've seen that your character(s) are enthusiastic and well RPed, Akulli, and was genuinely surprised when a minor thing happened that revealed you were a new player. You already seem like a pro :)

If it's who I think, so much this.
Welcome.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Akulli
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Akulli » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:37 am

Rebma wrote:
MonkeyPants4736 wrote:I've seen that your character(s) are enthusiastic and well RPed, Akulli, and was genuinely surprised when a minor thing happened that revealed you were a new player. You already seem like a pro :)

If it's who I think, so much this.
Welcome.


Thank you guys, that really means a lot to me! I did have a few hiccups, like thinking I needed a backstory for her among other things. But I think I've just about got the hang of it now!
User avatar
MattWithoos
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:51 am
Skype: matt.vithaus
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby MattWithoos » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:39 am

Welcome to the game! The compliments from those people shouldn't be taken lightly, I personally consider them to be amongst the best RPers/simmers in the game. :)

Impressive they figured you out, though! You must be really good! :lol:
Akulli
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Akulli » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:44 pm

MattWithoos wrote:Welcome to the game! The compliments from those people shouldn't be taken lightly, I personally consider them to be amongst the best RPers/simmers in the game. :)

Impressive they figured you out, though! You must be really good! :lol:



Well, sometimes I worry about the amount of typos I find myself doing. Half the time I get to play, I have to do it on my phone and it does some weird things... I need a new phone for sure. With that being said, I hope I get to interact with a lot more people. I didn't realize how much fun Cantr was going to be when I first started, and I may have become slightly addicted lol
User avatar
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor
Posts: 1154
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:28 pm
Location: Neverland

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Genie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Welcome to the most green grass of the universe, Akulli.
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
User avatar
Ahrta
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Ahrta » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:49 pm

One of us, one of usssss, one of ussss muahahahahahahahahaaaaa *cough, cough wheeeze*

Good to have ya!

Been a pleasure so far
User avatar
the_antisocial_hermit
Posts: 3675
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:04 pm
Location: Hollow.
Contact:

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:56 pm

Welcome and don't worry about typos!
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
User avatar
Mafia Salad
Posts: 830
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:53 am

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Mafia Salad » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 am

Welcome, met your namesake with one of mine and enjoyed interacting with her. Definitely don't worry too much about the typos, it happens to 99% of us. As long as it isn't jumbled too much for a non native speaker to figure out you can pretend it never happened and everyone else will too. Or if it's too weird (blast you autocorrect!) then you get to recover with a think on your toes RP moment.

Learning the game can be hilariously awkward at times. I recall shortly after I started I poked an animal with one of my characters, thought it was funny so I went to poke a person and slapped them in the face. :lol: :oops: :lol: There is something special in being surprised by learning something new in the game that you only get to experience so many times.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Akulli
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Akulli » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:40 am

Mafia Salad wrote:Welcome, met your namesake with one of mine and enjoyed interacting with her. Definitely don't worry too much about the typos, it happens to 99% of us. As long as it isn't jumbled too much for a non native speaker to figure out you can pretend it never happened and everyone else will too. Or if it's too weird (blast you autocorrect!) then you get to recover with a think on your toes RP moment.

Learning the game can be hilariously awkward at times. I recall shortly after I started I poked an animal with one of my characters, thought it was funny so I went to poke a person and slapped them in the face. :lol: :oops: :lol: There is something special in being surprised by learning something new in the game that you only get to experience so many times.



Slapping someone in the face... I, uh, I definitely haven't done that by accident either... nope... :oops:
User avatar
muidoido
RD/PR - LO/LD (Portuguese)
Posts: 1595
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 10:00 pm
Location: Brasil
Contact:

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby muidoido » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:44 am

I slapped Puddle Duck in the face. In the middle of Baaak. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Soooooo embarrassing!
Yuna
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:10 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Yuna » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:43 am

Newbie here! I'm Yuna! Way overly enthusiastic and hyper and my characters are definitely following that lead... I've been playing for like a month... I love it too much.
User avatar
EchoMan
Posts: 7767
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:01 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby EchoMan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:51 pm

To get back to the original essence of the topic:

Hi, I'm Echoman, and I'm a Cantroholic. Quitting is easy! I have done it twice. Seriously...

:lol:
User avatar
Estaar
PD Member/PR Translator (Fr,De)
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:23 am
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby Estaar » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:40 am

Same here. And happy to be back :)
Stranger in a strange land.

Return to “Non-Cantr-Related Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests