Players Department Request

Buiten-karakter discussielijst voor Nederlandstalige spelers.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

cantrlady

Players Department Request

Postby cantrlady » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:46 pm

Fellow Cantrians,

Diversification in Cantr is an utmost priority to us here at the Player’s Department (PD). We’re looking for dedicated individuals with foreign language skills to help us sift through email, investigate cases and do all the exciting things that we do at the PD. The more accessible we are, with members who can communicate in the languages of Cantr, the better we can serve the Cantr community. If you are interested in devoting some time with us, please fill out an application for the PD or contact us with questions at personnel@cantr.net . Nevertheless, fluency in English is required for all Staff Members.

Sincerely,
Sarah Collins
Players Department Chairman
Pieter de Groote

Postby Pieter de Groote » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:13 pm

I think being a PD member and a player should never be combined. Maybe I'll fill out an application for the PD when I stop playing characters in the Dutch area.
cantrlady

Postby cantrlady » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:20 am

But you have to have an account to access the database I believe and we never take cases that involves one of our own characters.
Pieter de Groote

Postby Pieter de Groote » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:25 am

'Own characters' is not the issue.
The issue is that as a player and PD member in the Dutch area you will definately get OOC information that is relevant for decisions your characters will face.

I know many people don't object and (say that they) believe that OOC information doesn't influence IC decisions. I sure don't believe humans are capable of that.
Using dice will work for decisions with a limited set of options, but for most decisions it's unavoidable to use OOC information.
cantrlady

Postby cantrlady » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:36 am

Well once someone joins they would see we do it everyday....not use the information we have to take advantage.
Avathar

Postby Avathar » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:02 pm

Sorry, I don't have time for this, playing Cantr only takes too much of my time allready...

Besides, I wouldn't want it, for the same reason Pieter de Groote gave.
Schaduwen zijn er om in te wandelen
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:49 am

Pieter de Groote wrote:I think being a PD member and a player should never be combined. Maybe I'll fill out an application for the PD when I stop playing characters in the Dutch area.

Who would like to work in any department without taking part in the game?
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
Pieter de Groote

Postby Pieter de Groote » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:15 am

Maybe people that are fed up with the average playing style, but intrigued by the game ideas and mechanism?
wietse

Postby wietse » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:27 pm

I think I will only make people angry if i join a development department....
I would suggest all kind of changes, of which i am sure some developers dont agree with... (like Jos....)
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:41 am

wietse wrote:I think I will only make people angry if i join a development department....
I would suggest all kind of changes, of which i am sure some developers dont agree with... (like Jos....)

That's player departement not programming departement.

Return to “Nederlandse Spelers (Dutch)”