A new girl looking for a little help :)

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Ramsey

A new girl looking for a little help :)

Postby Ramsey » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:18 pm

Hi there! just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm hoping This game will be something I'll want to keep coming back to.

If there is any advice anyone could give me I would surely appreciate it.

Hope to meet everyone soon!

Thanks!
Don't do anything I would'nt do...and if you do, Take Pictures! *winks*

Sex is like a box of chocolates...tasting each one until you get to the one you want to eat.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:25 pm

I'd say your sig sums up good advice :lol:

Well, if you want longevity, then just keep your chars out of trouble, if you want excitement, the don't. Just try not to do the cliche "steal everything in sight" or "hit everyone in sight" type of deal, it's annoying and then I'd have to shout at you. ^^;
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
creepyguyinblack

Postby creepyguyinblack » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:25 pm

Read notes carefully and don't grab random things, if you hold the mouse over most buttons, info will pop up.
Solfius

Re: A new girl looking for a little help :)

Postby Solfius » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:26 pm

Ramsey wrote: I'm hoping This game will be something I'll want to keep coming back to.

So are we ;)

As far as advice goes: read the notes on the ground, they tend to have important stuff on them, and in some pleaces reading the notes about laws can be a lifesaver, literally.

Also, first thing you should try to do with characters is get food so they don't starve.

Other than that, be active, ask questions, experiment, and stick with it ;)
The Lurker

Postby The Lurker » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:56 pm

If someone offers you power and wealth, do what they say. They are not trying to manipulate you. :twisted:
"There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued."

Thomas H. Huxley
sammigurl61190

Postby sammigurl61190 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:39 am

LMAO Yeah, right.

My first, and probably most obvious advice, is don't listen to Last Laugh. :D

Secondly, you will get addicted to Cantr like every other person on these forums.

Thirdly, don't do anything screwy in Ladavictavoi. LOL

Oh, and welcome to the forums! They're a lot of fun. Just don't piss Thomas off. LOL
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:24 am

Hi and welcome to the game and forums. :)

Advice:

Wherever you spawn... always introduce yourself. Do not pick up notes without replacing them real soon. Do not pick up objects and log off or leave town with them... Not following these 3 advices 3 things will get you killed in some places.

Also, in some places, like those with iron or other rare resources, ask upon introducing yourself, if you can collect those resources. Some people are pretty paranoid.

Read the game explenation and make sure you break the Capital Rule. ( the CR. that means "do not have any of your players coorporate to gain advantage for them. Also, no more then 2 players in the same area.

And be sure to have some food in your inventory before you go travelling. My first char. died because he got lost without any food in his inventory. :oops:

And last.... Have fun... Like the rest of us. This game never ceases to amaze me. :D

Oh... and where should i send my pictures to? I dont know what you wouldnt do, but I'm sure ive done it. :wink:
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
Thomas Pickert
Programmer Emeritus

Postby Thomas Pickert » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:06 pm

Just to clear it up...

Orion was trying reverse psychology for the first time now. What he really asked you to do, was not to break the Capital Rule. ;)
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:34 pm

I also think he meant to say characters and not players unless he is a character that got out of the game and is now acting as a player so he can help overthrow us players and have the characters take over. Remember my Matrix theory for Cantr.
Ramsey

WOW, thanx!

Postby Ramsey » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:10 pm

I just wanted to say thanks for making me feel welcome and for all the great advice so far......even the reverse psychology... :P

I know this question is going to sound insane, but, how do I get food? I've been at this for 2 days and i'm a bit discomboobalate ie: confused...lol

Also, why can I not move more than once? I tried moving from blaman, and I couldnt make more than one move? *scratches her head* confused yet again! hehe...

Help!! hehe.....*flutters her eyelashes*

[/quote]Oh... and where should i send my pictures to? I dont know what you wouldnt do, but I'm sure ive done it.

Just to let you know Orion....you can send any pictures to my email addy....but, sweetie...I dont think you could send me anything i havent seen before :twisted: :wink:

Thnx for any help you could give.....

Ramsey

Sex is like a box of chocolates...tasting each one until you get to the one you want to eat.
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:32 pm

Travel takes a long time. 2 to 10 days depending on where your at. If you have no food I would recommend turning around.

In most places where you start there is food that can be farmed. You start that by clicking on "locations" then a type of food. Some are not edible without being cooked. You can always beg in chracter for food too.
Ramsey

LOL!!!

Postby Ramsey » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:39 pm

So what you're saying is, that if I flash a little leg or maybe even some shoulder I might get a scrap from someone? LOL

I guess that wouldnt hurt eh? hehe.

new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:45 pm

Couldn't hurt, anyway ^^;

Ramsey

watch for begging...wear your hardhats

Postby Ramsey » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:56 pm

LOL....well, alrighty then. I suppose Begging it shall be!!!

OH, and can you help people to get food and share it? if you decide to let's say...erm...farm for corn? can you help each other out like that? or is a one person kinda show? hehe.....

If at first you don't succeed....beg! .......LOL

new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:02 pm

Yeah, in 'activity' if you aren't working on something, you'll see a button to let you join in. Of course the initiator gets the product and you'd have to trust them to share o_o

Return to “General Discussion”