Funny or interesting IC quotes

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Alutka

Re: Funny or interesting IC quotes

Postby Alutka » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:20 pm

4811-3: Micky says: "There are distinct groups and sub groups to grammar itself. Your syntax is poor sometimes, but at other you are able to create succinct sentences. The syntax was poor in that phrase, not specifically grammar because grammar is an umbrella it encompasses many of the linguistic structural rules."
4811-3: Micky says: "Don't get me started on language....I will talk all day."
4811-3: Mona says: "Hey.. *She smiles sleepily in response to Micky, and glances at everyone speaking.*"
4811-3: Micky says: "I literally did nothing but learn language in the mountains, and even then for most of my life I spent it trying to balance drawing, working and improving my own ability to speak. "
4811-3: Micky says: "You're all dazed and adorable..*Softly nudges Mona.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "Uhh... Well... If you say so Micky. I always considered syntax as grammar. I mean... *he now speaks slowly, carefully chosing words* I knew then that I should have said 'They should have been here' but I was so nervous, that I said 'They should be' instead. That is what always happens when I am speaking too fast."
4811-3: Artax says: "And since I am always speaking too fast... *he grins*"
4811-3: Mona says: "*She rubs her her nose with the back of her hand before yawning.* I had funny dreams. *She smiles at the nudge then looks around.* Is Artax playing match maker?"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he casts a glance at Mona* What the heck is match maker?"
4811-3: Micky says: "Think of grammar as the tree trunk, and syntax, phonetics, semantics, and so forth are the branches. They are all apart of the tree, but they are not grammar themselves."
4811-3: Mona says: "*She grins behind her hand.* It means you are someone who sets people up romantically."
4811-3: Micky says: "Yes, Artax is translating for a Polish gentleman on the radio whom Virgo seems...smitten with?"
4811-3: Artax says: "Oh, I see Micky. So well, I was right, my grammar sucks as I am awful at all of those things."
4811-3: Artax says: "At least I've stopped saying 'awful in'. *he grins* "
4811-3: Mona says: "The bad grammar you get when you become flustered is one of your charming quirks. *She chuckles.*"
4811-3: Micky says: "That's why I just don't bother saying anything whenever you use awkward wording because its apart of your accent and its cute. "
4811-3: Mona says: "That's adorable. Artax is bringing polish and english speakers together with the power of love! *Throws her hands up in the air with exaggerated glee.*"
4811-3: Micky says to Artax: "I had the most hilarious dream one day that you called me something in Polish while we were having pillow talk and I yelled at you, 'What did you call me!' and slapped you for it. That probably was the most hilarious dream ever because the word was the same one that I always make fun of ..you know that niep...whatever one."
4811-3: Micky says: "*After she said..whatever it was to Artax, she was red up to her ears, shoulders shaking with barely contained laughter.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he blinks at Micky rapidly, his jaw dropping* What? What is pillow talk?"
4811-3: Mona says: "*She grins widely.* Pillow talk is when you cuddle and have long talks with your lover."
4811-3: Virgo says: "Artax, what is the word for voice?"
4811-3: Paige says: "*studies the map for a time* that's not bad. where he's at"
4811-3: Mona says: "Usually on a bed. Hence the pillows."
4811-3: Micky says: "*That was...it. She lost it and slid beneath the dash of the car, a distinct THUD might be heard as she tried to breath and laugh.*"
4811-3: Paige says: "If his circumstance ever allowed it, we could go that way."
4811-3: Artax says: "*he stares between all of them confused* Gosh, you all are speaking so fast, that I am unable to answer."
4811-3: Mona says: "You started it."
4811-3: Virgo says: "As if you were the slow one. Ha!"
4811-3: Artax says: "And then you pester me that my accent is bad. Gosh. How am I supposed to have time to think of grammar?"
4811-3: Micky says: "For once we're talking faster than you ? Its a miracle. "
4811-3: Micky says: "Your accent is cute."
4811-3: Artax says: "*he blushes dark red* That sounded weird Virgo. Like if I was a 'fast' one."
4811-3: Artax says: "*he groans* Wait, give me time to answer. Gosh."
4811-3: Mona says: "Yeah, think of all the townspeople that are probably trying to get rid of a headache right now because they can't get a word in. *She chuckles.*"
4811-3: Micky says: "Your mind knows enough English to pick up the dirty things. *She quipped then pipes down.* Sorry."
4811-3: Mona says: "Artax you are such a perv sometimes. *She laughs.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "Uch... seriously. *he looks more and more confused, his gaze jumping from Micky to Mona and Virgo*"
4811-3: Artax says: "I suppose that I will not even comment on whatever you said Micky. Not in such a confused state. Gosh.."
4811-3: Mona says: "Did we break you?"
4811-3: Artax says: "I suppose so. Pillow talk. Seriously."
4811-3: Artax says: "You all are talking at once, and what is worse, you are talking about pillow talk."
4811-3: Micky says: "Poor Fuzzy Bear. So cute and confused. "
4811-3: Artax says: "And about my cute accent. And somehow you are able to connect those two things. Seriously."
4811-3: Artax says: "Those or these... shit."
4811-3: Micky says: "Either one is correct actually. "
4811-3: Artax says: "*he rubs his forehead nervously* "
4811-3: Micky says: "Someone needs a hug."
4811-3: Virgo says: "Stefan, dobrze głos. *she chuckles* I guess that won't sound very good."
4811-3: Artax says: "Anyway, you two, please stop having dreams."
4811-3: Micky says: "Not gonna happen, but thanks for asking."
4811-3: Paige says: "Just say it Breathier Virgo"
4811-3: Mona says: "Dreams?"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he turns towards Virgo, visibly relieved to be able to change the topic* Stefan, masz ładny głos."
4811-3: Artax says: "*he frowns at Paige* Breathier? What?"
4811-3: Paige says: "*laughs and smiles*"
4811-3: Artax says: "Yep, dreams Mona. About pillow talks and stuff. "
4811-3: Micky says: "I bet this place was a lot quieter without the three of us."
4811-3: Mona says: "What dreams?! *She blinks.* Who was having these dreams?"
4811-3: Paige says: "When you put a lot of breath into what you're saying artax, to add a lil sex appeal"
4811-3: Micky says: "Sex appeal!?"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he blinks rapidly at Paige, turning dark red* Oh..."
4811-3: Mona says: "*She cracks up laughing.*"
4811-3: Micky says: "*She just coughs, trying not to choke.* Polish has nothing sexy about it unless it counts that you can ACTUALLY say an entire sentence consisting of nothing but curses."
4811-3: Virgo says: "I will not, Paige! *she chuckles*"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he stares between all of them, visibly embarassed* Gosh..."
4811-3: Mona says: "*She snickers and steps out of the car.*"
4811-3: Micky says: "The look on Artax's face right now, you can't buy that. Its just priceless. *Her mouth rippled.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he takes a deep breath and turns towards Micky* You have no idea how sexy polish can be."
4811-3: Micky says: "Oh sure. With all of its funky letter combinations, pees, ques and zees where they don't belong."
4811-3: Mona says: "Wow, now we're curious. Say the sexiest thing you can in polish."
4811-3: Virgo says: "*she holds her hands over her ears and concentrates on the transmitter*"
4811-3: Mona says: "Do it! *She grins and hops over to the window.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "Nah... I will not do it in public. But I can give you a really nice polish word. Look at all the consonants in it. Rady? Chrzciny. *he grins*"
4811-3: Virgo says into radio enhanced range radio transmitter at freq. 100 "Stefan, masz ladny glos. I like your voice.".
4811-3: Artax says: "*he flashes an impish grin at Mona* Oh, you really want to hear something dirty in Polish?"
4811-3: Mona says: "Okay then whisper it to us. *She sticks her tongue out.* I am not satisfied by that chrisucyvytszy thing you said. *That non-word came how like there was something stuck in her throat.* Tell!"
4811-3: Micky says: "Ew. That word is horrible, it has like one vowel probably in there, gross, maybe two."
4811-3: Artax says: "*he chuckles, after a moment he composes himself and approaches the window, staring at Mona with passion* Chciałbym się z Tobą kochać przy świetle księżyca. *he says pretending to be overheated*"
4811-3: Micky says: "I think I'm going to die laughing...hold on...*slaps the car seat near her almost tearing up.*"
4811-3: Micky says: "I bet he just said something about dung."
4811-3: Mona says: "*She grins in amusement.* It doesn't sound so bad. What does it mean?"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he grins* Actually I said that I would like to make love with her under moonlight."
4811-3: Micky says: "How corny. *Clears her throat..* Wow..breathe...need to breathe. *Fans herself with one hand trying to get her face to return to its normal shade.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he laughs then* Well, I can try to say something dirty and totally ... unromantic?"
4811-3: Micky says: "That C word with like one vowel sound maybe two was pretty dirty, that's just wrong."
4811-3: Mona says: "I liked it. *She chuckles.* Do one for Micky!"
4811-3: Artax says: "Chciałbym? It just means 'I would like to'. By the way, you have to say all this words for our Chciałbym. "
4811-3: Artax says: "Och, she is to far away. Am I supposed to yell something dirty? Seriously?"
4811-3: Micky says: "I'm immune to charms and romantic notions, especially Artax's. He'd make me laugh so hard I wouldn't be able to breathe."
4811-3: Mona says: "Fine, you whisper to me and I will tell her. But you have to say what it means too cause it'll probably be funny. *She chuckles.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he grins* If Micky wants to hear it, she must come here. I bet she will like that one. "
4811-3: Mona says: "*She waves Micky over.* I want to see what he comes up with."
4811-3: You see Micky entering An open air workshop built on a hill., coming from Rose Hill.
4811-3: Micky says: "*Slips into the workshop and stands next to Artax.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he grins impishly and takes Micky in his arms, pressing his body against hers, staring her in the eyes*"
4811-3: Paige says: "*watches with a smirk*"
4811-3: Artax says: "Chciałbym wziąć Cię na masce twojego samochodu. Zdarłbym z Ciebie ubranie i pokazał Ci, co to znaczy mieć spotkanie z niedźwiedziem."
4811-3: Micky says: "*Rolls her eyes, giving Artax this funny look akin to staring at someone that probably had one eye instead of two.* There were so many zees in there..*She was already starting to laugh.*"
4811-3: Artax says: "*he chuckles then and lets go of her, grinning* I am not even going to tranlate this one. It was way too dirty."
4811-3: Mona says: "Nooooo you have to say! *She pouts.* "
4811-3: Paige says: "*whew* all this sexy talk *twirls her pony tail and makes a show of fanning herself*"
4811-3: Mona says: "*She grins at Paige and giggles.*"
4811-3: Artax says to Micky: "I said 'I want to have you on the hood of your car. I would tear your clothes off and show you what it means to have a meeting with a bear'."
4811-3: Paige says: "I may have to loosten my corset. *fanfanfan*"
4811-3: Micky says: "*Her eyes just about bugged out and the laughter got worse, she had to lean on Artax and hold onto his shoulders to keep herself aloft with all of the amusement.* Wow."
4811-3: Artax says: "*his jaw drops and he blushes dark red as he casts a glance at Paige*"
4811-3: Paige says: "*laughs and smiles* You should have seen me when I wasn't over the hill *grins*"
4811-3: Micky says: "I am getting out of here, I have met and exceeded my laughter quota for the day...wow..."

4825-7: Artax says: "*he smiles happily* That is a good news. I do not actually care about correct answers, I just want to speak in a way which will not give me away. *he chuckles* Though my accent and wording will probably give me away anyway. *he sighs with pleasure again* Gosh, I had so many questions and more when you're so close my head is so empty. I can literaly feel wind entering my head with one ear and leaving with the other ear and not meeting anything in between. "
4825-7: Devora says: "I have told you before that no one will know. Even the English, we all speak different. You said yourself I speak in a way others do not. You worry too much. *She giggles then* Your head is anything but empty, and there is hardly a breeze down here. *She squirms, turning around to cuddle up to him face to face, grinning* I think you exaggerate, Szalony. "
4825-7: Artax says: "I wouldn't be so... *he starts to reply but his breath catches when he sees the way she stares at him* Devora... *he says pleadingly, his face flushing* I will soon forget even to breathe. "
4825-7: Devora says: "What, would you have me move away? *Her voice drops in volume*"
4825-7: Artax says: "*he kisses her softly moaning with pleasure* I would rather suffocate. "
4825-7: Devora says: "*she laughs against his lips, and brings her arms up between them. Her fingertips rest on his jaw* I would rather you stay alive, personally."
4825-7: Artax says: "*he stares at her lovingly. His eyes turn even more dazed when she touches his jaw, yet there is a spark of amusement in his eyes* So if I forget to breathe you will have to blow me. *he grins impishly* I mean blow on me. "
4825-7: Devora says: "*An impassive look takes over her face. She looks at him thus, blankly, apparently too stunned to find a reply. After a few seconds of delay her cheeks turn cherry red, though the words still don't come*"
4825-7: Artax says: "*he watches her, his grin widening and he finally bursts out laughing* I just meant you know *he puffs at her* blow on me so that I could get more air. Did I say something wrong? *he asks innocently, though he can't hide his impish grin* It's probably my English again... *he tries to keep a straight face*"
4825-7: Devora says: "*She finally breaks, a tiny little giggle escaping, though she brings it under control quickly. She pretends to be disgusted with him, but the grin ruins it, as she slaps hard at his chest* I swear, I will just let you die. I changed my mind. *But she shimmies against him just as quick, hands back on his face to pull him into a bossy little kiss, chaste and firm* You watch out.
“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:45 pm

The funniest thing in there, that made me laugh so hard, was this:

4811-3: Virgo says: "Stefan, dobrze głos. *she chuckles* I guess that won't sound very good."

4811-3: Paige says: "Just say it Breathier Virgo"
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:12 pm

Marian wrote:whose idea was it to put the quote and edit buttons right next to each other and then make them all tiny :(

You're welcome.

Marian

Postby Marian » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:07 pm

iavatus wrote:We have an ongoing issue here.
The text of this post had to be deleted.

:?
Guess the related posts in the RP praise thread should be deleted as well then?

Mr. No-Fun says: "*evenly* No, I'm threatening to kill you because you spoke of my dead friend flippantly, as if he were not important. You see the difference, I hope?"
Fabulous Man says: "Don't you think that's a little, you know, extreme?"
Fabulous Man says: "Maybe you should go join the Unfun Knights. I hear they have openings. You'd fit right in."
Woman says: "He was already informed. *Her voice is about as quiet as Mr. No-Fun's, but lacks the menacing quality.* But I don't believe your fine manners are helping. *She sidesteps so she's between Mr. No-Fun and the window, facing the former.*"
Mr. No-Fun says: "Extreme would be locking you up and torturing you for a few years. Killing you would fall well short of extreme."

Oh, and Mr. No-Fun sounds like a guy who could use one of those massage devices to help relax him.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Alex Swift enters a limousine.
Alex Swift says: "*climbs in carefully and sits in the comfortable seat, his face saying that that was new, too, and he look over the radio and various controls with interest* "
Lori Chessen says: "Oh, I don't have answers for that. I don't see anything when i use it. I expect it's more complicated than I can grasp."
Alex Swift says: "We don't always have to have the answers, eh? It was just a thought. *he smiles widely* This is a nice car. Yours?"
-insert random radio message-
Lori Chessen says: "*She grins dazedly and nods* All mine yep. Benefit of having Claire as a friend. It's my second vehicle."
Alex Swift says: "*he jumps as the radio blurts, and then he laughs, still grinning as he looks at her* Lucky you. Second as well? And there I was dreaming of getting my hands on a dung fork. *he chuckles*"
Lori Chessen: "*She chuckles* Speaking of tools.. *She motions to the floor* Need any? No dung fork though."
Alex Swift says: "That's nice of you, but I won't take yours. I've got plenty of time to make or earn them! *he smiles and hops off, patting the dash as he goes* Thanks."
Alex Swift leaves the limousine.
Lori Chessen says: "No they're extra. *She grins towards Claire's car* I swear, I have the hardest time giving things away."
Alex Swift says: "Ha, well you can give me whatever you like, maybe it's the asking part that puts people off. Or that sharp tongue, maybe. *he grins*"
Lori Chessen says: "Come back and pick up what you want. *She chuckles*"
Alex Swift says: "No! Thanks. For some reason now, I can't trust you. You're too rich and poor people like me don't trust rich people. That's just how it is. There's always a catch, or something. *he grins some more*"
Lori Chessen says: "Heh. *She grins lazily and shakes her head*"
Alex Swift says: "*his grin then fades a little and he sighs, looking back up to the sky, then the fields*"
-Insert the prompt exit of a handful of tools from the limousine.-
Lori Chessen says: "*Nonchalant, she opens her door and kicks the tools out, whistling*"
Jada Black says: "hey* she smiles* "
John Sparrow says: "Careful! She's just trying to lure you closer to the van, Alex, so she can do rich people stuff with you! *He grins* Before you know it, you'll be riding around in the car with 'er."
Jada Black says: "rich people stuff *she chuckles*"
Lori Chessen says: "I'm not rich. I have no idea what rich people things are and... not sure I want to know. *She laughs*"
Alex Swift says: "For me? *his fingers touch his chest, heart warmed* You shouldn't have! And you wrapped or kicked it all so beautifully! Thank you. Now I'm going to have to get you something back... What to get the girl who has everything? *he laughs*"
Alex Swift says: "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm very rich... get in my van. *he laughs with a wink* Actually... I'm pretty damn happy about the shield. Am I a bad person? If so why does this feel good?"
Jada Black says: "thank you Lori"
Lori Chessen says: "I don't have everything I have a car. There's a difference. *She grins easily, and relaxes in her seat* You're welcome Alex."
Alex Swift says: "Yes, well. It's a very nice car. *he grins easily back* I somehow feel indebted, so I think that means I am a good person. So I'll pay you back, one day. I promise."
Lori Chessen says: "Oooor. *She drags it out* You could pay it forward to someone in need and not as well off."
Alex Swift says: "That too. Hey, I said I was good didn't I? That's what good people do every day. I've got that stuff covered. *nods*"
Read about my characters by following this link.
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:37 am

They are adorable. :3

I've met Lori before but didn't get to talk to her much. It's always so refreshing seeing genuinely good people in the game.
prometheus

Postby prometheus » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:48 am

There are really a surprising amount, even the grumpy ones keep being nice to one of my characters (although this same character managed to piss off an over-the-top 'nice' character, so win some lose some I guess).
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:19 pm

prometheus wrote:There are really a surprising amount, even the grumpy ones keep being nice to one of my characters (although this same character managed to piss off an over-the-top 'nice' character, so win some lose some I guess).

'Nice' means nothing in this game. Pretty much everyone has this veneer of 'niceness' just because it's easier to get things done that way. Try being a challenge to that though, steal from them or simply be rude or a little mean, and then stare in fascination at the twisted up two-faced monster that comes crawling out of their shell. Pettiness, spite, or downright violent psychopathy...I have run into so many supposedly sweet, nice chars that will flip to that in an instant.

When I say 'good' I mean on a deeper level than just 'nice'. You char being generous, forgiving, compassionate and so on even to people they don't necessarily like.
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Just posted some racism in the notes thread, figured I might as well round it out with some misogyny in this one. :)

4857-2.00: Acheron says: "And they haven't done anything to help me. *he repeats the words, before he settles down*"

4857-3.18: Jessica says: "*looks at the big man with a flinty expression* Thank you, Acheron. You are an inspiration, a blessing and a true boon. In times of chaos, in times of urgency, in times of peace, we can always rely on you to be yourself."

4857-3.18: Jessica says: "Philis, there's little enough we can do, but there's some things we should. If they've [tralalala nothing to see here]. If we can bring two or three people to the town, we can do what we can."

4857-4.12: Acheron says: "*He yawns* I know, good old me. Last suggestion I made it was over looked. But what do I know, I'm only the expert in defense tactics. *he yawns and lays down* And plain and simple, I know where I stand with the town. Want me to leave, then just say so. No skin off my back."

4857-4.15: Jessica says: "Gosh. I'd hate to have actually said anything even slightly mean to you. Aside from saying you were crap at being a guard in the times it would've been useful to have you. Then murdered a guy. Then whined when people didn't give you a rousing parade of congratulations, you sulked."

4857-4.15: Jessica says: "And been sulking since."

4857-4.16: Jessica says: "So, huzzah for your defense tactics. Meanwhile, the adults will be doing things. And no, you're not welcome to come along on the trip. I don't believe you posess the clear-headedness to decide things, without simply leaping to your axe. As if that solves, solved, anything."

4857-4.16: Grog? says: "*he glances over, watching with a quiet sort of amusement. As Jess finishes, he grins a little* I think I like you."

4857-4.16: Madison says: "*she fails to stop herself from rolling her eyes at Acheron before turning to Jessica* Jess, if you need assistance I don't mind going. I'm not and -expert- fighter, but I am skilled and very strong."

4857-4.16: Acheron says: "*He waves his hand dismissively* You? An adult? Maybe of the entertainer variety, and you hardly solve anything. You pass resources along to another person, so fuck off [edit]."

4857-4.17: Jessica says: "*gives Acheron the finger, turns to other people* Thank you Madison, you'd be appreciated. Also, young man, you're welcome, and glad to know."

4857-4.17: Acheron says: "*he returns the oh so kind gesture*"

4857-4.17: Jessica says: "You're welcome to stay, and work, and make a life here. We only occasionally have manchild antics such as on display at the moment, but don't worry. He's harmless, regardless of his words otherwise."

4857-4.17: Acheron says: "And watch out, she will use her feministic passive aggressive rage on you."

4857-4.17: Jessica says: "Oh, I don't need to be passive, in my aggression, boy."

4857-4.17: Acheron says: "Boy. *he stands up and dusts himself off* Alright -girl- Show me what you got, instead of trying to run me over with your menstrual cycle."

4857-4.17: Jessica says: "*flicks her hands at him* Silence, boy. Adults talking, solving things. You go play with your toys by yourself."
4857-4.17: Grog? says: "*he glances to Acheron* What is wrong with her being a feminist? Or passive aggressiveness for that matter?"

4857-4.18: Acheron says: "You don't understand. *he get into a defensive stance* I'm not asking. *he looks at Grog* When it comes to her, everything."

4857-4.18: Madison says: "Oh Acheron stop it, if you feel so unwelcomed here no one is stopping you from leaving."

4857-4.18: Jessica says: "Anyway. Back to important things. Madison, is there anything you need for this trip? We won't be fighting, we'll be building."

4857-4.19: Acheron says: "Big talk coming from someone who doesn't even want to find out why I'm irritated. And for your information, i fully plan to, I have more work that needs to be done for coin however."

4857-4.20: Madison says: "*she ignores Archeron, turning her attention back to Jessica* It depends, what are we building?"
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Oh dear. It seems I've made the player want to start the Cantr equivalent of MGTOW. :shock:

:lol:
prometheus

Postby prometheus » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:02 pm

:roll: Wonderful.
If you're playing a character like that for story/to be a douche, that's one thing. If you actually feel like that? *sigh*
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:23 pm

I love the irony here.

4857-4.12: Acheron says: "*He yawns* I know, good old me. Last suggestion I made it was over looked. But what do I know, I'm only the expert in defense tactics. *he yawns and lays down* And plain and simple, I know where I stand with the town. Want me to leave, then just say so. No skin off my back."

4857-4.15: Jessica says: "[blah blah]....you sulked."

4857-4.17: Acheron says: "And watch out, she will use her feministic passive aggressive rage on you."
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Marian

Postby Marian » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:46 pm

SumBum wrote:I love the irony here.

What? Are you implying such a manly man would resort to feministic passive aggressiveness?

4830-5.02: Acheron says: "If someone would of listened to.. oh I don't know, an advisor? Maybe this wouldn't of happened. I've made my choice. *he closes his eyes*"

4830-5.01: Acheron says: "Well, *he leans back* Wouldn't of happened if I had the backing of the town. *he places his hands behind his head and lays on his back*"

4829-4.03: Acheron says: "I am not inclined to help anyone, anytime. No backing of the tow. *he holds out his wrists* My hands are tied. No food, no healing stuff. "

4829-4.01: Acheron says: "I no longer care. If I won't get backing from the town, then I won't do anything, for anyone. *he towns his battle axe down* And I won't be a guard any longer, because no one sure has my back on this. I will not lift one. more. finger. to help anyone."

SumBum, such a preposterous idea. Quit being silly! :lol:
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Anony-quotes!

You notice Wolf whom you haven't seen before.

Wolf says: "*he suddenly sits up, a wild and frenzied look in his eyes as his head jerks back and forth*"
You see a snow leopard attack Wolf.

Wolf says: "*he lets out a feral scream as he's attacked, fiercly wrestling with the animal as they tumble across the ground*"

Wolf says: "*the screams of both animal and human ring through the air as they fight, until eventually he manages to bury his face in the leapord's neck, biting down as hard as he can. As the animal gives out a loud cry, he pulls out a good chunk of flesh with just his teeth, sending the bleeding, wounded animal running at top speed back into the forest*"

Pepper says: "*black eyes widen at the sounds of screaming, and she turns to look out the window at the feral newspawn, a small shudder running through her. Standing to her feet she moves over to the window, heels clicking as she regains an air of some authority* Welcome to DragonLoft. You are injured, please step inside the headquarters so as to avoid further attack until you are kitted out. I am Pepper, owner of Spectrum Designs."

Greed says: "*He flinches a bit at the screaming, and he raises a hand to his face, pressing it lightly against his forehead. He breathes out a small sigh*"

Ms. Angelou says: "What savage creature is this whose sound so rudely woke me? *steps towards the door, hands on her hips* Cease that, young man! This is a commercial district of certain ideologies; you're chasing away the customers. *extends a feather duster in the appropriate direction* Clean yourself at the well before stepping inside my kitchen for a warm meal. You may address me as Ms. Angelou."

---

Wolf says: "*he lets out a low, growling noise and steps back, hunched down on all fours*"

Ms. Angelou says: "*disposes of some scraps out the window, soppy asparagus tumbling down into the snow*"

Emily Sue Tucker says: "*she looks out, eyes wide, brows shoot up, looking scared* Um... uh, M.Mister?... *she looks to Ms. Angelou* What's wrong with him? *she whispers low*"

Josephine Sunborn says: "He was tainted by the Void in spawning, perhaps entirely spawned with a creature of darkness within him rather than a soul of light. If he is truly human, though, there would be hope in guiding him back into the light and dispelling his confusion."

Wolf says: "*he growls again, baring his teeth at them as he paces back and forth on his hands and feet, his mouth curled in a feral snarl*"

Novus Loreis says: "*He looks between the citizens and the snarling man, a confused look upon his face* Something I should know about, perhaps?"

Ms. Angelou says: "Eat up, Wolf. *leans out the window with feigned disinterest* I imagine he'll make a valuable addition to Marco's Marvels. He's perfect for advertisement, if he doesn't prove violent and is respectful of our human boundaries. *straightens up upon seeing the man* Mr. Loreis, sir. You've safely returned."

Emily Sue Tucker says: "*she looks to Ms. Sunborn and frowns in confusion, then gives a helpless little shrug towards Mr. Loreis* He spawned and started... that... um, and he was attacked by an animal? Did that have to do with it?..."

Novus Loreis says: "That I have, Ms. Angelou. *He glances at the odd fellow again* I suppose if he isn't harming anything then he may be an interesting asset to the town. Has he an official name?"
Pepper says: "*she looks outside, brows arching upwards at the feral display before she turns back to her work*"

Wolf says: "*he hisses at the talking people before stalking off to the edge of town, keeping his eyes on them warily*"

Ms. Angelou says: "Is he not eating the food? What disobedient creature is this? *crosses her arms in quite a mood, duster tucked tightly under her arm* Comes into our town for what purpose? If he cannot be trained, then what shall we do? He'll frighten the customers, Mr. Loreis, scare away investors and put the employees at ill ease. *shakes in utter disbelief, finding herself perched against the kitchen table* Will not eat his food! Surely he must?"

---

Emily Sue Tucker attempts to tame the beast.

Ms. Angelou says: "*tilts her head up haughtily, addressing the stove in ill impatience; not so much unkind as desperate in complaints* Yes, make it tame or we shall have to put it down. It's unnecessary to unleash such a beast upon the world. Should we build a cage: come see what savagery, at Dragonloft? All our efforts to advertise down the drain."

Novus Loreis says: "*Speaking quietly to the crowd near him* Perhaps a cage would be helpful? For if he should ever get out of line. He can roam freely, of course, but it could act as his home as well as a sort of... time out area in case he gets too feisty."

Ms. Angelou says: "Yes, yes, it is necessary."

Emily Sue Tucker says: "*she looks to them and gives a little nod before looking to Wolf* Come, you need food..."

Ms. Angelou says: "I'll make arrangements on the morrow. Of steel bars it shall be. *calms considerably, taking on a more professional persona*"

Wolf says: "*he hisses again as she offers the asparagus, backing away even further*"

Emily Sue Tucker says: "*she nods and smiles shyly, looking to Ms. Angelou* could I buy, um, some cooked meat? 5 IK?"

Emily Sue Tucker says: "I don't think he likes vegetables. *she mumbles*"

Wolf says: "*he continues to pace at a cautious distance, not taking his eyes off the woman for an instant*"

Ms. Angelou says: "There's only scraps from the personnel feast. *assaults some spiderwebs overhanging the stove, frantically waving the duster's feathers, addressing now the spider culprit caught at the webbed crime scene in whispers of disbelief* Pork and beef! Is he a nobleman in disguise?"

Emily Sue Tucker says: "*she giggles softly and nods* Maybe! Uh, Wolf? *she offers some meat, still kneeled* Food!"

Wolf says: "*he sniffs at the air and growls a bit before slowly, cautiously padding towards her, his eyes narrowed*"

---

Ms. Angelou says: "Are we a zoo? *she cries out feebly to the eaves, hanging out the window*"

Though Emily Sue Tucker manages to make it drink some soup, it refuses to get dressed.

Emily Sue Tucker says: "*she sighs and hunches her shoulders* Maybe tomorrow... *she leaves the pants pooled by the building and stands once more, entering the building*"

Marco Francesco says: "*he hurries her inside, eyeing the door with concern as he places a hand on her shoulder*"

Walker Path says: "*Over in the gold mines he takes a moment's break. He can be seen building a sort-of snow barrier across the entrance to the mine shaft he's working in. He casts a wary glance at the tainted man-beast before packing the last bit of snow over the entrance, leaving only a small window worthy of communication alone.*"

You overhear Marco Diaz-Francesco say to Ms. Angelou: "Certainly. I wouldn't dare suggest the Beast-Man join you in the kitchen. He will need to be domesticated before he could interact with anyone. Like a mouflon. Ms. Tucker, in her unyielding compassion has made it a mission to tame him. I merely would like to see him improve our roads, given that he can hold a shovel and wheelbarrow."

Day-to-day business continues.

Novus Loreis says: "Here is some vegetable feed, as well, in case anyone wishes to try their hand at keeping an animal. *He puts a hand to his chin* Perhaps that wolf-man will eat it?"

Marco Francesco says: "We're you able to get wood, sir?"

Novus Loreis says: "*He shakes his head* It seems as though I forgot that, Mr. Francesco. Pardon me for it, if you will. I'm going to make another trip very soon--once a few things begin to unfold here. *He smiles* I rushed back here after realizing that there were some things that I needed to discuss with Ms. Angelou before moving forward even more. Anyway, I'll get your wood when I venture out then--that will be soon, I promise. There are a few men interested in becoming members of an armed defense force here in our city, so I'll need to go and pick them up soon, regardless."

Marco Francesco says: "It is quite alright. I was just discussing with Ms. Sunborn a small transfer of wood. Enough for my current projects. But certainly we should replenish our stocks when we have a chance."

Ms. Angelou says: "The water is rarely used in the factory, but occasionally one of the shops requires it. Marco's Marvels is branching off into floristry. *dusts off her hands, leaving the industrial machines to return to kitchen's duties; salmon filleted, spinach washed, now the water's cooking for rice* City guard, sir? That sounds like a wise investment. These are dangerous times. *sniffs haughtily, scowling at a handful fish entrails*"

Novus Loreis says: "Floristry? An interest addition to your business indeed, Mr. Francesco. *He takes a step back to look at the nearly-blank sign that he is working on, as if planning. He then continues to work while speaking.* And yes, I thought that it might be a good idea to have a few well-equipped guardsmen here, what with all this talk of bandits about."

Ms. Angelou says: "*sets out a plate of mushroom soup by the doorstep*"

Wolf says: "*he slowly pads over to the plate on the ground and proceeds to quickly lap up the soup*"

Pepper says: "*she looks over to the feral man lapping the soup up and pulls a face, nose crinkled in disdain at the display before turning to Mr Loreis* I believe we have the supplies to make your suit, we can charge you for them rather than you heading out to buy more?"

Novus Loreis says: "Yes, that will work, Ms. Pepper. Could I sell you the clothes that I'm currently wearing--cheaply, of course--as payment for a portion of the labor?"

Wolf says: "*he growls at the woman, sinking low to the ground and pulling his lips back in a snarl*"

Pepper says: "Most certainly. We can customize them for our store. *she bristles slightly at the sound of the growl thrown in her direction, and she seems to snap, her head turning in a quick jerk in his direction. Black lips pull back in an open mouthed snarl of her own, near a hiss before she snaps crisply* Stop that."

Wolf says: "*his mouth opens in a feral scream of rage, ending in a sharp, fierce bark. Raising his shoulders, he takes a slow step towards her, his face a mask of pure hatred*"

Josephine Sunborn says: "*her eyes rest upon the feral man for a moment, mumbling barely audibly* Perhaps an exorcism ceremony. Got the candles, hmm..."

Emily Sue Tucker says: "* she runs out and frowns, lifting her arms* Wolf, no. * her tone is serious, but her stance is harmless. No, wolf. No."

Pepper says: "*she looks somewhat shaken, clearing her throat but otherwise ignoring the man as she looks down at her lap, hands coming up to the side of her head. Hearing Emily outside she shakes her head* That mutt will bite you!"

Wolf says: "*he lets out a low hiss at Emily, but backs off a bit, though his posture is still rigid, as if he's about to strike*"

Emily Sue Tucker says: "* she places herself between the man and the window, in case he jumps at her and shakes her head* He won't hurt me. * she looks at the man and squats a little, looking even smaller than she is and stretches her hand* You won't hurt me. No, Wolf. Calm."

Wolf says: "*he flinches away from her hand and eyes her for a long moment before seeming to relax a bit, growling a bit more before sitting down in front of her, his eyes narrowed*"

Pepper says: "*she shakes her head again, still looking shaken* My dear Emily, you shouldn't be playing with that thing. He does not know civilized behavior."

Pepper says: "*she doesn't respond besides for shrugging her shoulders as she draws her hands out of her hair, returning to her work before she finally speaks* Just keep your wits about you, I would rather not have to rescue you from that feral beast."

Emily Sue Tucker continues to make attempts to domesticate the beast, when suddenly he gets up and walks away.

Wolf says: "*quickly, he treads over to the stone trough, reaching up to place his arms on the edge of the container. Visibly perking up, he dips his head down and comes back up with a piece of raw meat, which he gulps down in an instant, leaving his face smeared with meat juice!"

Emily Sue Tucker says: "*she gasps* Wolf, raw meat is bad for you. *she looks worried*"

Walker Path says: "*He looks out from the small snow-hole of his makeshift mine shaft seal. His face only is visible as his eyes scan the main square of the town. Noting the cursed, feral man has still been allowed to wander amongst the civilized citizens a frown pulls at his lips. A quiet sound of disproval could be heard by those closest to the mines, followed by a clicking tongue, and the man disappears back down into the depths*"

Wolf says: "*glancing at Emily, he reaches down and takes another mouthful of the meat, messily devouring it*"

Pepper says: "*she looks up to stare out the window at the stomach churning display, her mouth opening and twisting in a look of disgust as she leans back slightly, hands twitching. The blood around his mouth is evidently too much, and she climbs to her feet with shaky, somewhat robotic movements, muttering* Vile, despicable, horrendous, vile!"

Pepper closes the window in Spectrum Boutique.

Ms. Angelou says: "*carries some steel bars outside; holds up a hand to beckon forth an unspecified person* I'll need a volunteer? The creature cannot roam freely for the moment, but I believe it is in our best financial interests to capture it."

You overhear Ms. Angelou say to Marco Diaz-Francesco: "Yes, I'm afraid we may have to put him down if he cannot be controlled. For better or for worse, the creature is our responsibility and is ours to exploit for the financial betterment of Dragonloft."

Wolf says: "*he growls half-heartedly at the woman as she walks outside, for the most part ignoring her as he continues to eat*"

Josephine Sunborn says: "If you need assistance in building a cage, I am quite skilled in construction."

Walker Path says: "*He destroys the snow barrier roughly as he trudges to the surface, filthy with grime* My skills are likely desirable for this task as well. *he warily eyes the beast, keeping distance*"

Wolf says: "*finally eating his fill, he slinks away from the trough, walking a bit with his eyes on the woman building the cage before sitting and running his tongue over his teeth, getting out a stray bit of gristle. As the man bursts out of the mine, however, he jumps back onto all fours and lets out a sharp, hissing growl*"

Walker Path says: "*He brings his pickaxe up between himself and the man-animal, taking a step back* The sooner the better, from the looks of it. *He scowls at the thing*"

Josephine Sunborn says: *watches the animal man warily, shakes some snow off of her cope, clasps her hands and murmurs* May the Almighty Sun dispel the confusion in your mind and guide you back into the light. The Void is a tenacious thing, and not everyone is strong enough to fight it, and yet it must be fought regardless."
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Marian

Postby Marian » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Aww, you guys are having so much fun. I miss Dragonloft. :(

Return to “General Discussion”