Funny or interesting IC quotes

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Re: Funny or interesting IC quotes

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:26 am

But not while being worn.
Not-so-sad panda
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:59 pm

I sometimes save quotes and forgot to post them after 4 days have passed. Here's a couple I found saved on my computer.

(Bottom up)
5083-5.32: Gwen Howell says: "*...somehow, through two windows.*"
5083-5.32: Gwen Howell says: "*She peeks over Jupiter's shoulder*"

You see lighthouse RUS/OMEO IS TOTALLY LAME AND THIS PORT IS STUPID at direction 261.
Not-so-sad panda
destinysWalrus

Postby destinysWalrus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:53 am

Looking through logs so characters can write down stuff... found at least one quote that amused me.

I have killed the lock. It is utterly destroyed; I have slain it without mercy.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:48 pm

My favorite reaction to the radio nerf event so far:

5404-0.17: a woman who is very old says: "*Her hair, normally loosely hanging down the back of her neck, immediately poofs in response to the atmospheric disturbance, effectively creating a giant afro that just looks /wrong/ on her.*"
5403-6.06: High above, a bright mist starts to spread, stretching from horizon to horizon in the form of ridges made of light. The air is charged, and a faint whisper of static noise is heard before all recedes into silence.

(I may have stolen this idea when typing out my own character's reaction elsewhere.)
(Also I want to draw this so badly.)
destinysWalrus

Postby destinysWalrus » Wed May 24, 2017 4:09 am

Woman: *she awakens, goes to collect more wood, then suddenly smacks herself on the forehead* Oh, I forgot! *she then brandishes an uncooked salmon and promptly begins smacking a tree with it, in an apparent attempt to cut the tree down with the fish*

I will note that this was one of my characters, and she had a reason for making this ridiculous attempt. A moderately stupid reason, but still.

This is why I need to actually go back and read old logs sometimes.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:48 am

A woman in her fifties says: "...What? I thought I was doing pretty damn good. *She shifts her weight from one foot to the other, looking baffled.*

A woman in her twenties says: "*she turns the to the guys* Dustin... esta... ejem... Amable y simpatica mujer, que por cierto su nombre es Gin,... *that las part she says it in a lower voice* Ella anda necesitando cobre, y tiene petroleo para ofrecer. Tambien madera, y mucho cariño y dulzura."

A woman in her twenties says: "You know... Madam, I couls translate your words if you nees it. Anyway I find it a really funny show if you dont mind it the try you are doing. Let me see..."

A woman in her twenties says: "*she starts laughing as she hears Gin trying to talk to the guys. She cleans her hands shaking them and clapping, and gives a second look to Gin*"

A woman in her fifties says: "Tengo however the hell you say wood, too."

A woman in her fifties says: "Tengo petrol. Necesito cobre. *She looks up again, victorious.* Por... favor?"

A woman in her fifties says: "Fuck, how do you say that? *She uncrumples a note, smoothing the edges as she scans it.*"

A woman in her fifties says: "Necesito copper... Cobre? *She continues to watch everyone with a sudden mixture of caution and curiosity.* Cobre por petrol? Yo... Have, I have..."
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:24 am

Feeling a bit nostalgic, and figured I'd share a couple highlights that come to mind when I think about my last round in the green world.

First Sweetberry's emotional roller coaster surrounding Cora's death (edited for brevity, not that it's brief, bottom up):

5199-6: You leave Xanth, using Midnight Tempest, taking expressway to Akypor forest north.
5199-6: You say: "*she nods and looks down the road*"
5199-6: You enter Midnight Tempest, where you see 0 people, leaving the central area of Xanth.
5199-6: Milena? says: "*She looks between two* My deepest condolences, I know the feeling so well."
5199-6: Nimue Goldeneye says: "*She hugs her and caresses her hair gently* Thank you for bringing me the news and sharing your feelings with me. Try to be strong, I'll do my best for Akypor."
5199-6: You say: "*she wraps her arms around Nimue* Thank you. Thank you for showing me a little bit of hope again."
5199-6: You enter Xanth, where you see 9 people, leaving Midnight Tempest.
5199-6: Nimue Goldeneye says: "Whhat about the hug? I will come too."
5199-6: You store some propane in motorcycle engine.
5199-6: You say: "Thanks for chasing me Rian. I would have disappeared into the mountains if you wouldn't have. *she sniffs and nods to herself* I'm going back to Akypor now. The whole city is broken, but maybe it can be fixed. It's worth trying. Even if it can't be, it's worth trying."
5199-6: Nimue Goldeneye says: "I hope so too."
5199-6: You say: "*she laughs a little a cracks a smile* That's a good sickness. I hope it's contagious."
5199-6: Nimue Goldeneye says: "I can't understand why some loved people choose to go and leave us behind, but I just can not die. *She laughs a bit* Maybe mine is a sickness too."
5199-6: You say: "*she nods*"
5199-6: Nimue Goldeneye says: "Darkness doesn't destroy you, unless you lose the balance. A seed grows in the darkness in its sleep and yes a newly growing sapling doesn't replace the exact other tree we lost. But unfortunately the circle of life and death is so. When I felt weak and like dying I slept and others took care of me. Also I stayed alive to not make some people happy. *She giggles* It was a kind of foolish idea, but kept me on my toes. "
5199-6: You say: "*she nods, a faint smile touching the corners of her mouth* But you're stronger than the darkness? At least most of the time, you're stronger? I thought the darkness might destroy me. I'm still worried it might. That there would be no Sweetberry left. That I'd become someone else, someone worse. But I think there is hope now. I only feel a little bit, but I think a little bit is enough. *she wipes her other eye* At least for now it's enough."
5199-6: Nimue Goldeneye says: "*She smiles sadly*I embrace all with love of mother nature and I try to give a part of my care to everything grows. But I have my own dark side too and sometimes I get fooled by my ideals and ideas. I believe it comes back to you as pain when you love someone so much and that person slips away from your hand in an impossible looking time. *Her eyes get misty with bright tears* If it is their choice to leave I can only respect, but I do my best to keep their roots strong while they're with us. I don't know who are those sweet people talking about me. *She quickly wipes her cheeks* I learned a great lesson from this period, I'm hoping new love and life will grow and we will be filled with joy again."
5199-6: You say: "You've lived to so long. And I want to live so long too. I want to be so old that nobody can tell how old I am and even my wrinkles have wrinkles. And I want to keep caring about people when I do it. I don't want to grow cold. I don't want to stop caring. But I don't want to hurt like this. I want to run away and never make friends again, but I also don't want to do that. I still want to make friends with everyone I meet. I don't know, it's so confusing. Is it ok for it to break me? Is there a way to get put back together? Is there a way to care without the hurt? Or is the hurt worth it? 'Cuz it doesn't feel worth it right now. *she sniffs* Am I allowed to keep caring even if I know someday it will hurt me?"
5199-6: You say: "How do you do it Nimue? *she sniffs* I feel like everywhere I go, when I talk about where I've been, I meet people who know you and who care about you and who you care about. How do you care about so many people? And they are always good people. And it seems like they are better people because of you. How do you keep it from breaking you when they go? *she wipe the back of her hand along one eye*"
5199-6: Nimue Goldeneye says: "So sorry Sweetberry. *She sighs* Tessa...That wedding won't happen. I think I need to go to Akypor. "
5199-3: Tessa says: "Hello, welcome..*Looks out the window curiously.* Is..something the matter?"
5199-3: You give a note titled -I'm sorry- to Nimue Goldeneye.
5199-3: You say to Rian: "I'll go back. For you I'll go back. I'll try to be strong. I'll try to find hope. I need to sleep soon too, but when I wake up I'll go back."
5199-3: Rian says to you: "if not for me, then please, for them. lets work out some kind of strategy to retain a bit of what they worked for."
5199-3: Rian says to you: "understand how much akypor meant to serana and cora. - they literally came running to it."
5199-3: Rian says to you: "read over the notes I gave you, perhaps that will make you understand "
5199-3: You say to Rian: "I gave her the note Cora left for her and the one I gave you. I don't want her to find out over the radio."
5199-3: Rian says to you: "yes, the news will break I'm sure, probably via radio, I don't know. You think you have issues? I need help right now in many things."
5199-3: Rian says to you: "There must be some other way. I'll think."
5199-3: Rian says to you: "do you want her and her friends to take their lives too right now? even cora didn't want to tell folks about the key I hold."
5199-3: You enter Midnight Tempest, where you see 0 people, leaving the central area of Xanth.
5199-3: Rian says: "at any rate folks, I really must take to bed now."
5199-3: You give a note titled -Cora’s Will Public Version- 5198- to Nimue Goldeneye.
5199-3: Rian says: "consider the implications."
5199-3: Rian says: "please, not yet."
5199-3: You give a note titled -My Dear Nimue- to Nimue Goldeneye.
5199-3: Rian says: "swetttberry, no please"
5199-3: Rian says: "Please forgive me. I arrived just past my bedtime"
5199-3: You say: "Nimue *she says with a tremor in her voice*"
5199-3: Rian says: "Hello all, Hi Tessa - long time no see."
5199-3: Rian gives you 50 grams of propane.
5199-3: You enter Xanth, where you see 9 people, leaving Forest Express.
5199-3: You say: "*she nods*"
5199-3: Rian says to you: "I talk too much, don't I? But I'm dead serious in that I cannot allow you to steal this van (again I suppose) to go create a bandit clan of all things. Please consider the bike exchange as discussed instead or return so we can pick up the pieces. I know you are upset over Cora/Serana - most are I believe. I almost broke an axe against a tree.. though what have the rest of us done to you to deserve this? Please take the Midnight tempest back. No lock, but needs fuel. I'll join you after I completed Cora's will. Thank you, I'm going to sleep now."
5199-3: You see Rian entering Forest Express, coming from the central area of Xanth.
5199-3: You arrived at Xanth.
5199-3: You say: "I want to hope for something again. Cora gave me hope. Hope kept the darkness down. The darkness that I felt when I felt ignored and forgotten as a newspawn. The darkness that made me want to steal the van and anything I could grab from the forest and not care about anyone else. The darkness that makes it so fun to kill the rhinos. I think I can be happy again, but I don't know if I can hope... or if I can only find happiness in the darkness."
5199-3: You say: "I don't know what I want. I just don't know. I want Cora back. I want to kill Serana for making her do this. I want to run away and I want to stay in the forest. I want Akypor to be a great city. I want friends but I don't want to be betrayed again. I just don't know."
5199-3: Rian says: "Why don't you come back and help up get re-organised. I'm sure Akypor is probably in chaos right now, and the van could likely help move whatever is needed around."
5199-3: Rian says: "The um, other problem I have with you taking off to bandit lands - you kinda hold a whole bunch of keys to the forest town, so.. yeah. really don't want to go changing locks to everything again."
5199-3: Rian says: "This bike is also spacious. it can take two people, due to its sidecar, or at least a bit of cargo. Used only 2% (20grams) fuel thus far too, which is economical. Think the van takes 5%? Did you load it up full or monitor before you left? "
5199-2: Rian says: "When you reach my age, and have seem so many deaths, you learn that only objectives/goals/dreams matter. Whether yours, or someone else's. "
5199-2: Rian says: "we could exchange vehicles in xanth. I'm headed there quickly as well. Its still an important part of our work which I can now finalise as there is no wedding to delay it further."
5199-2: Rian says: "and so think about the van-thing. We need it to move resources around between towns. I'll trade you this roadster I'm driving instead, which is faster actually that the van on expressways. Though for the sandy mountain roads you need an off-road vehicle."
5199-2: Rian says: "Also, I'm busy making some excellent (I hope) nut brittle which you kindly supplied the milk for. I um.. need an volunt-err.. sampler of the meal to provide their expert opinion and critique on the cooking (and analysis as to whether its safe for the general public - we can't have customers falling over you know). "
5199-2: Rian says: "But if you really really really must go live like a hermit in the mountains.. then I have a place you could stay far to the east near lots of diamond veins. That's about the only perk. But as said, for someone like you , who needs the people interaction, I woudn't recommend it."
5199-2: Rian says: "I also actually, wanted to discuss with you, fearing these very events to occur.. whether you'd be interested in running Akypor city itself. You are a nice non-introverted person that everyone warms up too (well, not sure about bandits), but truth is, an empty forest town (nor mountains for that matter) is not the best place for an individual such as yourself - you need people around you, and they need you even more."
5199-2: Rian says: "But I must say, I'm actually most proud of you. When I met you at first you appeared nothing more than a bandit actually breaking in to the very vehicle you drive now. Then you became a most excellent town administrator, first helping repair half a town's broken items and then expanding town and personal relations to various others - you became the welcome face to many as they traveled to Akypor. Can't tell you know many folk relayed to me how sweet they found you.. It would therefore be sad to see you return to banditry."
5199-1: Rian says: "I know you are upset and angry, I should be the one that is most angry. Cora and Serana broke a promise to me. I'll share with you a note on how I sort of hired them to run the town; and they really did a good job too. from near nothing that town became a metropolis overnight."
5199-1: Rian says: "On that topic alone of running off into the mountains. or joining bandits. If you really need that kind of outlet, may I ask that you please return the van at least, it can house a lot of bandits, and would be a big danger to all."
5199-1: Rian says: "I know you want to have some alone time now, Sweetberry. But running away is not the answer."
5199-1: Rian says: "I was calling for you on the radio. But I'm here now, so don't worry."
5199-1: Rian says: "Not sure if you heard me on the radio, or if you are sleep-driving. I hate being right you know. That note is so.. Cora. Everything she does/did was carefully written out in such detail - its the way I talk usually. You should see her proposed town laws.. Yes, she fooled us all, though knowing her the way I did.. I guess that is why I asked you to just hover back there. Though I had hoped I was wrong. If we could only have passed the wedding date.. damnit. "
5199-1: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "meant 'in' this life."
5199-1: You hear from radio at freq. 100: "Bitterberry, you know.. the thing I hate most is this life.. is being right.Do you remember our designated special channel, could you please switch to that?"
5199-1: You leave Akypor forest north, using Forest Express, taking expressway to Xanth.
5199-1: You give a note titled -Cora’s Will Public Version- 5198- to Rian.
5199-0: You say: "I wanna tell Nimue, I don't want her to hear from the radio. This is the kind of gossip I don't like."
5199-0: You say: "I can't be Sweetberry anymore. I can't. I'm just Bitterberry now. I want to go into the mountains and hide and be a bandit and all my friends will be bandits and it won't matter if they die since they are just bandits. *she sniffs* Hope died today. And happiness is on vacation and I don't know if it will come back."
5199-0: You say: "*she looks up, tears of sorrow and rage streaked down her cheeks* She wasn't strong enough. I thought she was, we all thought she was, but she wasn't. I thought she was starting to act normal again, but she wasn't. She fooled us all. She wasn't organizing things to help the town, she was organizing things to die. She was just giving us hope to make it hurt even more."
5199-0: Rian says: "*raises an eyebrow* back so soon?"
5199-0: You arrived at Akypor forest north.
5198-7: You consumed 31 grams of your french fries.
5198-7: You leave Akypor, using Forest Express, taking expressway to Akypor forest north.
5198-7: You enter Forest Express, where you see 0 people, leaving the central area of Akypor.
5198-7: You take a copy of 'My Dear Nimue".
5198-7: You say: "*she shakes her head, tears on the edges of her eyes* They need to know, her friends need to know. I don't want them to find out on the radio. I'll be back in a day. Maybe less."
5198-7: Alexander says: "We should.. Or a statue resembling them.. *he nods* Cora wanted you to handle her will with me"
5198-7: Mindy says: "I think we should build a landmark in their honor"
5198-7: Mindy says: "Oh no. *tears stream down her face"
5198-7: Alexander says: "Yes... Cora died"
5198-7: Lyssa says: "What? *she drops her jaw*"
5198-6: Alexander says: "That's priority now"
5198-6: You take a copy of 'Cora’s Will Public Version- 5198".
5198-6: You say: "*she nods*"
5198-6: Alexander says: "Sweetberry not yet. First we do her will"
5198-6: You say: "I gotta tell Rian, I gotta tell Nimue. *she doesn't make any effort to stand up from where the body is* I don't wanna but I gotta."
5198-6: a woman in her twenties says: "*she looks at all the people who are farming grass* Working outside relieves some pain, isn't it?"
5198-6: a woman in her twenties says: "*she looks horrified at the body of Cora*"
5198-6: Alexander says: "I know... i want too"
5198-6: You say: "*she shakes her head and sniffs* I don't want their legacy. I want Cora back."
5198-6: Alexander says: "We will make sure their legacy lives..."
5198-6: You say: "I was growing these for Serana, not for you. *she sobs* not for you."
5198-6: You drop 20 grams of tulips.
5198-6: Alexander says: "I tried my best to talk with her"
5198-6: You drop 100 grams of roses.
5198-6: You drop 20 grams of daisies.
5198-6: You drop 20 grams of buttercups.
5198-6: Alexander says: "She lost her will to live..."
5198-6: You say: "*she sits near the body, and places her hand on Cora's* Why? Why did you do it Cora? We could make you happy. We could."
5198-6: Alexander says: "Sorry Sweetberry... i thought same"
5198-6: Alexander says: "Serana sacrificed herself for nothing..."
5198-6: You drop a used stone pot.
5198-6: You say: "NOOOOOOOOOO! *she screams* I thought she was getting better. I thought she. I thought she. It was all fake. It was all a lie. *she drops the pot of candy*"
5198-6: Suki says: "In a way it's sort of impressive, she certainly chose a memorable way to go out. But it's not going to leave a pretty corpse, that's for sure. Makes sense that she chose the pyre. Imagine how awkward it would be if she had asked us to put the body on display and it's all smashed up like a broken egg."
5198-6: Alexander says: "Thats depressing..."
5198-6: Alexander says: "Did... she jump?"
5198-6: Suki says: "If nobody has any objections, I would like to start researching poisons so that anybody who feels a need to exit this world can do it in a controlled, and hopefully painless manner. Now I have no previous experience in poisons, so I'm not sure if a painless method exists, but with your allowance, I would like to start researching this. I think everybody deserves a dignified way to exit, don't you agree?"
5198-6: Suki says: "Gee, that's a total bummer. I wouldn't want to see what she looks like on the underside, it's probably all smashed up and gross. I wish there were easier ways for people to die than jumping off of buildings."
5198-6: You see Suki entering Akypor, coming from Akypor Ironworks Inc..
5198-5: You see Alexander entering Akypor, coming from Weild`s House.
5198-5: You see Alexander leaving the central area of Akypor, entering Weild`s House.
5198-5: Project Growing lemons has been finished (52 grams, ending up in the inventory of Sweetberry Eclair).
5198-5: Alexander says: "I wish I could have done more for her.. but I couldn't. I'm sorry everyone.. *he wipes some tears* I miss them both..."
5198-5: Alexander says: "Whose gonna be leader now? Cora was supposed to be but... She couldn't handle this.."
5198-5: Alexander says: "Mindy, we need to talk. And nobody please don't touch Cora"
5198-5: You see Alexander point at note "Cora’s Will Public Version- 5198".
5198-5: Alexander says: "*he sighs sadly* Both are gone now then"
5198-5: You see Cora Stoli die.
5198-5: Cora Stoli says: "*she spreads her arms wide like a bird, and dives*"
5198-5: You see Cora Stoli drop some feathers.
5198-5: Cora Stoli says: "*she opens a fisted hand to release some feathers into the wind*"
5198-5: Cora Stoli says: "*she begins climbing the steps of the lighthouse, looking out to the sea once she reaches the top* Wow. It's really pretty from up here."
5198-5: You see Alexander leaving the central area of Akypor, entering Weild`s House.
5198-5: Cora Stoli says: "*after speaking to Wolf, she turns to Alex with a finger to her lips*"
5198-5: You see Cora Stoli talking to wolf.
5198-5: Cora Stoli says: "I hope people will play with Wolf with the stick."
5198-5: You see Cora Stoli drop a new stick.
5198-5: Cora Stoli says: "*she steps out in her wedding outfit, complete with both wedding rings. She is freshly bathed, hair perfectly combed. She adjusts her tie and smooths over the front of her shirt. She appears at peace with a light smile on her lips*"
5198-5: You see Cora Stoli give a note to Mindy.
5198-5: You see Cora Stoli entering Akypor, coming from Weild`s House.
5198-5: It's the first day of summer.
5198-5: You see large glass bottle being pulled to Akypor, coming from Weild`s House.
5198-5: You see grass basket being pulled to Akypor, coming from Weild`s House.
5198-4: You see wool gloves being pulled to Akypor, coming from Weild`s House.
5198-4: You see large log being pulled to Akypor, coming from Weild`s House.
5198-4: Project Growing tulips has been finished (12 grams, ending up in the inventory of Sweetberry Eclair).
5198-4: Project Growing daisies has been finished (10 grams, ending up in the inventory of Sweetberry Eclair).
5198-4: Project Growing buttercups has been finished (10 grams, ending up in the inventory of Sweetberry Eclair).
5198-4: Project Growing roses has been finished (10 grams, ending up in the inventory of Sweetberry Eclair).
5198-4: You see Cora Stoli leaving the central area of Akypor, entering Weild`s House.
5198-4: You see Cora Stoli entering Akypor, coming from Public Bathhouse.
5198-4: You see Cora Stoli leaving the central area of Akypor, entering Public Bathhouse.
5198-4: Cora Stoli says: "There is another raker, Sun's Rising, going right for the first raker."
5198-4: You see Cora Stoli entering Akypor, coming from Weild`s House.
5198-3: You use 50 grams of wood on Making hard candy (wood).
5198-3: You use 350 grams of sugar on Making hard candy (wood).
5198-3: You take a used stone pot out of oil drum and put it in your inventory.
5198-3: You say: "*she hums happily as she pats down the dirt in various windowboxes*"
5198-3: You use 14 grams of water on Growing tulips.
5198-3: You use 2 grams of tulips on Growing tulips.
5198-3: You use 15 grams of water on Growing daisies.
5198-3: You use 1 grams of daisies on Growing daisies.
5198-3: You use 15 grams of water on Growing buttercups.
5198-3: You use 1 grams of buttercups on Growing buttercups.
5198-3: You use 12 grams of water on Growing roses.
5198-3: You use 2 grams of roses on Growing roses.
5198-2: Project Growing tulips has been finished (25 grams, ending up in the inventory of Sweetberry Eclair).
5198-1: Suki says: "That was a funny story about the leg. I wish I could've seen it."
5198-1: You see Cora Stoli leaving the central area of Akypor, entering Weild`s House.
5198-1: You see Cora Stoli giving some steel coin "Akypor Penny" to a man in his twenties.
5198-1: a man in his twenties says: "*Starts to work on the lock*"
5198-1: You see a man in his twenties trying to break lock no. 14563839 at The Crucible.
5198-1: You see Cora Stoli give a new crowbar to a man in his twenties.
5198-1: a man in his twenties says: "I will if you give me a crowbar *Smiles*"
5198-1: You see Cora Stoli point at The Crucible.
5198-1: Cora Stoli says: "Yes, can you break the lock on that galleon?"
5198-1: a man in his twenties says: "Do you have any work for me?"
5198-1: a man in his twenties says: "So, Cora"
5198-0: Cora Stoli says: "I used to play pranks on Serana all the time. Some time after Amanita died, Serana thought I put the fancy leg in the manor as a prank. But I was as bewildered as she was. We never did figure out why it was there or who put it there. Then it just got packed up when we moved. It pops up when you least expect it."
5198-0: Cora Stoli says: "Amanita was not amused. She wielded a screwdriver at him and waved it around. He looked to her leg on the floor, and licked his lips. *grins a little* I was absolutely mortified that he would take her leg and chew it up. But he didn't and I told her he can be in the public building like everyone else and that she should fuck off."
5198-0: Cora Stoli says: "But, one day she'd been working long and took off her leg because it was getting uncomfortable. Well, Wolf came sauntering in that building shortly after, sniffing around and just being Wolf."
5198-0: Cora Stoli says: "In Dragonloft, she became a jeweler and designed for herself a new leg. It had ruby toes or something. She was so proud of that damned leg."
5198-0: Mindy says: "goodness, that's pretty odd!"
5198-0: You see Cora Stoli point at bone ring (With wings spread back and wrapped around the middle finger, this exquisitely carved bone hawk stares out at the viewer with an undefinable fierceness. The talons curve under and press into the wearer with uncommon sharpness, as though reaching to strike. D∞D) held by Cora Stoli.
5198-0: Cora Stoli says: "*chuckles* It's true! There was a jeweler in Dragonloft named Amanita Dutta. She's the one who made my bone ring, but usually she made fancy stuff. She left her spawn island when she nearly froze to death, but the ship voyage was long and her leg was damaged beyond repair. Once she got to Treefeather, it had to be amputated."
5198-0: Mindy says: "what???"
5198-0: Cora Stoli says: "You find the strangest things when you organize. Like a leg."
5198-0: Mindy says: "Good"
5198-0: Cora Stoli says: "*smiles lightly to her* I've been organizing things like a madwoman. It feels good."
5198-0: Mindy says: "How are you doing Cora?"

And Sylvest song about the horses. Maybe it's because it was the last full song he wrote, but it's pops into my head all the time. I hear it as a very catchy tune that you will never know... Mwahahaha... This is the version transmitted over the radio a few days before the radiopocolypse with the added chorus. The chorus broke up the rhyme scheme, but "feed the horse, feed the horse, feed the horse" has a rhythm like a horse's gallop and a repetition that I feel becomes more desperate as the song goes on, so I felt it added more than it detracted. (Top down)

She spawned, the cutest girl in town. ~ Her humor, charm and wit abound. ~ She’s driven by a simple dream. ~ She wants to buy a horse.

We need to buy the horse my friend. ~ No simple bike or car to lend. ~ Her dream has now become my dream. ~ She needs to own that horse.

With saddle, reins and hay prepared ~ We made the trade to get the mare. ~ Her joy made my heart skip a beat. ~ And now she owns a horse.

Feed the horse. Feed the horse. Feed the horse my friend. ~ Feed the horse. Feed the horse. Feed the horse again. ~ Feed the horse. Feed the horse. Feed the horse and then, ~ It’s time to feed the horse.

She’d ride it in and out of town ~ Her smile, it makes my world go round ~ Her words, they took me off my feet. ~ She wants another horse.

Two horses, that’d be quite a treat ~ There’s one to ride and one to eat! ~ “Don’t kill the horse or I won’t stay” ~ She’d love the other horse.

And so we made another trade. ~ To see her smile never fade. ~ My friend he said to me that day. ~ You’ll need to feed this horse.

Feed a horse. Feed a horse. Feed a horse my friend. ~ Feed a horse. Feed a horse. Feed a horse again. ~ Feed a horse. Feed a horse. Feed a horse and then, ~ We feed the other horse.

We need to feed the horses, friend. ~ Their hunger it will never end. ~ We’ll spend our free time making hay. ~ We need to feed this horse.

We set to work to fill the trough, ~ While the fair maiden sat aloft. ~ My heart it sank to hear her say, ~ She wants a baby horse.

The herd from two to three it grew. ~ With each new horse a new thank you. ~ From three to five to eight and more. ~ Please not another horse.

Feed a horse. Feed a horse. Feed a horse my friend. ~ Feed a horse. Feed a horse. Feed a horse again. ~ Feed a horse. Feed a horse. Feed a horse and then, ~ We’ll feed another horse.

We bleed to feed the horses, friend. ~ Our work, it now will never end. ~ They eat our labor till we’re poor. ~ And yet another horse.

Then came along a trading man, ~ With jewels and sweets inside his van. ~ He bid her join him on his quest. ~ She left without her horse.

We need to eat the horses, friend. ~ We’ll all dine on beef wellington. ~ She gone for good, she won’t protest. ~ It’s time to cook a horse.

Eat a horse, eat a horse, eat a horse my friend. ~ Eat a horse, eat a horse, eat a horse again. ~ Eat a horse, eat a horse, eat a horse and then, ~ We’ll eat another horse.

We butchered up a ton of meats, ~ And cooked ourselves such savory treats. ~ With trade we made a fine income. ~ We’re down to one last horse.

It was her favorite, loyal still. ~ It took some heart for us to kill. ~ But once we did we had freedom, ~ Free from the reign of horse.

The girl returned without the man. ~ She cried “he was a charlatan.” ~ Betrayed, she wanted just one thing, ~ The comfort of her horse.

We told her they’d all ran away. ~ She cried but said she’d be okay. ~ She knows a way to ease the sting. ~ She wants to buy a horse.

Feed the horse. Feed the horse. Feed the horse my friend. ~ Feed the horse. Feed the horse. Feed the horse again. ~ Feed the horse. Feed the horse. Feed the horse and then, ~ It’s time to feed the horse.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:49 pm

5699-0.20: Poppy says: "What does Siom mean?"

Ok so that itself isn't that funny, but just yesterday I found out that Siom translates to "Disappointment" in Welsh. Today I logged in to find discussion about town names and their meanings in other languages. Too funny not to share.
thamior757

Postby thamior757 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:18 am

I feel like enough time has passed after witnessing this one. Makes me laugh every time. Bottom up.

5457-1.35: Harold says: "*he waits patiently for the sweet embrace of death.............*"

5457-1.03: It's raining.

5456-6.15: Harold says: "*tears run down his face* Thank you, young man... I always knew you'd do well, you'll do just fine here, just fine... *he smiles sadly as he puts a hand to his chest and seizes up, staring happily at Ernest as the life fades from him and his grip on Ernest's hand weakens*"
Circumlocution built under her expectant gaze, her lips ushering a soft sigh. He resigned, face flush. Next up ordered a venti latte.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:52 am

Bottom-up

6639-4: a woman who is very old says: "*She sleeps faster.*"

6639-1: A gust of wind blows past from the west, which moves everything in sight with great force. After it passes, the surrounding environment still seems to move more often then you're used to; the wind, the plants, and even your own hands and feet.

Return to “General Discussion”