Buildings on Boats

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

swymir

Buildings on Boats

Postby swymir » Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:25 pm

Has anyone built a building on a boat yet. I'm still working on mine. It's taking forever. It will be done in another week though. I'm just wondering if I will be the first one who has done it.
creepyguyinblack

Postby creepyguyinblack » Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:04 pm

Its been done a few times in the past but has been known to cause errors so it is not reccomended to do.
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:42 pm

If you try making a building on a boat now then you get an error saying you can't do it. Someone did do it a long time ago, but it didn't work. It would however be very nice to have a "cargo hold" or something we could put on the boats.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
Pirog

Postby Pirog » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:58 pm

How about building stuff like fireplaces or anvils?
Does it work?
Meh

Postby Meh » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:04 am

I'm hoping anvils could be added to bikes or boats. Even ovens or other machinery.

It would be interesting if their were paddlewheelers that required a wood or coal supply to make them move.
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:11 am

Pirog wrote:How about building stuff like fireplaces or anvils?
Does it work?

Nope, you'll just get a error message saying you have to build those things in a building. I think a boat (especially large ones) should be able to contain some machenery, like anvils, millstones, etc, those things don't really weigh that much.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
creepyguyinblack

Postby creepyguyinblack » Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:16 am

I know of a boat somewhere that has a small campfire on it.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:41 am

creepyguyinblack wrote:I know of a boat somewhere that has a small campfire on it.

I can't wait to fire is added as an element of destruction in the game (if it does). It wouldn't take long for a ship at sea to go up in flames due to the salt and wind drying out the wood. Those ships will go up like the fireworks on 4th of July. :lol:
Alcatraz

Postby Alcatraz » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:37 pm

*Cries* Then my boat will burn up! I'm quite enjoying the fire in the middle of the ocean! It keeps me nice and warm :-P
swymir

Postby swymir » Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:51 am

I've been working on this room far to long forme to stop now. I'll just finish it and see what happens. There is only 20% left.
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:07 am

98.2 percent done. I really hope the building will work. It wasn't easy to build since only one person could work on it.
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:05 pm

Ok I finished the boat house. It worked. I can go in start projects. Walk out everything. There are lots of errors on the page when I'm inside the house though. I'm wondering how it will look when I dock or if my boat will move while i'm inside the building.

Here's something I always wanted to know. What happens when you die on a boat out in sea. Or when you die on a path on a bike. Does the vechicle still move or does it blow up or what?
Thomas Pickert
Programmer Emeritus

Postby Thomas Pickert » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:48 pm

The vessel will keep moving.

Could you provide some details about the errors?
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:10 pm

Yeah it's moving. Everything is working great except for these 3 things. On the main page there are a few errors that appear like

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/cantr/public_html/locations.inc.php on line 355

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/cantr/public_html/locations.inc.php on line 358

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/cantr/public_html/locations.inc.php on line 361

These warnings are on my characters oage also. Just the character that's inside the boat though.

and next to my character inside th e boat near projects it has

Warning: Division by zero in /home/cantr/public_html/page.player.inc.php on line 191
(T 0 %) (P 8 %)

Also on my character page it has 2 sets of potions where it displays all your character info (age, name, project, area).

It has a set of options becuase I'm moving which is really errorered and it has the option to quit my lock that I'm building.

All these eroors only appear when I'm inside the building in the boat. I'm wondering if they will go away when I dock. I'm docking now so we should soon find out.
swymir

Postby swymir » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:56 pm

Well when I'm docked the errors disappear It's just when I'm moving. I wonder if I can build a smelter and anvil inside of the building on the boat.

Return to “General Discussion”