The I AM thread. (The 4-day rule applies!)

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

mikki

Postby mikki » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:24 am

I am a wife, mother and a leader. I have lots of friends but also several enemies. I work hard to make sure that everyone is taken care of, and that my home grows to its potential that I know it has.

I am a new leader due to my best friend passing away from the sleeping sickness. I was locked up under false pretenses to later return home to find it had fallen. I am working on Alliances with unnamed people *not giving all info out* I am in love with the most beautiful woman who stands by my side, has seen my weaknesses and strengths.

I am a Lance Corporal in the Alexian Empire, stationed in a different area. upset that when I returned home, people that were under me had received promotions, but yet I have not. I am engaged and helping my fiancee work on her dream.

I am a member of the Tribe Blackrock. My husband died of the sleeping sickness. I have travelled back to his home, and when getting there I felt uncomfortable. I was comforted by one man, but knew another better.

I am a wife to a wonderful man. We built a boat together and have travelled to a whole new island. We brought back with us a traveller.

I am travelling, confused as to what to do next. I seem to attract men that seem to fall for me. torn between two men that I love, I am fighting with myself as to which direction to choose.

I am now 37 years old, and have locked myself in my house. For the past 12 years I was with a wonderful man, who just recently was taken from me because of the sleeping sickness. I have argued and fought with my two closest friends who seem to have given up on me. They haven't come to check on me in about 6 months.. I could have starved myself and they wouldn't have noticed. I sit up against the wall most of the time, with my knees held closely to my chest. I pray that time could go back and I can be happy once more, to have been able to feel his arms around me, and his tender kisses. I just wish I could have done something that could have prevented his death.. I am all alone in the world now.

I am a Stone Knight who is engaged to a wonderful and caring man. We are preparing for war with Pirates that seem to frequent the coast. We don't spend alot of time together, but when we do it makes it that much better.

I am a Chief Deputy in a large city. Was at one time engaged, but I broke it off for selfish reasons. I dont know what it is I am doing but for some reason the women that I flirt with assume that we are in a relationship. I dont like hurting womens feelings, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I have alot of close friends, but only one in particular that I consider my best friend.

I am a high ranking Knight, who protects his home. I have several hard-working Knights under me. I seem to have taken most of the responsibility of running my home. I am engaged to a beautiful, high-strung woman who keeps me on my toes.

I am sitting on a boat with the man that I have fallen for, who has come down with the sleeping sickness. On the ground next to us is our dear friend that passed away shortly after setting our destination to find a new island. I left the island where my home is, and now I am desperately wanting to go back to my old life.

I left my home for a Knight of Flonder, to later leave my Knight for a King. I am now engaged, and will soon become a Queen. At the present moment I am rethinking the plans for my life. Whether that be leaving the man that I love or walking away from everything to start fresh.

I am a married woman who is married to an older man. We have travelled all over the island and have recently returned back home. I love my husband very much but a part of me wishes he wouldn't be sleeping as much as he does. I long for the attention I used to receive.

I am the luckiest woman in the world. I am adored by my husband, but I have a problem with jealousy. In the back of my mind I know that when I first met my husband, he had a crush on a woman and that woman had a crush on him. Just recently there was a huge fight between myself and this other woman. In light of my jealousy I decided to put my feelings aside and be her friend. What my husband doesnt know is that what I do on a daily basis is try to impress him, to make sure that he can be proud of me. I don't have many friends, and the ones I consider my 'true' friends aren't close by, but the ones that I keep the closest to me are the ones I don't actually trust.

*As she lays next to the man she has fallen in love with in such a short time, she thinks about who she really is. Still conisdered a newspawn, she came to this area because the home of her spawning had people that treated her hatefully. She had a friend that followed her and said he would watch out for her, to make sure no one would take advantage of her innocence. She speaks of herself in the third person, and was appointed the watcher of the rabbits.*
Surly

Postby Surly » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:50 pm

Again, as I'm bored... I'll update my cryptic list...

1. Veteran of the later Lad conflict, has found love with a distant Queen, who sleeps a lot. He is unsure what to do now.
2. A President, again. I think everyone knows who he is... :P
3. Is finally starting to escape the memories that haunt him. Looking to the future, and it is bright.
4. Married, and has a comfortable life. But his wife has started to sleep... and he is racked with doubts.
5. A rather boring character, really. Found love, and is just trying to hold onto it.
6. Trying to fulfil a legacy he practically worships, to bring glory to the name of a woman he loved - but who died over 15 years ago, and likely no-one remembers, and who didn't really know who he was.
7. Head of a religious order. Has doubts about the future, and is feeling isolated by the death of all his old friends.
8. Wanderer who has travelled for the past 10 years with his younger wife. Is finally heading home, so they can build a boat. :D
9. Ex-guard of a backwater nation, devestated by the death of the woman he worshipped. Suffered a mental slip and is optimistic by ignoring the truth.
10. Travelling merchant who is returning home with his new wife after yet another successful trip
11. Psychopathic killer who is stuck on a boat with his partner in crime. They found land, and now she sleeps... :roll:
12. Nearing retirement, he is ready to start a new chapter in his life. Still bound by the bonds he feels for other people, but is hoping for a happier future.
13. Member of a growing family, he has fallen for another mans partner and is torn as to whether to tell her or keep quiet.
14. Troubadour who is still hoping the woman he loves might return his feelings for her given enough time.
15. My newspawn... has a job, a partner of sorts but little direction in his life. Is about to make a big decision about his life, based on the responses of others... (hmm... 2 months has changed nothing here... :( )

As before, if anyone can guess who any of them are, I'd be interested to hear about it.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
El_Skwidd

Postby El_Skwidd » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:45 pm

I am...

-a long time citizen ignored by the young new government whose closest friend died years ago. He abandoned his city in search of a new life, but hasn't found it...
-an ambitious, yet level-headed, business owner searching for a way to pay his hard-working employees...
-another long time citizen who lives a quiet life trying to establish a business... not so much for wealth as for meeting new people...
-a Stone Knight with misguided views spared by the members of his order...
-a worker abandoned by one of his closest friends and by his townsfolk to work over a smelter with newspawns and the woman he secretly loves...
-a priest searching to re-write his myths, but lacking motivation due to the fact that nobody reads them anyway...
-a sailor, going nowhere in particular, with two sleepy, yet very funny, friends...
-a commander in a mighty military, worried for the safety of her sleeping unit and waiting for something exciting to happen to her...
-an author appreciated by his townspeople looking for inspiration from an upcoming festival...
-a lazy pirate motivated by the death of some of his friends and the mutiny of one of the crew members...
-a hunter searching for a woman who is probably dead by now, while at the same time preparing for an expedition to a new land with new game...
-a quiet worker with a crush on his boss and a secret plan involving their company...
-a haughty trader who gets little business, yet still travels the island looking for it...
-a would-be theater director who is changing her plans because she's stuck in a cultural wasteland with a population of about six...
-and lastly, a Spanish linguist building a boat so that hey may finally communicate with the rest of his island, speaking the languages "Kishnakotés" and "Kwatsdjurovés".

So that's me. I make an effort to play all of them, but as you might imagine, some are just... lame.
Cdls wrote:Explaining Cantr to a newb would be like explaining sex to a virgin.

Let the world hear these words once more:
Save us, oh Lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen!
DougBrown

Postby DougBrown » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:34 pm

I am:
-An Explorer, sailing the high seas in search of new lands
-A Pirate sailing the Seven seas in search of land and plunder
-A Strict Leader
-A Phycotic Serial Killer
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:37 pm

<Edited> I don't want people knowing who I play.
Last edited by Doug R. on Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah

Postby Sarah » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:46 pm

I am about to turn 80. I’m a former mayor, but my primary occupation now is sleeping and observing the politics of my town. I’ve been kind of neglected by my player for a while. . . .

I am almost 80. I’m the unofficial leader of a growing town where I have lived my entire life, though I have relinquished some responsibilities now.

I’m in my seventies. I’m the unofficial leader of a boring small town. I am wealthy, though not by my own doing: people keep dying and I end up with their things. I am frustrated by an older woman. . . .

I am in my sixties. I’m a more official town co-leader, though I don't really want to be in charge of a town. Although I am already wealthy enough, I have seen a company being developed in my town and I’m thinking of creating a business of my own.

I’m in my thirties. I’m a woman who has been on the verge of dying for a long time now. I am finally on the path to recovery, and am working to become a citizen of the town that saved my life.

I am a new character who is (was?) a thief. I am now doing honest work, but may revert back to old ways. I don’t talk much, but I keep an interesting journal, where I have justified my thievery but often state how much I hate thieves. I have potential for doing bigger things in the future. . . . :twisted:

I am another new character. I’m an unremarkable carrot farmer for now. . . .

I am a mean, impatient and ambitious newspawn, who wanted to find work in my spawning location, but no one could answer my questions adequately. I decided the man looking to hire me was an idiot, and my questions about what personal benefit I would get from the town’s guilds were unanswered, so I am now traveling about the island looking for a decent town to live in.

I am another newspawn who is currently working for a baker in a small town. . . . I don’t have any direction in life yet. . . .
Surly

Postby Surly » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:01 pm

Sarah wrote:I am about to turn 80. I’m a former mayor, but my primary occupation now is sleeping and observing the politics of my town. I’ve been kind of neglected by my player for a while. . . .
That one's easy... :wink:
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:59 pm

I am...

-At a loss. The occupation of my last 20+ years seems hopeless and unexpectedly dangerous. Quietly looking for something to do.

-Fighting to keep the shell of the organization that collapsed around me standing, despite the pointlessness.

-A wandering sea captain, looking for something worth doing. Never felt at home anywhere but perhaps his deck. Increasingly paranoid and hostile toward land-dwellers in general, but that may shift soon.

-A shop-keeper with largely collapsed hopes. Keeps trying to do business, but knows it's not likely to go far...but what else is there? Recently made an unsettling self-discovery.

-A sleeper agent, of sorts, trapped by a bad decision into decades of profitless work. Having gained some clarity of purpose recently, waiting for a chance to move. Incidentally rather sociopathic.

-A leading member of the government of an important town. Worried by the near-complete lack of accomplishment in the town so far, when not distracted by immediate tasks.

-A seagoing free trader, and thus far always an honest one. Drifting though an old trade route once again, while pondering his options for advancement.

-A good, honest, and reliable, though perhaps mercenary, worker. Deciding between possible paths for his future...either way, a change is coming.

-A young wanderer. Fairly amoral, lightly armed, mildly embittered by a job opportunity that closed out as soon as it formed, and looking for something to do.

I was:
-A freedom fighter who crossed the known world looking for a cause...finally found one, and ultimately died learning that the allies in her cause were less than reliable.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher
joo

I am...

Postby joo » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:49 pm

I am in my twenties and am expertly working on project 'Catching cod'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a male and I am in Siom.

I am in my twenties and am novicely working on project 'Repairing knife'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a female and I am in The Wraith - This vessel is currently sailing on a sea in direction 270, at 100 percent speed.

I am in his twenties. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am walking in direction east-south-east. I is walking at my speed, next to me, facing the direction I am going. I am am male and I am on Longinazy Road, travelling from Longinazy to Longinazy Forest (west).

I am in my twenties and am working on project 'Digging for mud'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am male and I am in Narnon.

I am in my twenties and am skillfully working on project 'Farming to get corn'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a female and I am in West Kol.

I am in my twenties. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a male and am in Blackrock Forest (Blackrock Forest Detention Centre).

I am in my twenties and am expertly working on project 'Farming to get carrots'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a male and am in Kirinn Norfields.

I am in my twenties and am expertly working on project 'Collecting seaweed'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a male and am in Jakara Hills.

I am in my twenties and am efficiently working on project 'Farming to get potatoes'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a female and I am in Akypor.

I am in my twenties and am skillfully working on project 'Collecting wood'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a female and I am in Blojt Forest (East).

I am in his twenties and am novicely working on project 'Farming to get potatoes'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a male and I am in Akypor.

I am in my twenties and am skillfully working on project 'Farming to get potatoes'. I wear nothing worth mentioning. I am a female and I am in Karnon.

I am french, and I wish to die...
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:06 pm

I am heartbroken.
ChillFreeze

Postby ChillFreeze » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:50 pm

I am working to make my Inn, the best
I am setting up a tool rental store but my partner just died
I have a Trading Post, and am falling in love with a wonderful lady
I am helping run a town and am trying to pick up trade
I am collecting stone for my stone shop
I am making glass at my glass shop
I am part of the engineering guild
I am a lonley man trying to live a quiet life but people want to make it louder and have lots of things so he helps out
I am a person that wonders around collecting materials
I am a traveling man
I am on a boat traveling collecting materials and trying to trade with many towns, now aligned with baak
I am on a boat with new found friends starting up a company
I am making fun of the town and its laws and customs
Debsy

Postby Debsy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:43 pm

Much like Surly...since I'm bored..I'll update how my peoples are doing...

Edit: Wow...I just went thru all that typing and it screwed up...don't feel like typing it again, so I'll do it later :p
Awkward: Having your phone go off full volume during a funeral.

Even more awkward: Your ringtone being "I Will Survive"

The most awkward: Coming back after a 10+ year hiatus and swearing I'd never come back. :twisted:
Surly

Postby Surly » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:13 pm

Oasis wrote:I am heartbroken.
I am sorry... :(
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:17 pm

The Surly Cantrian wrote:

i am confused

i am CRAZA!

i am about to start an international trading post

i have no reson for life.. so i am travelling.. making a map

i am working for a guy in the mountains for very good rates.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:39 pm

The Surly Cantrian wrote:

I don't believe you.

Return to “General Discussion”