Disturbing

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Meh

Postby Meh » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:02 pm

ephiroll wrote:
David Goodwin wrote:
Solfius wrote:but they make the game much more fun. As one character in Karnon said there's no point to fighting, but it makes things interesting

Combat is more fun for the player.
Most of the chracters should avoid it since it is a matter of life and death.
Some chracters crave it which is normal too.

"I'm opposed to war *under his breath* until I get my iron sheild, crossbow and plenty of healing foods"

There are plenty of people who like to fight and kill things, it's natural that a fair amount of chars like death and destruction, plus it makes things more interesting.

There are SOME people who like to fight and kill.
There are more that think they like it until they are in a fight.
MOST do not want to fight unless they have too.
Being a game, death is taken more lightly.

If you have one character in your list that is bent on murder then that is enough in my opnion. In fact a that is higher than normal. If you have none that are bent that is fine too. But if there is more than one in my opnion that is too many.

For all the other characters if they would do violence, go to war over xyz, rally a mob together that is normal too. They are not bent on killing they just have things that they would die for.

The same could be said about those...

interested in politics/laws/goverment - not everyone is IRL. Goverment would be very different IRL if their were more poeple interested in it. This is seperate than just "supporting the town" This is wanting to change how it is run. Now if many of these are clustered together in Quil that is normal to. An even ditribution of chracter types doesn't make sense either.

interested in business. Maybe more would be interested in business than in killing and politics combvined. But not everyone wants to get ahead materially.

interested in arts. This is a bit under represented. There is some nice poetry and graphics out there. The player base may be underrepresented in this area. A player who has these talents could give all 15 slots to it. It could only make the game better.

interested in science. There is no techincal progress in the game just new things from time to time. Characters should expirement. For example if you were trying to build a perfect army. Find someone with 100% health give them an iron shield and pass around a sabre to your chracter's freinds to see how long it takes to kill them with an iron sheild. {I wouldn't suspect someone would voluteer for this so just lock them up and start expirementing :twisted: }

out of ideas. Ho-hum characters are good too. Just let them do whatever until something that interests them happens by. This should be the widest catergory. People just hanging out until something cool happens.
rklenseth

Re: Oh really

Postby rklenseth » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:32 pm

Faith no more wrote:Two people are more then enough to wipe a town clean if properly equiped so how do you see it as organizatonal I should have seen a whole bunch at least 5 to 12 marching like and army thats organizational. Again how is this interesting. Unless of course you are looking at your characters like pawns and that's just not right cause then if one dies you don't care when the point to the game is you should. :evil:

If you're talking about my character then there is more than 2 of us. It's probably just that two were sent after your character. You were ending toward or around Xiria, I assume. it could have been General Sester Gartaf then again it might not me. There are more than one group of people wiht weapons running around that area. If it was my character, Sester would have given you about a day to answer his questions of what your name is and other stuff. If that didn't occurr then Sester did not order your death. :wink:

And I don't have my characters go around and kill people for my enjoyments. My characters have their own reasons for killing. Sester doesn't trust anyone that he doesn't know. He has been fighting a war. Would you wait for the person to shoot a crossbow at you or would you shoot first? In locations, Sester sometimes give more than a day to answer except there are some cases if he feels there is a direct treat to him and his people will he act sooner.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:34 pm

Unlike most players it seems, I go by what my characters would do in a situation. If they would kill then they kill if they would not then they don't. I don't have my characters to what I want and in fact I think Sester Gartaf is a revolting man.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:39 pm

:lol:, I feel like Cliff, defending the actions of my character.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:52 pm

In a few Cantr years, there may be a bored twisted genius slaughtering and looting...somewhere...with his army of thieves and bandits, muhahaha...And he isn't even truly evil.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^

Return to “General Discussion”