Disturbing

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:32 pm

I see, your characters must have been the ones refusing to give Sester the key to the outpost. If that is it, that is why he killed him for disobeying a direct order. And I guess you can call Sester a warmonger but to others he is a savior.

And I believe Carmen Riveria and her people were killed in Xiria by General Sester Gartaf and his small army. I know Sester definitely took out her people but he isn't sure he got Carmen but he did kill a woman in her thirties in Xiria that had notes on her to Carmen so he guesses that he did.
new.vogue.nightmare

Re: war

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:45 pm

g1asswa1ker wrote:Ever see war? I have not pretty just think it's a waste of time and life!

Just because we as players mostly feel war is a stupid thing, doesn't mean our chars have seen how terrible it is. Speaking of which.... :twisted:
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Meh

Postby Meh » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:50 pm

Solfius wrote:but they make the game much more fun. As one character in Karnon said there's no point to fighting, but it makes things interesting

Combat is more fun for the player.
Most of the chracters should avoid it since it is a matter of life and death.
Some chracters crave it which is normal too.

"I'm opposed to war *under his breath* until I get my iron sheild, crossbow and plenty of healing foods"
g1asswa1ker

Sorry

Postby g1asswa1ker » Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:55 pm

Sorry this is not my argument I really not worried about it. I've told Nix he needs to get his own forum account cause this reflects on me and I just think this arguement is pointless
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
Faith no more

Warmunger

Postby Faith no more » Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:28 pm

I still don't think that he should have killed my character I didn't even do anything to him I was just on the road and he decided to take a swipe at me for no real reason. What was that all about?
In every man sleeps a profit and when he wakes a little more evil enters the world.
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:17 pm

David Goodwin wrote:
Solfius wrote:but they make the game much more fun. As one character in Karnon said there's no point to fighting, but it makes things interesting

Combat is more fun for the player.
Most of the chracters should avoid it since it is a matter of life and death.
Some chracters crave it which is normal too.

"I'm opposed to war *under his breath* until I get my iron sheild, crossbow and plenty of healing foods"

There are plenty of people who like to fight and kill things, it's natural that a fair amount of chars like death and destruction, plus it makes things more interesting.
Last edited by ephiroll on Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:38 pm

it doesn't make things more interesting???

Was that a typo because it sounded like you were agreeing until that.
If not, then how so does it make things not so interesting?
Faith no more

it's just killing

Postby Faith no more » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:53 pm

And how does it make things interesting? I was working hard on my character and just as i thought it was safe and stable again I get waxed for no other reason but fun now I'm dead and you have to look for more fun somewhere else and I can't work with you or interact with you. So how interesting is aa dead corpse!?!?!?!?! :evil:
In every man sleeps a profit and when he wakes a little more evil enters the world.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:04 pm

It's interesting on a larger scale than inter-personal relationships. It is interesting in the sense of international affairs, and organisational feats of wonder
Faith no more

Oh really

Postby Faith no more » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:09 pm

Two people are more then enough to wipe a town clean if properly equiped so how do you see it as organizatonal I should have seen a whole bunch at least 5 to 12 marching like and army thats organizational. Again how is this interesting. Unless of course you are looking at your characters like pawns and that's just not right cause then if one dies you don't care when the point to the game is you should. :evil:
Faith no more

Karnon forest

Postby Faith no more » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:17 pm

Now what's going on in Karnon Forest that's interesting. Fear and oganization to combat fear. If they go to war it will be a large group that goes not just 2 or 3 but 6 - 12 No that's war. That warmunger General what's his name he and his friend are just the DC sniper of Cantr :evil:
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:22 pm

I'd like to se things change so there is room for more combinations of weapons. I won't say what here as this is genral discussion, but I would certainly like a better comabt system as that would lead to more interesting relations between groups as there would no longer be a case of "we can't hurt them so we must do as they say"
Rob Maule

Postby Rob Maule » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:48 pm

If you're mad that your characters near Lad. were killed, you should have read the notes when you were born. Lad. is a tough place with strict laws and run mostly by the military. It's like running around a military base and wondering why they come out in trucks and point weapons at you. It's not the place to go out and play.
ephiroll

Postby ephiroll » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:58 pm

oops, I changed that doesn't, and I agree with Robs decription of Lad...lol...best way to survive is to join the guys on the trucks.
http://www.ephiroll.com
Jeremiah 'Jerry' Donaldson
Faith no more

Postby Faith no more » Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:32 pm

Rob Maule wrote:If you're mad that your characters near Lad. were killed, you should have read the notes when you were born. Lad. is a tough place with strict laws and run mostly by the military. It's like running around a military base and wondering why they come out in trucks and point weapons at you. It's not the place to go out and play.

I was one of the people on the truck and I'm not mad I just think the general is a putts...Brown is right this is pointless :evil:

Return to “General Discussion”