Um...why?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

abbeyroad

Um...why?

Postby abbeyroad » Sat Sep 20, 2003 7:27 am

I currently have someone in Blojt. For some reason, I was dragged, as were about 8 other people, into Blojt (Abhol Building). Is there some discrimination that I don't know about? What prevents one person from controlling an entire city by dragging them all into a building? I don't quite understand this.
The resident newbie. Accept it.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:58 am

nothing stops someone controlling the city by that, except that you need more than 1 person to drag a person with max health into a building. Also if other people have buildings they can drag the would-be ruler into that one instead.
abbeyroad

Postby abbeyroad » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:56 pm

A pair of people dragged about a dozen of us into that building... and for why, I don't know. It just sucks having nothing for that character to do but pound on a door.
The resident newbie. Accept it.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:04 pm

You probably didn't read the stuff one the ground called the laws. Due to Blojt's past, the government there demands that everyone declare themselves, sign the citizenshship note or leave in three days. Blojt is very strict in its laws.

Are you new to the game?
Meh

Postby Meh » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:07 pm

I think there is something odd. 8 is quite a bit even for there.

Either way keep knocking once an hour and ask for an explanation. Drop a note etc.
new.vogue.nightmare

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:16 pm

Could very well be that the people with the key to that building left and forgot about y'ns ^^;;;
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
Meh

Postby Meh » Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:36 pm

Keep hope alive. Remember the one guy locked up in a prison for "three years running" that was forgotten about after the revolution.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:07 am

Actually, Blojt just had an inactive sweep. So anyone who hasn't said anything or declared themselves were dragged away. There are a lot of active players there so 8 doesn't surprise me. Especially if they were dragged into the Abhol Bulding.
Meh

Postby Meh » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:00 am

The thing I never liked about those anywhere they occur is the possible lack of info.

If you haven't been in for days then what is the likelyhood that you would have seen the warning about being dragged for being inactive? Ya Ya say your name rank and srial number or be dragged.

I just hope there's a note handed to the inactives, a note on the ground, and possible a 1g stone project that says "Look for a note".

This message brought to you by the LIP {League for inactive players} because inactives are someones chracters too... :P
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:41 am

Except in Blojt there is a cultural reason for the inactive sweeps (and they aren't called inactive sweeps; I'm just using that as a broad term). There was a time when Blojt was a place plagued by inactiveness and due to that people like Al-Abhol took control and murdered and stole. Wu Tang and his people came along and wiped out the inactives or those that didn't answer their messages and brought down Al-Abhol. From there the Commonwealth was created and to create order there were very strict laws defining that one had to declare themselves and sign the citizenship note or leave in 3 days unless given special permission by a lord. In the past couple of years though, Blojt became laxed on their laws and the inactiveness and lawlessness started again. Current events have led Lord Stewart and Lady Castellese to become strict on the law again. That is why these 8 people were locked up. I'm just trying to point out that Blojt has a long history of this kind of stuff and that is why it has been imbedded into its culture.

Ladvicitavoi is the same in that sense as well. That is why it is such a hard place for new players to start in as well as why there are some players who really hate it and are bent on bringing it down anyway possible, even cheating.

Blojt is also a hard place for players to start in but like Lad. it is the way its culture is. Inactive sweeps is a term used by players but it is not used in character but that is the general idea of a lot of these 'arrests'.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:46 am

Chances are if you are in Lad., you will be killed but you might be given a chance to redeem yourself. But usually if someone is doing projects but have not followed the laws they usually have less of a chance to redeem themselves because they were around but ignored the laws.

In Blojt, you will be given a chance unless you have committed a criminal act to redeem yourself. Usually if you show that you are active and mean to go by the laws than the Lords or Ladies will release you.

All I can say is that someplaces have strict laws and usually have a cultural and historic reason for them.
west

Postby west » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:29 am

better to be put in a building than killed

"back in my day" when i was first starting out
there were inactive sweeps everywhere...blojt, lad, even alenz hills. and they didn't mess around. you were killed like nobody's business
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:34 pm

True, very true. But that was before dragging was around.
west

Postby west » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:12 pm

Ah yes....

"Well, back in MY day, you couldn't even drag inactives away to jail! We had to kill them instead...uphill both ways in a blinding blizzard"
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
XBL

Postby XBL » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:44 pm

I remeber once, with my 2nd character, that i was killed for farming. I started farming on rice or something, and got killed. Now I know to read the laws ;). Allthough I'm right now violating the law in Lad., by going down a road which isn't allowed 8).

Jochem

Return to “General Discussion”