Um...why?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Chrissy

Postby Chrissy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:43 pm

Abbeyroad wrote: So I don't stay and hold a 40 page conversation with somebody. Is that to say I am inactive? I am a quiet person. So would you say I'm dead because I don't speak? I don't see how this game, if you guys can even call it that, as games are meant to be fun, can be based on real life. Real life actually has people with some sense of decency.

That's not true about Blojt at all. Your character dosen't have to talk at all. Alma Arrenson hasn't talked in 20 cantr years and Alexa died last time for defending her. So don't say your character has to talk in Blojt. It's hard for me to debate this because so many of the tings you are saying about Blojt is just untrue.

I'll give you two scenerios on how your char got locked up. 1: Your character introduced themselves, was active, meaning just farming or whatever, for a bit, then went COMPLETLY inactive meaning no, movement, no talking, no nothing for a VERY long time. And if your char has been there that long then you know rules.

2. Your character is born, and with every new group of 3 or so Alexa or a praetorian ask everyone to please introduce themselves. She let's it be known it is the law. Several times. If your char STILL ignores the laws, the your locked up.

On an unrelated note it's disheartening to hear that people think the people in charge there are stuck on themselves. Just talk to them. I'm sure you'll find it's just the opposite. Don't pre-judge, just get to know them :D

Chrissy
Chrissy

Postby Chrissy » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:45 pm

p.s. this game isn't based on real life. It's a society simulator. Not a democratic society simulator.

Chrissy
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:48 pm

real life is by no means democratic in nature
abbeyroad

Postby abbeyroad » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:46 pm

rklenseth wrote:

I've introduced every one of my characters when they were made. I log into this at least twice a day. I didn't realize the rules there... but why do I fall under inactive? I've been working and occasionally commenting. So I don't stay and hold a 40 page conversation with somebody. Is that to say I am inactive? I am a quiet person. So would you say I'm dead because I don't speak? I don't see how this game, if you guys can even call it that, as games are meant to be fun, can be based on real life. Real life actually has people with some sense of decency.

Not inactive more around that you weren't following their laws. You were unlucky that your character was spawned in a hard place to start. We call them inactive sweeps because it is mostly that but it includes people who obviousely aren't inactive but they weren't following the law.
Plus as in real life there are decenct people and there are wicked people. You just haven't met the decent people yet because you ran foul of the wicked people.
And by the way you can create new characters at this time. From what I have heard, you haven't realized that you can create more characters. I know this because you keep complaining about your one character and how it isn't fun anymore. :wink:

I actually have eight. Its not that I don't complain alot, I just want to enjoy this, not log on and find trouble. A couple of my characters are decently doing well, finding some good players. But I was only making sure the thing that happened in Blojt wouldn't happen to my other characters. I've been snuffed out of games in the past as a newbie, and I don't want to see that happen here either.
The resident newbie. Accept it.
abbeyroad

Postby abbeyroad » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:50 pm

Chrissy Spencer wrote:Abbeyroad wrote: So I don't stay and hold a 40 page conversation with somebody. Is that to say I am inactive? I am a quiet person. So would you say I'm dead because I don't speak? I don't see how this game, if you guys can even call it that, as games are meant to be fun, can be based on real life. Real life actually has people with some sense of decency.

That's not true about Blojt at all. Your character dosen't have to talk at all. Alma Arrenson hasn't talked in 20 cantr years and Alexa died last time for defending her. So don't say your character has to talk in Blojt. It's hard for me to debate this because so many of the tings you are saying about Blojt is just untrue.

I'll give you two scenerios on how your char got locked up. 1: Your character introduced themselves, was active, meaning just farming or whatever, for a bit, then went COMPLETLY inactive meaning no, movement, no talking, no nothing for a VERY long time. And if your char has been there that long then you know rules.

2. Your character is born, and with every new group of 3 or so Alexa or a praetorian ask everyone to please introduce themselves. She let's it be known it is the law. Several times. If your char STILL ignores the laws, the your locked up.

On an unrelated note it's disheartening to hear that people think the people in charge there are stuck on themselves. Just talk to them. I'm sure you'll find it's just the opposite. Don't pre-judge, just get to know them :D

Chrissy

In response... My character has been busy working since the first time I set foot/logged into Blojt. All my characters have. But I don't see how I could've broken any rules by not doing anything. I WOULD go and check them... but its kinda hard to grab items through doors...
The resident newbie. Accept it.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:32 am

abbeyroad wrote:
rklenseth wrote:

I've introduced every one of my characters when they were made. I log into this at least twice a day. I didn't realize the rules there... but why do I fall under inactive? I've been working and occasionally commenting. So I don't stay and hold a 40 page conversation with somebody. Is that to say I am inactive? I am a quiet person. So would you say I'm dead because I don't speak? I don't see how this game, if you guys can even call it that, as games are meant to be fun, can be based on real life. Real life actually has people with some sense of decency.

Not inactive more around that you weren't following their laws. You were unlucky that your character was spawned in a hard place to start. We call them inactive sweeps because it is mostly that but it includes people who obviousely aren't inactive but they weren't following the law.
Plus as in real life there are decenct people and there are wicked people. You just haven't met the decent people yet because you ran foul of the wicked people.
And by the way you can create new characters at this time. From what I have heard, you haven't realized that you can create more characters. I know this because you keep complaining about your one character and how it isn't fun anymore. :wink:

I actually have eight. Its not that I don't complain alot, I just want to enjoy this, not log on and find trouble. A couple of my characters are decently doing well, finding some good players. But I was only making sure the thing that happened in Blojt wouldn't happen to my other characters. I've been snuffed out of games in the past as a newbie, and I don't want to see that happen here either.

It won't. As I said someplaces are like that. You just need to learn how to get by and if your character does happen to perish then just create another one. As in real life, there are bad people and there are good people. Hope that you run into good people and steer clear of the bad people but it happens.
Chances are that all eight of your current characters won't run into that problem in every place. Someplaces are strict and others are not. Even if you do get arrested if at all possible try to work your way out. I have had characters jailed before that have either escaped or were able to talk themselves out. I have also had many of my characters killed; three of them my favorites (Master of Arms Falkirk Corla of the Drojf Republic, Lord Zak DoUrden of DoUrden Estates, and Councilor Thomas Covenant of the Second Council of Tircqi). It happens and I'm many other veteran players have lost some of their pride and joys. But remember you can always find new ones. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”