RP praise!

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Re: RP praise!

Postby Bmot » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Yuna wrote:
Poldora wrote:
Yuna wrote:
Poldora wrote:Just a few from my current experience:

- Ragnar, fantastic and detailed RP (along with another of your characters that I’ve come across). It’s honestly so much fun interacting with you.
- Tasmin, again, so much fun to RP with, consistently active and a genuine warmth that seems to run across a few of the characters I’ve met that I believe to be yours.
- Rune (and this might give away who I am to certain people), the detail that has gone into that particular forest and the role playing of the most mundane things never ceases to amaze me. It’s a honour being a part of what you’ve created.
- Oreste, simply for the consistency of the accent, that’s a feat in itself.

I agree with Ragnar and Tamsin. He was one of My favorites Dammit (still bummed about that crap) And Tamsin too of course.

Elizabeth. Love her.
Lucille

Charlotte is fun.

Elspeth. Top notch.

Now I think I've figured out who you play aha!

Lol it's not hard! I'm fairly obvious I think. I don't have a clue who anyone else is! Haha

Definitely fairly obvious :lol: I never know who anyone plays but you I recon I figured out quite quickly :mrgreen:
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Yuna

Postby Yuna » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Bmot wrote:
Yuna wrote:
Poldora wrote:
Yuna wrote:

- Ragnar, fantastic and detailed RP (along with another of your characters that I’ve come across). It’s honestly so much fun interacting with you.
- Tasmin, again, so much fun to RP with, consistently active and a genuine warmth that seems to run across a few of the characters I’ve met that I believe to be yours.
- Rune (and this might give away who I am to certain people), the detail that has gone into that particular forest and the role playing of the most mundane things never ceases to amaze me. It’s a honour being a part of what you’ve created.

I agree with Ragnar and Tamsin. He was one of My favorites Dammit (still bummed about that crap) And Tamsin too of course.

Elizabeth. Love her.
Lucille

Charlotte is fun.

Elspeth. Top notch.

Lol it's not hard! I'm fairly obvious I think. I don't have a clue who anyone else is! Haha

Definitely fairly obvious :lol: I never know who anyone plays but you I recon I figured out quite quickly :mrgreen:

Hahaha which ones? At least two should be very obvious! They are more fun to play than the rest.
Hommer

Postby Hommer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Yuna wrote:
Bmot wrote:
Yuna wrote:
Poldora wrote:
Yuna wrote:

Elizabeth. Love her.
Lucille

Charlotte is fun.

Elspeth. Top notch.

Hahaha which ones? At least two should be very obvious! They are more fun to play than the rest.

Elizabeth is my favourate char best rp i praise her and her player
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.

5211-1.20: You skillfully kill a hawk using a brand new screwdriver.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Ping in San D'Oria!

You make me laugh out loud at least once per day. In a life where laughing is rare, it is appreciated. :)

Also the "toddlers" receive a worthy honorable mention, so much fun.
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Seconded.

San D has recently been really proving to be a place of great RP from many sources. It's getting its own character that can't be found in other towns.
T.E.Shandy

Postby T.E.Shandy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:31 pm

I'm sure someone has said it already, but Ben and Grant in Omeo.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:47 am

To be honest, I'm not sure why people like Ben so much. He's a grumpy old man who hates hugs, and if Cantr was real life, he would be in a mental hospital, but in Omeo, all weirdness is embraced and everybody seemed to be ok with believing in Grapes and Apples (and Grapples). One of my characters knew Ben before he came to Omeo, and as a newspawn, he was just a regular guy, but when he decided to stay in Omeo, he went full scale crazy and everybody seems to have loved it. They came to Omeo around day 4150 but I don't seem to have the turn report for it.
Not-so-sad panda
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Because Cantr is not real life and there's plenty of regular guys and humor is appreciated. Not everyone likes logging in and seeing a bunch of depressing stuff. It's a game and supposed to be fun.
ManyVoices

Postby ManyVoices » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:40 pm

Not everyone likes Ben. I had a character put in NDS by him, so my character definitely wasn't a fan. In fact, he died from his wounds (I chose to let him die after being put in NDS). This was under the old Omeo leadership.

Also not everyone appreciates the insanity of Omeo. I had another character that spawned there and she felt like she didn't fit in. She loved her fellow towns people, but she definitely thought some of them were crazy or really weird, and she didn't play along that all the weirdness was ok. She made many a disapproving comment. She even called one of the town folk W.B. for Weirdo Beardo (Beardo being his proper name).
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:20 pm

To like or dislike some characters is perfectly natural and none should be forced to change their roleplay if it's harmless and doesn't violate the rules. Cantr is a special game, players play it from their character perspectives and I'm happy for it is so. Even though my chars don't understand them all I appreciate when players keep up with a creative rp style without being a burden for the community.
I remember Beardo Weirdo, your char was right to dislike him and of course a char may not fit to the place he/she spawns in or visits. Every char spawns with a different journey, it can end good or bad. Still I don't think anything crazy gets embraced in Omeo just for the sake of it, if so there would be a terror and they couldn't keep the place safe.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Big shout-out to the players of Idilyn and Harmonia. I love playing with you guys. :D
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:28 am

Grenadine, you crack me up. lol Well played.
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Thanks to those putting up with the temper tantrums of my little drama queen. :P
noturson

Postby noturson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:22 am

Praised be Omeo. It reminds me of a cheesy chick flick right now, and I am loving it.
Neva

Postby Neva » Thu May 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Anonymous praise:

Praise to the player of Elijah of the Order, it’s very refreshing to have someone play a not standardly nice fluffy character, especially one in a rather deserted area. Cheers to you.

And also praise to the players of loincloth guy (sorry can’t think of the name right now), Taija and Skaldi living with him.

Return to “General Discussion”