Pok

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

west

Postby west » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:07 am

Johny Waffle used to live in Pok. His player is 10 years old.
we've got them running around.

and i hardly think that we're unreasonable or childish just because we
don't necessarily want to hear what we've been hearing.
i think it's stupid, dramatic, and irritating...

it's like having to watch people make out on a park bench or in the middle of a high school hallway. for serious.

and since when did this sort of cheesy stuff pass as RPing? not the RPs i grew up with, lads and lasses. It's not roleplaying; it lacks something essential
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Susie

Postby Susie » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:31 am

No problem at all yo_yo. :) I always add my two sence especially when it comes to my friend missy. 8)
Missy

Postby Missy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:01 am

What ...? You think it's considered cybering? LOL...Role playing as stated before comes in many shapes and forms. Just because I MYSELF wouldn't walk down the street and say "Do you wan't my *USSY* DOesnt mean my characters don't ..and it doesn't mean that there aren't people in the real world who ask those things. DUHHHHH! You just don't like it because you want characters to walk around and be all ..."I love you will you be my wife" Within the first few days of the characters running in to eachother.
Perhaps you dislike what is going on because your character isn't involved in any of it. Not my problem.
I already apologised for what was said on the path or didn't i make it clear?
And as before...i still refuse to stop what has been going on in pok. Just as politics and life simulation building farming etc are ---part of what builds a town. So are the social things my character does.
Or do we not know that?
Lets see----in the real world we have govts jobs gotta work to get things. But beyond that there are social happenings. People falling in love, fighting in the streets doing imoral things, moral things, you name it. Thats what makes a world. YOU CANT have a simulator based on just how you build things and allow ANY PERSON who wants to ROLEPLAY come in and play it and not expect to have diversity. LIKE susie said...if you don't like it? Don't read it! (Thus was the reason for my post about the "social aspect of the game" that was ignored and removed from the boards)
My char as said before hasn't "fondled" anyone or proven to be SEXUAL in the middle of town. HE was on the path!!!!!!!!! And that I already apologised for. I don't think what he is doing in pok-has done directly in pok was bad or unsuitable for those who are under age.

Lets get realistic here--- you live somewhere those who appose my rp. And does everyone who lives near you - LIVE a life that is just the same as yours? Nah they don't. You may believe in god--but the person who lives next to you is atheist. You may think someone who walks around asking someone if they "want their *ock*' is immoral and disgustingly rude---but they might think you're a prude and need to loosen up a little.
And thats what I see in towns quite frequantly in this game. Everyone agrees with what the next person does. Not me. :) So deal with my *sshole like characters and get on with your characters lives.
What else more can I say? I was told the reason why noone comments on what kind of role play they wish to attract to this game is because they want diversity. So i think it's best if you keep your opinion to yourself just as I'll keep mine so long as you don't push my buttons! You can dislike it-hate it-despise it!!!!! But it doesn't mean I don't like it. :)

PS----Why did you bring my husband up? He's had a char whose had sex in game before. ITS RP! Half of my characters are dating characters whose player is female. GOD I like the cat! :roll: Have a good day. And..? Don't forget to smile! :)
west

Postby west » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:19 am

yo missy
no need to get all cheesed :shock: :wink:

it's true that all that is happening, and happens in real life, but what i'm saying is that there's nowhere public in real life in which stuff like that happens with the frequency of what's happening in pok right now is all.

nobody's asking you to stop anything; we're merely putting our opinions forward as we're entitled to. yo.

peace out
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Missy

Postby Missy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:20 am

Also---theres a differance between what I WOULD do and what my characters would do. I am married yes....thats the whole point. Can't you differentiate between your character and yourself? I think im getting turned on because my character just had her way with her man in the woods some where. :roll: Get real. It is role play, and if you don't know that YOU are lacking something essential! :)
Missy

Postby Missy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:52 am

Yes I argue against what you say WEST because IT IS happening. You dont think that if we were in medievil times and didn't have anywhere to comfort someone who was frightened that the whole town would see? I ARGUE because I don't feel he has done anything PERVERTED! ITS FRIENDLY GESTURE what he's done for kendol----that is disney. He hasn't pulled down his pants IN POK itself and said..HEY babeh..you want my *ock.

WHAT i said on the path was WRONG. AND THAT should have been said privately!!!
But I'm sorry---PEOPLE would see what he does in pok. If they can see him get hit with a sabre then they can see him Rub kendols shoulders as a source of comfort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is soooooo harmful about that? In fact I don't even remember him KISSING her in front of everyone.
Rubbing someones shoulders as he did is like --the prince comforting cinderella because she's nothing but a poor old maid for her step sisters. YOU are not thinking about what you read!
IF you saw EVERYTHING that Him and KENDOL say in private, then you'd realize that what is said publicly is DEFF disney style as to not --be so offensive for thsoe who are under age.
And IMO a 10 year old has no business playing a game like this ANYWAYS. Where are his parents?!?! You can't control the internet and what is seen on it. I can be mature enough to hope that I can remember to say things privately. BECAUSE it is the moral thing to do.(WHICH i USUALLY DO disregarding the times I've slipped up) Deciding on what i feel is acceptable and what is not.

YOu say people wouldnt see that in real life? And just where do you suppose indians kissed and hugged if they did at all when they didn't have a tp?????????? Cantr isn't based on today or the past.

Even with out the example above I disagree with you. If there were no buildings you don't think people today would kiss and hug? You can't refer cantr to what happens today because we don't even HAVE park benches in cantr. And not everyone owns a home. I keep the graphic disgusting sexual stuff in private as best I can (So long as my memory doesn't forget to speak to someone privately) Kiss-hug-rub-embrace is not what I consider sexual content. For crying out loud I've seen barney hug children. Are you telling me he shouldn't? A hug is a hug!!!!!!!! I've seen Beauty kiss the beast. Are you telling me disney should do away with that because children watch the movie??????? My character hasn't "made" out with anyone in game either! He's kissed-pecked. If he were to say..*Sticks his tongue in the mouth of kendol?* I'd put that in private. NOW tell me what my char does in pok is wrong? Tell me how it is any differant than that of childrens cartoons? It's not. And if you are taking it that way, you shouldn't!
Meh

Postby Meh » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:46 pm

=west= wrote:there's nowhere public in real life in which stuff like that happens with the frequency of what's happening in pok right now is all.

I would say most places IRL aren't like that. But there are places that are like that IRL sometimes and others that are like that and much much more all the time.

If you think that Pok seems like a constant "Girls Gone Wild" town which it isn't then move to another town. Or better yet start somekind of puritancal church in Pok. It would be interesting to see how that goes over. Save them from there path of destruction! :lol: It wouldn't have to be exactly patterned after real life or a church. You could just play one of those old bittys trying to change the laws to the way they want IRL. And blabbling on and on about it. That would be funny to see.

Now I do think that eventually there should be a part of the world created new where lewdness is not allowed and cussing is edited out of the game. This would be a kid area. But as for the existing regions I'd like to see more of a PG-13 limit imposed by the players on thier own chracters in public and keep R and X for private rooms and whispers. But that's what I like to see not what I demand. And sometimes "spring break" does come to a town IRL.
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:57 pm

How abt a town purely for "Dramatic and extreme" RPers? When u get them all together, the'll have double the fun and the others can go on whatever they were doing without scrolling for pages after having been logged out for 5 min's? (no offence ment).

Or an option when creating a new Char. "Xtreme RP ers" So you end up in that place automatically? :D
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".
"and so are we..."
They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"
"and neither do we"
~G.W Bush
Meh

Postby Meh » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:23 pm

Sign me up. It will take me a bit to have one of my chracters to jump off a cliff to get reincarnated there.
swymir

Postby swymir » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:32 pm

Pu them in Quill I guess. I have nothing against RP, I think that's what the game is for and I join in most of it, but today there were so many things in :: :: that my head felt like it would explode.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:49 pm

I'm there too! :D Only there would need to be more than one town for rp'ers, cause there's a lot of us! I think that there are a lot of people who play this game that are looking for this type of gaming experience. And Cantr provides it. Probably the only game out there that does.

Not everyone in a town is going to have aspirations to climb the military ladder, conquer other places, become leaders. Many are just plain citizens, living out their dreary lives from one day to the next, building relationships within the town, and trying to have some fun. I myself have characters in all of these catagories. Some (an increasing number) rely heavily on role play. Others, not so much so, probably because the other players in their towns do not. But when I have a char that comes across another role player, let the games begin :wink:
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:01 pm

On the other side of the coin, as I do have the ability to see other points of view, and try to understand them, I am sure that players who do not care for rp, as boring as that must be, do get tired of reading it all the time. Perhaps more of that can be whispered. But I sometimes think, and know that I find it true myself, that some other players might enjoy reading the interactions, and sometimes jump in and join. Especially new players, unsure of how to rp, it can help break the ice when new in town, as opposed to everyone whispering, no one talking, etc. It sure helped me.

One thing I like to do when rp'ing in public, is whisper some crutial part of the interaction, left out info so to say, leave them all hanging... :lol: If they want in on it, they have to join!
The Hunter

Postby The Hunter » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:19 pm

Owwww K. How about making a new topic in "suggestions"? It seems that there are a lot of players in favour of such a place. The XRPers as well as the "careerhunters". (New term, XRP, Xtreme role playing. : :P ).

8)
Life is fun. Play naked with Psycho-Pixie.

"Our enemies are resourceful and innovative".

"and so are we..."

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and people"

"and neither do we"

~G.W Bush
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:42 pm

Well, that would be great, but that doesn't mean my other char's would stop. They are who they are. Can't just shut off their personalities, relationships, dreams, and ambitions :D
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:24 pm

I'm not one for lots and lots of RP, but I seriously oppose splitting the game like that into RP, and not so much RP. I think that having RPers spread throughout Cantr is a good thing.

Return to “General Discussion”