Interface Guide (Wiki)

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Dndr

Interface Guide (Wiki)

Postby Dndr » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:34 am

Hi,

on the main page of the game there is a link to Interface Guide. Last update: 17 September 2013‎ (!!!). Is it possible to create a new version? I know it's a bit complicated, it takes time, but it's necessary to get new players... not to scare them at the very beginning.

I would do it myself but my English is not very good. There is no one in charge of Wiki in the staff?
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Re: Interface Guide (Wiki)

Postby Bmot » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:31 pm

The idea of wiki's is that they are community "built", I don't think staff actively supports the wiki really.

That said, you make a good point, if anyone feels like they can help make any of the wiki pages better, they are very welcome to do so :)
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:23 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't looked at it closely in a long time, but can. Can you elaborate on how the interface guide could be improved or why it may be intimidating?
Also, does the interface tutorial for new users not satisfy this?
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:55 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't looked at it closely in a long time, but can. Can you elaborate on how the interface guide could be improved or why it may be intimidating?

For starters, I think the interface has had quite a few updates since 2013, those won't be there. I can already see two or three wrong things in the first graphic, that aren't as they are now.

Joshuamonkey wrote:Also, does the interface tutorial for new users not satisfy this?

Do you mean there's another page on the wiki that does this, or is there a tutorial in the signup process?

Still, this page is literally the first one mentioned in the list of "the basics" on the wiki main page, I recon we should strive to have it display correct info :P

I'd be happy to try and find some time to help with this as well, by the way.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:39 am

I do recommend the guide by Nancy Lee.... very good examples and I don't think too much has changed except the radio rules < thats a major one, but not extensively covered in the "First Steps" thread.

This is a very helpful community so, if you have a specific question, ask! If its something you would rather keep private (there are many idea's!), then send a private message to someone you know of feel trusting towards. Few, if any, will give you the wrong info knowingly... we want more players who like this community and will bring friends who like to write with them. I am told that there are a few "tricks" that seasoned players know as well... find a friend here on the forum and a few advanced techniques to make the game more manageable and enjoyable may come your way.

We wish you all the best and are glad you are a member of this community.

Be well.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
raspberrytea

Postby raspberrytea » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:04 am

We need some new screenshots. If someone can provide those (or a test account to make them on), I'm happy to edit the article.
Money

Postby Money » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:27 am

Can you list anything that requires a screenshot? Happy to help, but no ideas what's needed.

Return to “General Discussion”