Http trouble. Help pls

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

jaytolkte

Http trouble. Help pls

Postby jaytolkte » Fri May 18, 2018 4:02 am

Hy all and happy new year. I have a problem, whem i connect with internet explorer 7 my browsing is very slow 5 minuts for open a html page. I dont now why i dont touch my setting is deafult with kaspersky 6.0 if disable the security service my browsing is very fast. My sistem is win xp with 1gb ram and centrino duo can help me?

Tnx and sorry but my eng is very bad.
PaintedbyRoses

Re: Http trouble. Help pls

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Fri May 18, 2018 4:37 am

Hi jay,

I understood what you wrote just fine.

I don't know enough about your kind of problem to help you but here is a forum I have used which has helped me with problems in the past. They are very knowledgeable. It's called Computer Hope Forum.

https://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php

You have to register to ask a question and then make sure to navigate to the page for your computer type and operating system. Then check to see if someone has already asked the same question before posting. It's pretty likely that your problem will already be asked and answered. You could probably just type Kaspersky into the search box to find issues with it.

Good luck!
Marlin

Postby Marlin » Fri May 18, 2018 5:59 am

MBAM is a good place to start. You should download and run this first of all to make sure your internet traffic isn't being rerouted by malware.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download
curious

Postby curious » Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am

Not using IE7 would help you. There are far more efficient browsers.
Also... XP with 1 gig..? Microsoft remove their support for XP years ago now so it may well just be struggling for lack of it's ability to host other updates... Java and the like.
Adding a different processor or memory at this stage will just make the machine faster at being slow, if that makes sense.

1. clean your machine
2. offload all the programs you don't use
3. change your browser form IE7

I still use an XP machine (still the best version of Windows IMO) and it runs only one program, isn't networked and apart from the program it runs... everything that can be uninstalled from it has been.

Might be worth a look... look at some of the Linux distributions... get rid of Windows all together? Linux runs very 'light'.

Return to “General Discussion”