The currently cooked food in Cantr will feed every character in the world for over 2 real years

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

MonkeyPants4736

The currently cooked food in Cantr will feed every character in the world for over 2 real years

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:43 pm

That is all.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Re: The currently cooked food in Cantr will feed every character in the world for over 2 real years

Postby Genie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Then there is an ineqaulity in the world so that food must be delivered to the different areas, because I know several places regularly in need of cooking and cooked food. We share that extra food and the problem will be solved.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
MonkeyPants4736

Re: The currently cooked food in Cantr will feed every character in the world for over 2 real years

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 pm

Being regularly in need of food is, in my opinion, the ideal condition for the game. It creates a -need- for cooks and traders, or forces choices about were to live. Easy "conflict" for the game.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:35 pm

And again Cantr mirrors the real world. 10% of the people own/control 90% of the resources.
Chris

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:28 pm

After you have tools, machines, buildings, vehicles, etc., what else can you do? At least food is useful, so you make food.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Cantr has become a game where there's nothing really left to do except produce and consume.
curious

Postby curious » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:48 am

I definitely have an image of one of my characters standing and simply dreaming about that overabundance of that cooked food,
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:23 pm

One of my chars has been cooking, preparing for a big party with 1000 guests ... but noone showed. :roll:
I think ...
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:00 pm

EchoMan wrote:And again Cantr mirrors the real world. 10% of the people own/control 90% of the resources.

According to one study, there's 1.5 times as much food produced as there are people. And another one says that 98% of those hungry are in developing countries, so yes. I'd say Cantr is more evenly distributed than the world when it comes to hunger (though in terms of actual storage, I don't know).
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:59 pm

How many characters die of starvation vs. other causes?
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:23 pm

Maybe Greek can find the number who die of starvation. However, starvation in the game almost never happens from true unavailability of food. Starvation is the "nice" way for suicide of newspawns, or players sometimes neglect their characters to the point that they starve even though food is right there in the food bin or right in the ground they stand on.

To die from "true" starvation, a char basically has to make a miscalculation about travel distance/time, or get lost at sea, etc.

Edit: @Chris: For some reason, I mistook you for someone who introduced themselves as a new player recently, and now realize that you already know what I said in the response :P
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Or get lost middle of nowhere ;) That's also other option for dying from starvation
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:23 am

Or be stuck in NDS with nobody strong enough around to move said character somewhere the animals won't put them back into NDS as soon as they're out.

RIP my Spanish character
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:21 am

I am going to make a food mountain
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Jaxon

Postby Jaxon » Fri May 11, 2018 4:30 am

PaintedbyRoses wrote:Cantr has become a game where there's nothing really left to do except produce and consume.

What about conquer?

Return to “General Discussion”