Don't know if anyone else has discussed this yet

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

llcoolj11
Game Mechanics/Programming Dept. (Asp)

Don't know if anyone else has discussed this yet

Postby llcoolj11 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:15 am

Does anyone, staff or otherwise, know what the he'll that strange world-wide event was??
Rmak

Re: Don't know if anyone else has discussed this yet

Postby Rmak » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:38 am

Gab nuking the radio

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28152

Some other form of long range communication will be decided at some point , sometime maybe.
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:02 am

Yeah, it was just event to give all chance to RP the change.. Basically what just happened was something like an EMP strike on Cantr world
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:25 am

Cantr is attacked by aliens?????? :mrgreen:
I think ...
llcoolj11
Game Mechanics/Programming Dept. (Asp)

Postby llcoolj11 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:26 pm

sherman wrote:Yeah, it was just event to give all chance to RP the change.. Basically what just happened was something like an EMP strike on Cantr world

Oh, well that's exciting
witia1

Postby witia1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:02 pm

I don't think that emp would be good explanation. More like some disturbances in magnetosphere as emp would kill electronics and magnetosphere plays important role in long range radiocommunication in our world.
Rest In Pieces.
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:06 pm

witia1 wrote:I don't think that emp would be good explanation. More like some disturbances in magnetosphere as emp would kill electronics and magnetosphere plays important role in long range radiocommunication in our world.

That is what I said days before the event!! :D
witia1

Postby witia1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:36 pm

I wonder what explanation would cantrians find. As science department in cantr is kinda strange land.
Rest In Pieces.
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:54 pm

witia1 wrote:I wonder what explanation would cantrians find. As science department in cantr is kinda strange land.

Its a really good starting kick for religion-thingys. One of my characters has noted it and it will include it in his/her/its next book about Cantrian Astronomy.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:59 pm

witia1 wrote:I wonder what explanation would cantrians find. As science department in cantr is kinda strange land.

I have a really good opportunity to RP it but I kind of don't want to. It doesn't help that one of my characters got totally screwed with the radio nerf. More than likely I'll just pass my RP idea along to someone else and see if they put the time and effort in to doing it.
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Millhouse wrote:

I have a really good opportunity to RP it but I kind of don't want to. It doesn't help that one of my characters got totally screwed with the radio nerf. More than likely I'll just pass my RP idea along to someone else and see if they put the time and effort in to doing it.

Sad to read that :/. Its a really good moment for those who have ideas and want to create something new to the game, and just feeling blue because your telephone connection has been maimed... Its like don´t wanting to go to your favs band´s recital because you lost a shoe or your brand new t-shirt has been torned apart by your dog.
Come on. Its not like there is no fix around for this, and actually a fix would involve pretty heavy role playing and a lot of activity. Adventures, danger, politics, treasons, commodities flow, trips... And only to mantain the communications.

Come on, Millhouse MANASTORM!! Come on!! Lets get up and shake the world.
witia1

Postby witia1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Any of my characters didn't notice that yet, but it creates so many interesting opportunities. I hope that regardless of change it self, wanted or not, cantr world will make something interesting with it.
Rest In Pieces.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:25 pm

It's more like the shoe that you spent months making by hand from materials you traveled far and wide to obtain was taken out of your hands just as you were about to slip it on your feet and walk out the door. Maybe the radio was just a telephone connection to you, but there are players that are a little more invested in it than that.
witia1

Postby witia1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Ok, ofc there is not only bright side of this change. I'm just trying to focus on positive aspects.
And I'm sorry that made some plans to suffer as it is unfair. I hope there will be some way to overcome that.
Last edited by witia1 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Pieces.
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Millhouse wrote:It's more like the shoe that you spent months making by hand from materials you traveled far and wide to obtain was taken out of your hands just as you were about to slip it on your feet and walk out the door. Maybe the radio was just a telephone connection to you, but there are players that are a little more invested in it than that.

And you gained nothing RP-wise from that? Nothing but making an item? No adventures, no thrilling moments, no fear, no... nothing?
What Im pointing to is most of those who complain and just looking at the loss, and can´t see all that they passed through in the middle of those 2 situations: not having a radio, and having a radio. Entire stories happened in the middle. And now... Hasn´t that any worth?

Again: those who are really involved with the radio thingy by sure they are going to suffer. But having the ability to see the moon raising and not just the sun going down is something they must learn... Learn, or try something new. Something that doesn´t dissapoint them. And I don´t want to point that life is one of those things that will always change suddenly and dissapoint,... But it is, sadly.

So get up, take someone´s hand, and walk by. Its an entire world of oportunities, and the long radio may come back, or may not. We don´t know it yet, but staying in the ground in total ... blueness? (ok, invented word here)... Is actually negative.

Come on, Mill :p. I would offer you mi hand, but its imposible. Because metagame barriers and because your characters might be years of distances of mine.

Return to “General Discussion”