Don't know if anyone else has discussed this yet

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Vanya

Re: Don't know if anyone else has discussed this yet

Postby Vanya » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:44 pm

Just between you and me... I ve lost many things in my life. Some of them still pierce my very soul every day, and I wont lie you: I walk in a perpetual darkness inside my own. But I smile. I try to see the good side of everything, take every chance, fight every storm, and stay steady. And take every loss as a lesson. Otherwise it will turn into a bad moment, and it will rot. And that will eat me from the inside.

Every loss, in my experience, has the same mechanics. Or you turn the ashes into something useful, or you become gray and die... Even if the part of you that dies is almost insignificant.

Its a game. If you leave, then try to take the good experiences and transmute the bad ones or leave them behind. Or just stay, and we can find a new sun together.
Last edited by Vanya on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:46 pm

We're long range radio broadcasts still happening for about half an hour after the event ?
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:53 pm

I'm just going to deal with the radio changes the best I can. Just saying, I'm not exactly doing back flips over whatever RP opportunities it may or may not create.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:55 pm

Rmak wrote:We're long range radio broadcasts still happening for about half an hour after the event ?

I noticed that too. I was active in game the moment it happened. The event actually happened twice, and there wasn't an immediate break in radio network afterwards.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Hopefully any future events can be scheduled with the code change so to avoid mystic myst repeats
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Millhouse wrote:The event actually happened twice, and there wasn't an immediate break in radio network afterwards.

All of my characters only had one event. But from reactions of some others around them, it was clear that something had shown up for others before it did for mine. And it was clear from a very few reactions, that some saw it twice. That was very weird :?
witia1

Postby witia1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:41 pm

There was initial even in English only (at least I think as it was shown in polish zone in English), quite fast withdrawn from events but still if someone was logged in got time to react. So some characters responded for even that dissipated later on and was replaced in translated message but with later time stamp than those reactions.
Rest In Pieces.
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:10 pm

What happened was the event occurred once, and then mysteriously disappeared from the chat log. A minute or so later, it happened a second time, and that time it stayed in the history.

On a side note, I'm certain that a few of my characters are now seen as crazy. :D
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:15 pm

My first thought was that multiple events indicated some sort of repeated "EMP pulses?." I wondered if it meant there would be several, and that one of them would eventually kill the radios. In a way, thinking there were multiple events, perhaps intended to repeat over several hours or days, was more intense as it would have made characters freak out more.
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:18 pm

Arguably, that'd be even more creepy and doomsday-esque than what actually occurred.
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:29 pm

Especially if the time between pulses got shorter and shorter. :lol:
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Tiamo wrote:Cantr is attacked by aliens?????? :mrgreen:

Does this mean I can spawn Little Green Men?
The dude from K-Pax, anyone?
Vulcans?
witia1

Postby witia1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:12 am

MonkeyPants4736 wrote:Especially if the time between pulses got shorter and shorter. :lol:

Maybe cantrians should get underground bunker and button to push to save the world?

I've only read first book of K-pax so I don't know full story, but if you will take only first one as source material then why not? If played as it was with this constant element that Prot seemed to be human just claiming to came from other world. It can be all as humans assumed, mental illness.
Rest In Pieces.

Return to “General Discussion”