Real Reactions to in game character deaths.

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Alladinsane

Re: Real Reactions to in game character deaths.

Postby Alladinsane » Tue May 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Never shed tears, but have lost sleep many times,
Thoughts and recriminations... thinking it over, and over.

I was worse on staff since I had to do things that I didn't want to.
It was with real people and not a char.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Poldora

Postby Poldora » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:19 pm

I've had many days where I've not only regretted but missed my old characters. It's the reason I've come back (again). When I had to unsub the first time I definitely cried, before I started the second time I wrote a kind of eulogy in the dead charac thread because it literally gave me some RL closure on the issue.

There's been so many times where I've sat on the re-activate page thinking of how fun the game once was and now I'm back, I don't know why it took me so long!

I'm not looking forward to seeing old towns, though a part of me kind of wants to spawn in one or two just to see. I've heard a few familiar names, one caught me so off-guard I choked on my tea. Never expected that character to still be kicking.
Shedevil

Postby Shedevil » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:02 am

There have been a few that have gotten me in RL tears. One that stands out is a characters husband who she had been with for pretty much her entire life. His death hit harder than I'll probably ever see because she's one of my favorite to be. A few others have hit pretty hard but that one was the worst. Also, when one certain account timed out, that also made me hit the X because that player was such an integral part of a few characters lives.
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!

Return to “General Discussion”