Sex issue - error 404

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Vanya

Sex issue - error 404

Postby Vanya » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 am

So... I have been taunting my own characters´s psychollogy every now and then. At first, when I started Cantr II, I thought some of them would eventually engage in some more or less sexually thematically situation. Ok. ... No.
It results that none of my characters are, and posibly none of them will ever be, "on the mood". Not even "on the idea". A bunch of them are orbiting sexually oriented scenes, but for one reason or other, they try to avoid the most and best they can that kind of situations. Something that never (believe me: NEVER) ever happened to my characters in any other game I have ever played in my entire life since... Since I hitted the teenagery (around 2 decades ago).

Have anyone of you experimented such kind of strange phenomena?
Moonflame

Re: Sex issue - error 404

Postby Moonflame » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:44 am

This hasn't happened to me, but interesting discussion point.

I never deliberately try to encourage or initiate a sexual or romantic situation with my characters. This reflects how sex/romance rp is not a reason I play. When I was a noob I had a couple of characters who did show interest in others first though. I'd consider it if I thought there was good scope IC.

If my characters are approached, their reactions depend on their personality, whether a romance can fit in with the other stuff they have going on, and what I personally think of the rp of the other character.
"There are precious few at ease
with moral ambiguities
and so we act as though they don't exist"
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:38 pm

A few of my characters pursued it (romance and potentially sex) from spawning. I decided it wasn't worth it about six characters in (even Snick had early interest but I ended up squashing that pretty quickly because it didn't fit where I wanted her to go in life). A few later were pursued and a few times I entertained the idea for a few... until 17 (I think it was 17) who wasn't supposed to be sexual at all but somehow became a nymphomaniac. I'm not proud of that because it corrupted me. She and 10 are the only ones that have ever gone all the way (which corrupted me too, though not as much). Nobody else since then, partly due to increasingly busy schedule. I don't seek them now, and I don't play enough to have characters entertain outside offers (not that they get them).
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Several of my characters have been sexually active. I've played maybe 3 mentally challenged characters (or 4 if you count Bessie, she spawned very childish) and this sort of characters generally tend to attract questionable company. The latest one had a couple of people teach her how sex works and she was disgusted by it. The rest of my characters have had full mental capacity and even though some of them are initially clueless about sex (like Blake Donovan) while some spawn with all the basic knowledge (like Coventina), they generally learn more through life experiences. I've also had several asexual characters, particularly my Finnish characters. Once this one guy tried to come onto my oldest Finnish character (Ninni) and she ran off because she felt uncomfortable with it. The guy also went traveling and never came back. I assume he died soon after but I don't know how. My youngest Finnish character Olivia got told by a creepy old guy that he would like to massage her with a banana, and thinks she looks good without pants on, and this was a character defining moment for her. I wouldn't say she was eternally scarred but it made her distrustful.

One of my characters spend years as a sexual predator, but after he was reformed, he continued having multiple girlfriends over the years. I'm not so sure what was so charming about him, but no one seemed to mind that he had a dark past or a continuous tendency to murder anyone who fell asleep for extended periods. In his whole life he never killed a person who hadn't given up on life.
Not-so-sad panda
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Snickie wrote:I'm not proud of that because it corrupted me.

You have my attention... Please, feed my curiosity. What means it "corrupted" you?

SekoETC wrote:My youngest Finnish character Olivia got told by a creepy old guy that he would like to massage her with a banana...

PFFFFFF.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I almost spited out the rice I was eating!! (yeah... Campaing´s food. Tasteless plain and simple rice... with salt)

------

Ok. Sincerity time. Even if I had... "moments"... Online with... "friends"... And even strangers at some point, I felt comfortable, fluid. Real. I guess I can identify the source of the problem for me (and my characters): emulating a whole scene in my head, I feel it like "too public". And somewhat artificial. Like... "doing the stuff", but by turns, and maybe you have to wait for turns to happen (I dont want to be explicit, even if correctly and politely speaking. This place could be roamed by underagers).

I mean... I did it even through forum rpg, but this is not the same. For some reason... And I guess that is translated to my characters. I guess thats my problem, now I think better about it.

Return to “General Discussion”