ISO A drawer

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

llcoolj11
Game Mechanics/Programming Dept. (Asp)

ISO A drawer

Postby llcoolj11 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:59 am

I'm looking for someone who loves to draw, is fairly good at it, and does it for fun and thus doesn't require money (just included that to make sure I wouldn't get folks that are just doing it for money, plus I have none currently) Message me for description of the drawing
Nikarus

Re: ISO A drawer

Postby Nikarus » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:20 pm

ISO?

And wut u ned drawn?
llcoolj11

Postby llcoolj11 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:49 pm

In search of, and characters mainly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:42 pm

People who do art for free are undermining everybody who is trying to earn a living with it. At least if you do it for free, don't put your 100% into it.
Not-so-sad panda
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:52 pm

I can do stuff but don't expect it in a very timely manner because... life... ;)
Vanya

Postby Vanya » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:46 am

Uh. This... kind of things... use to be troublesome. Specially if there is some money in there.

People who ask for drawers tend to try to correct you about shapes, details, ways or styles, and from time to time they change their minds and want another thing, more or less different to what they wanted in the beginning.
Nowadays Im trapped under TONS of rust, but when I was a teenager I used to be somewhat decent drawing. And believe me: If I ever draw seriously again, I will NEVER draw for anyone´s asking, nor for money. Its a pain.

Its really a harsh path to transit.
llcoolj11

Postby llcoolj11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:52 am

Well, I'm fine with just a rough image, as long as there's an image
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:43 pm

http://avatarmaker.com/

Sites like this let you throw together characters quickly. I know there are better ones than this but I found this in 10 seconds with google and made a close approximation to one of my characters in about 2 minutes.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Ahrta

Postby Ahrta » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Vanya wrote:Uh. This... kind of things... use to be troublesome. Specially if there is some money in there.

People who ask for drawers tend to try to correct you about shapes, details, ways or styles, and from time to time they change their minds and want another thing, more or less different to what they wanted in the beginning.
Nowadays Im trapped under TONS of rust, but when I was a teenager I used to be somewhat decent drawing. And believe me: If I ever draw seriously again, I will NEVER draw for anyone´s asking, nor for money. Its a pain.

Its really a harsh path to transit.

I'd like to add my two cents to this one .....as a professional artist,

The quick and easy way to keep something like that from happening is:

1) communication - You need to make certain you are both on the same page, and have an agreed upon amount as well as what exactly it is you are going to be doing. I also strongly reccommend a set amount of rough sketches as part of the agreement the buyer can choose which sketch will be the final piece of art
2) Money- Half of the cost up front....in my experience it usually the ones who have not paid anything that have the endless edits
3) Do Overs - after the buyer has chosen a rough sketch they want the final piece based on, any changes from then on will add an additional amount to the cost. (Make sure this is also very clear in the beginning before the initial payment) I think you will find that all the minor edits will drop drastically when there is extra money on the line.
llcoolj11

Postby llcoolj11 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Mafia Salad wrote:http://avatarmaker.com/

Sites like this let you throw together characters quickly. I know there are better ones than this but I found this in 10 seconds with google and made a close approximation to one of my characters in about 2 minutes.

Thanks, it worked great for what I wanted
beyond23

Postby beyond23 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:32 am

If you are still looking for creating an avatar - I think you can use this one http://www.theavatarmaker.com It is same but the updated version and more userfriendly

Return to “General Discussion”