Top 100 characters, 2016 edition

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Top 100 characters, 2016 edition

Postby sherman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:03 pm

Since people wanted it, here we go then! The 2016 edition of top100 characters :) Since Wiro's rules were pretty good I don't see any reason to change them plus no reason to change stuff that works anyway. You can vote by posting on this thread as usual or to directly to me via private message. Unless of course any staff member want to take votes too, Google forms will be only platform to be 100% anonymous this time. But I don't think this will be a major thing

If you want to be completely anonymous, you have to wait a bit for me to set the Google form up for voting (NOTE: this will need gmail). I will set it up during weekend

These are the rules:
- You can vote for up to 50 characters.
- You get 50 points to divide among your list.
- Maximum of 20 points per characters.
- Feel free to include a story for each character!

Deadline is 14.2, so around 2 weeks from now or if people feel they need more time we can extend it :)

Have fun!

E: Here's the form, I have never done this before so pardon if there's problems :)
Anonymous submissions
Last edited by sherman on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-
Millhouse

Re: Top 100 characters, 2016 edition

Postby Millhouse » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:59 pm

I'd say two weeks is probably not enough time. Last year it was two months. Granted voting started much earlier. Maybe split the difference and say 5 weeks. Or to make it easier say end of February )which is just over five weeks from now)
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Agreed.

Let me know if you want me to set up the Google Form. Should take 5 minutes. People won't need a Gmail account to use it btw.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:50 am

For the form just make sure they enter their username or something so people can't vote more than once.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:For the form just make sure they enter their username or something so people can't vote more than once.

I'm not going to lie JM, this irks me. It kinda defeats the purpose of the anonymity to enter a forum username.

I think we can show some trust in our fellow players. If someone is so desperate for approval or to make a point that they would stuff the ballot box of an imaginary word's popularity contest, that's a tiny victory I'd let them have. I don't think a google form level of anonymity is necessary, but for the players who want it, let them have it. ~my $.02.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
sherman

Postby sherman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:30 pm

I don't think that serves the purpose so I won't do that.. Though if I clearly see someone is trying to screw up with results I am forced to change settings. I think I can though see them from results.

I changed the date to later one now, 5 weeks seem a bit too long though so.. I am sure we can finish this quicker ;)

PS. Form is up now though I have never done one before and answer sheet seems a bit short but it's longest one available so I hope it's enough.
-Erwin Rommel-
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:53 am

Mafia Salad wrote:
Joshuamonkey wrote:For the form just make sure they enter their username or something so people can't vote more than once.

I'm not going to lie JM, this irks me. It kinda defeats the purpose of the anonymity to enter a forum username.

I admit I didn't even think about that when I suggested it, I guess because it doesn't concern me personally, but I agree with your point, and I'm glad you rebuffed my thoughtless suggestion.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Money

Postby Money » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Way to keep a cool bit of OOC Cantr alive!
JosiahH

Postby JosiahH » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Looking forward to the results, Sherman!
Slowness_Incarnate

Postby Slowness_Incarnate » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:50 pm

I didn't bother this year. It just doesn't seem the same.
sherman

Postby sherman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:52 pm

I will post the results in couple days :) And of course nobody forces you to vote, it's just one way to rank people.

PS. Couple votes I had to disband on the way due being either spam or not following the rules
-Erwin Rommel-
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:45 pm

Yeah sorry, I completely forgot to come back to this. Well anyway, good luck everyone.
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Which leader of a large town or group will win this time?
The results are usually predictable along this line... it will be somebody in klojt or zuzi, maybe a rau but I think not this time.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
sherman

Postby sherman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 pm

And here we got results! Sadly we couldn't reach last year's over 200 chars. We got to 84 this year.

Caleb Darkener 43
    Novus Loreis 39
    Tanya Frost (Of Kirinn) 28
    Gwendolyn Howell 27
    Jayne Di Knatri (Jae) 25
    Cora Stoli 24
    Elspeth Greenley 21
    Riika 20
    Owen (of Seastone) 20
    Ratger Elvin 20
    John 20
    Marco "Pablo Peculiar" Juliano Diaz-Francesco 18
    Liana (Of Kirinn) 18
    Otho Hamel 17
    Snerg 15
    Lincoln 15
    Carl 15
    Jester 15
    Dennis (wandered in Treefeather) 15
    Aros 14
    Nimue Goldeneye 13
    Rau Rowen 12
    Mina 10
    Moira Murphy 10
    Wilhelm 10
    Wes Dreykenburgh 10
    Milena Lowry 10
    Elizabeth Windowpane 10
    Chantel 10
    Sohalia 10
    Artax Wilde 10
    Rose Noni 10
    Sophia Reed 9
    Captain Flywheel 8
    Daisy lu Rolfe 6
    Sweetberry Eclair 6
    Sylvest 5
    Eric 'Big Guy' Superfine 5
    Bob "village idiot" 5
    Kenja Nightshade 5
    Rowen McLanis Blackrock 5
    Josephine Sunborn 5
    Edierin 5
    TinTin 5
    Claire of Dragonloft/Spectrum Boutique 5
    Emily Sue Tucker 5
    Rian 5
    JinJin 4
    Travis (in Klojt) 4
    Walter Garyscott 3
    Acheron Parthenopaeus 3
    Leafde Tanger 3
    Smiles Softly 3
    Gene 3
    Blake Donovan 3
    Alexandra (of Akypor) 3
    Lincoln (Link) 3
    Mike (of Mirovash) 3
    Taroh Nanoke 3
    Willa Walsh 3
    Mercy May 3
    October Skye 2
    Myst of Dragonloft 2
    Frank of Dragonloft 2
    Olsen of Dragonloft/Shortinazy 2
    James Sept of Brunoi 2
    Langston Kallum 2
    Marie Alexander 2
    Rune Tadmallow 2
    Charlie (Of Alexilad) 2
    Myk Nyan 1
    Arielle 1
    Beardo 1
    Button (in Scarab Haunt) 1
    Callahan (in LFE) 1
    Howie 1
    Mew 1
    Mikand Faithless 1
    Mute (in Omeo) 1
    Pyvao 1
    Queen Luna 1
    Smitty (of Brunoi) 1
    Soleil Noir 1
    Xiana 1

Last edited by sherman on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-Erwin Rommel-
sherman

Postby sherman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Mina -Despite being young, she's an original character, and the way she observes the world, learns things and subtly adapts her description and manners is a joy to see. Even her notes and every small nuance in her voice or expression is finely emoted, a pleasure to read. One of these promising characters.

Sylvest -He sings and brews, do I need to add more? No, really, he's a good story teller and cheers people up with his songs and radio interventions. Wish I had the mood to interact more with this char.

Eric 'Big Guy' Superfine -Just his description is awesome gross. But, in addition, he's able to fart, belch and make a wide range of body noises, so vividly pictured that you can almost smell them. He may be not the most active char, but when he emotes he's epic. Impossible not to love him, in the end.

Snerg - He was weak as can be, but as a player I owe his player hours of fun. A male character which was frustrating sometimes, a bit in the drama side, but complex and full of interesting and deep conversations. It was amusing to confront him with a strong female char, the dynamic between them was one of the rp I enjoyed most in cantr last year. One of the few times I could roleplay a true mentor-newspawn relationship. He's missed.

Captain Flywheel - A high profile char, with a lot to say. It's always refreshing to see someone still with the energy for big plans, whatever they may be.

Moira Murphy -A badass char well portrayed. Not exaggerated, but she manages to make clear she's not another friendly and flower-power-girly girl.

Bob, the 'village idiot' -He created opportunities to roleplay, and that's something to thank the player for. His spelling mistakes were funny to read, and the way he collected stories with that innocent curiosity was lovely. I admit my char found him slightly annoying at first, but grew fond of him, and it was sad to see him passing.

Myk nyan (for being the most annoying character with out a purpose).

Otho Hamel - He is a master of propriety. But underneath that is something more, and few people get to see it. He walks that fine line so well.

Lincoln - He is so fabulous and his attention to detail is amazing. I sincerely hope he comes back to us in full force one day. His presence is very missed.

Gwendolyn Howell -She was fantastic. She really knew people and how to make them feel special and important. Her prolonged sleepiness and subsequent death left mine with a mixture of feelings that continually fed into each other. Anger, frustration, hurt, betrayal, abandonment, deep sadness.. and I know mine wasn't the only one.

Kenja Nightshade - She was wonderful, and both I and my character are sad we didn't get to know her longer. Mine may not have ever returned her feelings in the same way, but she is dearly missed.

Rowen McLanis Blackrock - He's another whose attention to detail is just 'fucken' amazing.

Daisy Lu Rolfe - She's so supportive and punny. How can one not adore her?

Walter Garyscott - Such a thoughtful guy. His work is great, and my character looks forward to each new piece.

October Skye - Come back! The scarabs are taking over! They might even be hiding in your bunk!

Marco "Pablo Peculiar" Juliano Diaz-Francesco - Every time he comes around, my character's elated and looks forward to hearing about his newest invention or seeing his newest toy.

Carl;
Great accent, great vernacular, great character.

Jester;
Did something that I had not seen before; it looked fun for him, and for several other characters, and even for bystanders.

Elspeth Greenley;
Admirably wakeful, and really receptive to roleplaying with random newspawns (even though she must meet 100 a day!).

Liana (of Kirinn);
Tanya (of Kirinn);
Have enjoyed arguing with both of these characters.

Dennis (wanderer on Treefeather);
Good at telling stories about places he has been; and plays a handicap in a subtle, respectful way.

And here's the stories :) Thank you for all who voted and made this possible.
-Erwin Rommel-

Return to “General Discussion”