Have you ever regretted yourself about creating some character?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Vanya

Have you ever regretted yourself about creating some character?

Postby Vanya » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:49 am

The tittle says all.

Have you ever regretted some of you characters? Why?

I´ve actually found myself deeply regretting one of my characters. It has one week and half, and I would actually kick it in the rear for goodness. I can´t leave it sleep forever because I don´t see it right, but I try to postpone playing it every day the most I can (but I play it everyday, anyway).
All I can say is... I made it after some shaping lines of the Captain Zapp from Futurama. And oh god!!... I will never do such kind of thing again. I hate it. I really hate the poor dude.
Mafia Salad

Re: Have you ever regretted yourself about creating some character?

Postby Mafia Salad » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:17 am

Yep, I've had at least one on every account. Black Diamond was one, I intended that he be mysterious, but instead he just came across as shifty and untrustworthy. Like wearing sunglasses and a hat indoors. If I would have figured it out sooner I could have played him into a more roguish character but instead he got stuck in a very dull limbo between trying to be a good citizen and having nobody at all cooperate with him.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:21 am

I've regretted several of my characters. The one I regretted the most was Yvonne Rapothraw. Her only outstanding feature was that her hair was silver/white at spawning. She had no personality at all, so I had no idea what I wanted to do with her. She ended up burying dozens of corpses because back before the eating sickness, it was customary just to stick bodies on burial projects and never finish them. Oh and she wanted to protect animals, on an island that had no fiber sources at all, so the only clothing option was leather. I never enjoyed playing her.
Not-so-sad panda
muidoido

Postby muidoido » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Many times. I don't have the gift of making interesting chars in boring places...
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Every character that was ever in a position of authority, except maybe 7 (the regret there was almost purely IG), became a regret for me. I don't have the time or will to play a leader.

1 only became a regret when he returned with the girlfriend to their hometown and I suddenly lost interest. He was devastated.

5, 11, 12, 13 (to a slightly lesser degree), 15, and 16 were regrets for most of their lives.

I don't regret parts of 1 and 2. I don't regret 3, 6, 8 (except for his death), and 14 at all.

I'm rather neutral on 4, 9, 10, and 17.
Genie
LO - Turkish/RD - Tailor

Postby Genie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:33 pm

I'm regret of killing some chars with personality because of not so important reasons. I couldn't connect with the ones I spawned after them or they exactly spawned at the same place.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:41 am

It seems the only way I spawn new characters is in bulk. I throw a bunch of newspawns into the world, each with a unique trait/aspiration/personality. Environmental factors including location and townsfolk determine whether or not they become interesting enough to play. Seems about 50% make it through the first Cantr year and then the rest I keep forever. Just under 50% of my original characters are still around for example.
Ahrta

Postby Ahrta » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:10 pm

So far I have only regretted one...

But then I have not been playing as long as many others.
I have had one that I did not regret spawning but later regretted a few decisions that led to her death....does that count?
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:22 pm

I regretted spawning too many. I had 14 at one point and was saving my final slot for something special. Then I realized how small this giant world actually is. I've since cut the number of characters by more than half and I regret nothing.

Return to “General Discussion”