Keeping an air of positivity on the forums?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Keeping an air of positivity on the forums?

Postby sanchez » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Back to topic, I vote we give Rmak his very own dedicated subforum, so anyone wishing to read all he has to say will always know where to find it, and it might save him the trouble of repeating himself.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:54 pm

sanchez wrote:Back to topic, I vote we give Rmak his very own dedicated subforum, so anyone wishing to read all he has to say will always know where to find it, and it might save him the trouble of repeating himself.

That's not on-topic, really, in my perception, and[edited: If we see any blatant attacks...report them] as I see it... no need to single any one player out....though a "complaints" as a sub-forum is a good idea... And already exists! :D I have not followed the "flame war" between Rmak and folks, that seems to be a Thing here... c'est la vie.

Back on Topic, I am glad the forums are public and folks can discuss things.
Negative discussions should remain visible, even if split into a sub-section of the forums. Discussion of honest concerns is a valid "tone" of the community. Many forums tend to go in cycles too, with positive awesomeness happening over time, and some moments of Emotional Upheaval. No need to censor it, in my opinion.
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:27 pm

sanchez wrote:Back to topic, I vote we give Rmak his very own dedicated subforum, so anyone wishing to read all he has to say will always know where to find it, and it might save him the trouble of repeating himself.

Oh sad trombone for rmak :lol:

I know you like to pretend Im the only one that complains but please note other user accounts do to ( these are the ones that don't have a username of rmak ). I don't need my own sub forum , though if I did I could have ' contradictions' quote .

There is no flame war , just seem people being really really defensive now their actions are being talked about but being singled out does seem to be repeating issue.

I think I'll sit back now and watch the passive aggressive fun, I'm sure I'll post if I have any interesting discoveries
Last edited by Rmak on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
andrzejek

Postby andrzejek » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:40 pm

MattWithoos wrote:If you don't want to team up and solve it, then all I can ask is that you please stop bringing it up.

If you do want to team up, I'm here to help. Send me a PM, reach out to me in IRC. Otherwise... seriously, friend, it's pointless.

who are you
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 pm

andrzejek wrote:
MattWithoos wrote:If you don't want to team up and solve it, then all I can ask is that you please stop bringing it up.

If you do want to team up, I'm here to help. Send me a PM, reach out to me in IRC. Otherwise... seriously, friend, it's pointless.

who are you

I don't think you have to be on staff to help.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:14 am

That's the point I'm trying to make. Two, actually.

1. Staff need our help. Staff want our help.

2. Some players don't want to fix the problems.

I'm willing to bet actual money that if Rmak starts with one problem, we could work together to fix it. Then we move on to the next problem, and the next, gaining momentum.

But truly our first problem is that people would rather complain than fix the problems. If we can't fix that, we can't fix the other problems. Worse yet, if we don't want to fix the problems, then I'd rather we not talk about it again and again and again. It's kinda pointless, right? The problems aren't going to fix themselves.
altoids

Postby altoids » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:58 am

MattWithoos wrote:That's the point I'm trying to make. Two, actually.

1. Staff need our help. Staff want our help.

2. Some players don't want to fix the problems.

I'm willing to bet actual money that if Rmak starts with one problem, we could work together to fix it. Then we move on to the next problem, and the next, gaining momentum.

But truly our first problem is that people would rather complain than fix the problems. If we can't fix that, we can't fix the other problems. Worse yet, if we don't want to fix the problems, then I'd rather we not talk about it again and again and again. It's kinda pointless, right? The problems aren't going to fix themselves.

Most of the problems are directly linked to staff behavior, such as overly censoring critical voices on the forum, enforcing rules differently for different language groups and refusing to tell players how they interpret the CR. How do you propose that the players go about changing staff attitudes except for bringing up the problems until something changes? Or is this one of the problems you'd rather see that people shut up about since it's never going to change?
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks for sharing specific problems. These are really good. I interpret three specific problems:

1. staff overly censoring critical voices on the forum
2. staff enforcing rules differently for different language groups
3. staff refusing to tell players how they interpret the CR

These are tricky problems, and I don't have any idea which to start with. But I genuinely see a path to resolution for all three.

Here's a start: I will make three threads in the Staff Feedback forum for us to talk about each one in depth, in a friendly and positive manner, involving staff's point of view as well.
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:26 am

As promised, I have created a framework for beginning to solve these problems.

I hope this gives Rmak enough trust that I want to help, and he too shares some problems.

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=27839 - Player Concerns I: Staff claimed to censor critical voices on the forum
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=27840 - Player Concerns II: Staff enforcing rules differently for different language groups
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=27841 - Player Concerns III: Staff refusing to tell players how they interpret the CR

Return to “General Discussion”