Locked PLayer

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Rmak

Locked PLayer

Postby Rmak » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:55 am

Hi,

How does a locked or forum banned player appeal their sentence (If they have shown sufficient remorse and want to re-integrate with society etc) ?

Cheers
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
MattWithoos

Re: Locked PLayer

Postby MattWithoos » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:19 am

As far as I'm aware it's essentially impossible, especially if it's a permanent ban.

However, my only recommendation to them would be to find ways to really prove they are "reformed" or will add so much to the forums that it pays doubly for both the reason they were banned AND pays for the effort the PD went through in processing, assessing and judging their ban. This is a pretty tremendous task.

This will be a year long process, I suspect. It's not easy to regain the trust of people you've burned. Suggest to them that they start on IRC, really demonstrating their new attitude. Take it IC too - be a good player, across the board (from no cheating or no gray area stuff through to great roleplay and being a good addition to the story etc). Offer in IRC to help with various tasks; and follow through.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:50 am

MattWithoos' recommendation is fairly accurate. It's not common with a permanent ban, but it's definitely a case by case basis. They can send me an email at joshua@cantr.org. And yes, being a good sport in the game (not breaking rules, cooperating with PD) helps show that you can be trusted to contribute healthily to the forum.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 am

Joshuamonkey wrote:MattWithoos' recommendation is fairly accurate. It's not common with a permanent ban, but it's definitely a case by case basis. They can send me an email at joshua@cantr.org. And yes, being a good sport in the game (not breaking rules, cooperating with PD) helps show that you can be trusted to contribute healthily to the forum.

but as returner has been allowed back in then it can be done ?
Quote Wolfsong:

MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:04 am

Whoever said anything about a ban? :lol: I'm returner! I return to the forums after a period of inactivity ;)

edit: Yes, but as Joshua explained - and confirmed with my post - it's so extremely unlikely. Any person who was granted a removal of their permanent ban went to extreme lengths to prove they were reformed. Like, not days or weeks, but months.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:12 am

MattWithoos wrote:Whoever said anything about a ban? :lol: I'm returner! I return to the forums after a period of inactivity ;)

edit: Yes, but as Joshua explained - and confirmed with my post - it's so extremely unlikely. Any person who was granted a removal of their permanent ban went to extreme lengths to prove they were reformed. Like, not days or weeks, but months.

Your forum account was locked wasn't it hence my question?
Quote Wolfsong:

pulkownikarnold

Postby pulkownikarnold » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:14 am

MattWithoos wrote:it's so extremely unlikely. Any person who was granted a removal of their permanent ban went to extreme lengths to prove they were reformed. Like, not days or weeks, but months.

That's a little bit harsh IMO - especially now, when Cantr have problems with decreasing player count. A ban should be the last option.
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:19 am

Ah sure, I agree. But let's make sure we are talking about the same thing, first.

There's a difference between a ban, and a permanent ban. You need to do something pretty bad to get a permanent one.

And a dwindling player base isn't necessarily a good argument to allow everyone in. What about cheaters, hackers, spammers and trolls? For every one of those you let in, 2 more will quit.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:27 pm

MattWithoos wrote:it's so extremely unlikely

pulkownikarnold wrote:A ban should be the last option

Really part of the reason it's rare is because bans like this don't happen very often in the first place. Of course spammers are banned, but for normal users it's rare (like a few times a year?), both for the forum and for the game, though there may have been times in the past where a bunch of users have been banned from the forum.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.

Return to “General Discussion”