What would you make with these resources?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

What would you make with these resources?

Postby SekoETC » Fri May 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Character X has access to: apples, asparagus, bananas, basil, barley, blackberries, blueberries, carrots, cloves, coconuts, coffee cherries, corn, cucumbers, curly kale, dill, gas, ginger, grapes, lemons, maple sap, mushrooms, nuts, olives, onions, potatoes, raspberries, rye, sage, salt, seaweed, spinach, strawberries, sugar, tea leaves, tomatoes, wheat; meat, eggs, milk, bones; clay, gas, coal, wood, stone, mud, propane, iron, steel.

So no domesticated animal meats.

He has made bread, cooked meat, saag aloo, sauerkraut, pickles, cornbread, meat jerky and kisiel. His main diet is saag aloo and cooked meat.

The question is what should he make next? I feel his diet is still limited.
Not-so-sad panda
Undine

Re: What would you make with these resources?

Postby Undine » Fri May 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Ah, but would this not be OOC influence? ;) Just kidding!

How about apple pie, candied ginger, and carrot stew? I got them off of the "Vegan foods" page of the wiki :) http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Vegan_foods
Alutka

Postby Alutka » Fri May 20, 2016 2:01 pm

SekoETC wrote:He has made bread, cooked meat, saag aloo, sauerkraut, pickles, cornbread, meat jerky and kisiel. His main diet is saag aloo and cooked meat.

I feel sooooooooo envious now!! I want to have a char who will be making sauerkraut! For some reason non of my characters are in a position to do so :(. If your character is like the real me, then he should be able to live on sauerkraut, he wouldn't need anything else, I swear. (well, perhaps lard, but one can't make it IC).

As for your question: you could make aspic if you have access to water. Also, potato salad, mushroom soup, stew...
“Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. He is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri May 20, 2016 2:10 pm

He does have a well. He doesn't have a tandoor, though, since he's never made bricks. Do you think it would be worth investing in a tandoor? The other things he has are an oven, a kitchen table, a campstove, a salting barrel and a tajine. I think he also has a smoker but I can't remember for sure.
Not-so-sad panda
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Fri May 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Okay, so...gonna narrow this down a little more since there's been other replies while I typed...

Cream of onion soup
Spinach pie
Grilled asparagus
Baked potatoes/fries
Roasted carrots
Burgers
Pizza
Tamales, tacos and pupusas
Pasta dishes like lasagna, mac and cheese (got olives, so can do gourmet with vegetables too)
Various fruit juices

If you do make a tandoor, then also:
Roasted potatoes
Vegetable cakes
Meatloaf
Kebabs
Gingerbread
Raspberry jam
Pierogi

Soooooooo many options, and that still wouldn't be all! I bet a lot of characters would be kind of jealous at the choice yours has! :lol:
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri May 20, 2016 4:00 pm

I'm going to go ahead and invest in a tandoor. It's a shame that my character doesn't know there's a sheep farming community nearby because he hasn't been down that way in years. It would be OOC to go there, so he can't get mutton.
Not-so-sad panda
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Fri May 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Piernik if you make a tandoor. It's not a nourishing food but its a really good healing food if you have the resources (which you do)
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Fri May 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Millhouse wrote:Piernik if you make a tandoor. It's not a nourishing food but its a really good healing food if you have the resources (which you do)

Piernik doesn't actually need the tandoor - the ingredients (included in my list) do. I'm personally not sure how worthwhile it ends up being after such a long process, but maybe that's just because I didn't have an expert cook making it? :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”