are animals too weak?

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Chemosh

Re: are animals too weak?

Postby Chemosh » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:10 pm

It seems to me that animals are quite strong when you don't have a high enough skill in hunting but kind of a joke once you get enough skill. The only character I have ever spawned happened to start expert at hunting and was stopping elephant attacks with a wooden shield. Meanwhile, a new spawn in town was immediately given an iron shield and is still getting hurt by animals as they have novice hunting. Perhaps, the problem isn't that the animals are too weak but that the hunting skill scales too well? Even when I was in the most dangerous place for animal attacks that I have ever seen while exploring I was never in any danger. Even though I was the only one there and there were lots of animals they couldn't do anything to me.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:13 pm

It's been said above, but yep. Animals seem well balanced. I've lost a couple to critters recently (ARGH!) even with an iron shield, and unlucky sleeping over some hours outside. (yes, with active strategy, you can avoid a lot of this, but still, I think that's somewhat "gaming the system" sometimes).

I am surprised to learn about "the strength of the pack is related to the strength of the weak animal?!?"
That is... an interesting Spoiler?

Repopulating a few "extinct" animals might be fun, (Do animals migrate between towns? They should! .. then seed some rural locations and watch what happens?)
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
sherman
Public Relations Chair/Translator-Finnish (PR)

Postby sherman » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:16 am

Animals do migrate between towns but only places where they can love. So basically usually wolves or other animals with many possible habitat places.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
-Erwin Rommel-

Return to “General Discussion”