Cantr II Webzine - Articles Needed!

General out-of-character discussion among players of Cantr II.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Undine

Cantr II Webzine - Articles Needed!

Postby Undine » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:31 pm

Hello everyone! As you know, the Webzine has recently been reintroduced. We have some great articles on there already, but we can always use more! In an effort to encourage submissions, we have made it much easier for you to actually submit articles.

If you would like to submit an anonymous article, you only need to go to the "Submission Form" page on the Webzine. A simple and convenient form is there for you to use! For some, this is much easier than emailing.
Link: http://webzine.cantr.org/submission-form

If you would like to submit an article as an author, you should navigate instead to the "About" page. You can apply here for an author account! Once the account is created, you can log in and post articles under your username.
Link: http://webzine.cantr.org/about

Articles can also, of course, be emailed to webzine@cantr.org for submission if that is more convenient. And if you're not sure what to write about, here is a link to JoshuaMonkey's post about possible Webzine content: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27527

Happy writing!
Undine

Re: Cantr II Webzine - Articles Needed!

Postby Undine » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:02 pm

We have some great articles already submitted for the Webzine. Check them out! Let us know what you think :D

English:
Lamentations of the Worm
http://webzine.cantr.org/english/lament ... f-the-worm
Hamaon's Musings, pt. 1: On Dragonloft
http://webzine.cantr.org/english/storie ... dragonloft
Hamaon's Musings, pt. 2: Pepper
http://webzine.cantr.org/english/storie ... t-2-pepper

Polish:
Quo Vadis Cantr?
http://webzine.cantr.org/polski/rozgryw ... adis-cantr
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:20 am

Lamentations of the Worm is super scary :(
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:54 am

MonkeyPants4736 wrote:Lamentations of the Worm is super scary :(

Makes me want to go visit Hell on Fu. (I have a character who has wanted to visit there for a long time)
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:17 pm

Can someone with Wiki-fu update the Wiki page for the Webzine? It's showing it's 2010. ;)

I just found the new webzine (since it wasn't listed at top of game page like Forum/wiki/Faq/etc) and it is Aweome, but I did not know about it until just this week. (not on forums as much)
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
Undine

Postby Undine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:44 pm

nateflory wrote:Can someone with Wiki-fu update the Wiki page for the Webzine? It's showing it's 2010. ;)

I just found the new webzine (since it wasn't listed at top of game page like Forum/wiki/Faq/etc) and it is Aweome, but I did not know about it until just this week. (not on forums as much)

Glad that you're enjoying it! :D I was actually planning on updating the wiki page this weekend (since spring break is starting). Currently we're thinking of different ways to make the Webzine more accessible on the actual website. If you have any more ideas, feel free to let us know!
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Forgive my question, but how would one go about submitting art to the webzine rather than a text article?
Undine

Postby Undine » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:34 pm

cutecuddlydirewolf wrote:Forgive my question, but how would one go about submitting art to the webzine rather than a text article?

No that's a great question! I should clarify here and on the form :lol: If you sign up for an author account, you'll be able to post pictures all you want! If for whatever reason you want your art to remain anonymous, you can email it to us instead :)
cutecuddlydirewolf

Postby cutecuddlydirewolf » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Undine wrote:
cutecuddlydirewolf wrote:Forgive my question, but how would one go about submitting art to the webzine rather than a text article?

No that's a great question! I should clarify here and on the form :lol: If you sign up for an author account, you'll be able to post pictures all you want! If for whatever reason you want your art to remain anonymous, you can email it to us instead :)

Ah, got it! Thanks!
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:20 am

There is also a Cantr II group on DeviantArt. I'm one of the group admins there. If ever you want your artwork there, just let me know.

You can source images there too, for linking within your webzine articles. /attempttomakeitrelevantlol
Undine

Postby Undine » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:15 pm

It's been up for a few days already, but posting here just in case you missed it!

Raw Potatoes: http://webzine.cantr.org/english/art/raw-potatoes
Undine

Postby Undine » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:51 pm

We have two more posts for you today!

Klojt University Festival: What You Missed!
http://webzine.cantr.org/uncategorized/ ... you-missed

Grimoire, or: Magick of Blood & Culinary Spells
http://webzine.cantr.org/uncategorized/ ... ary-spells
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:47 pm

If I understand correctly, there isn't someone currently running the Webzine. So, I'll post submissions here and someone can toss them into a more appropriate place if needed.

The following diary has redactions for any references that I suspect may have current in-game political significance. So, don't worry about things being posted that are too revealing. There are also redactions to ensure the material is not inappropriate to any age group.

I'll post in parts to ensure it's not too long and to ensure content is given proper attention with editing.

Diary of Cora Stoli: Part 1

4837-Klojt

I’m going to take over the world! (Not really, I’m just excited).

I spawned in Klojt, a city of opportunity! There is a factory for work, if I get desperate. But there are lots of little things I can take advantage of to avoid that. One is cheating the potato tax. You can use fuel for the harvester for free, put a portion of the potatoes in the container for the tax, then take the potatoes back out because it’s also free to take small amounts of food. I’ve also claimed abandoned projects, that were near completion. There are free animal parts in The Yard. I’m cooking meat and fish that I got for free with fuel I got for free, and selling it to the town. These are all petty advantages, but I need a little time to learn who is who and where the big opportunities are and how to get there.

Elyos Vicarious has given me a shield and offered a position driving for the university. It is a volunteer position, except he promises resources for whatever my craft is. I don’t like it, and would only consider it to be able to make a bunch of tools while scoping out various towns along the route for future opportunities, and then quit when I see what I want to do or where to be.

Bushido is here advertising some business in Dragonloft. Nobody is responding.

Some well-meaning lady named Stella offered work in the factory. No.

4838-Klojt

I said some mundane thing to Elyos, and he decided I am considerate and wise. He directed me to the library. It was disappointing because only a few bookcases had anything in them, and not much at that. He says he’s got most of the works on his person for now. Bah! He said I’m too ambitious to farm, and asked me to consider a life at the university. Then he took me on a bus to see a traveling museum collection. It was very cool and included scary masks. He tried recruiting again as a driver, showing all sorts of rare resources and saying they would be mine. I don’t know what the catch is, but I don’t trust him. I made suggestions for his university and museum and artists and things, and he seemed genuinely impressed and said I have so many wonderful ideas and he will do the things I suggested, and wrote it down in his journal. It stroked my ego but I don’t know if he meant it or if it was a ploy.

I met Gawayn Stennis. He has similar ambitions to mine, being a traveling trader and such. He suggested we cooperate. I didn’t want to commit to anything, so I just mentioned that we could compare notes.

4839-Klojt

I have met a trader named Luc. He seems nice.

Gawayn and I have discussed taking the driving job as a pair, so we could gather resources in bandit territory with a partner, using the travel time to make tools on Elyos’s coin.

Elyos wants to hear my thoughts on gift bags for the festival. I suggested herb samples since they are lightweight and 40,000 grams could be made before the festival, with really only the cost of the water. I don’t really know enough about the world to make suggestions for things I’ve never seen or heard of.

4840- Klojt

Coventina has a granddaughter or something named Braeden. Braeden was responsible for feeding sleepers, but slept herself and many people died. The ones who died apparently made the other sleepers sick, which meant they starved faster than usual. Then there was an argument about Coventina not funding a hospital that Braeden wanted. Braeden called her a grumpy old dragon who doesn’t care about anyone.

I learned that all of the port towns have coaster harbours. That’s good if I try trading by large ship, with a cabin so I can use a few machines during the travel time. But ships aren’t as fast as land vehicles, so maybe not.

4841-Klojt

Elyos paid me 4 IK to change a sign. Yay!

I learned that you can get sick from dead people. I learned that just after I started burying someone. I snuck away from the burial, but was still paid for the effort. I didn’t correct them partly because I was embarrassed to admit being afraid of the corpse, and partly because I wanted to keep the coin. Does that make me a thief?

I learned from Elyos that Gawayn hunted bandits just before I spawned.

I bought a sample of every herb from Coventina for one IK.

I asked aloud about timber on our island. The rates sheet mentions it but the maps don’t. Elyos and Buddy Stone both handed me a resource guide that shows the two timber locations on our island. Maybe that will be my first resource to gather and then trade. It’s bulky, though. An experienced trader with a real vehicle has an advantage there.

4842- Klojt

Luc is back from Pok. That means a round trip is only a couple of days.

Alexis thinks I talk too much.

A trader named Serana Sterling has returned. She seemed upset that a young woman named Elliryanna was giving up on her dream. She said, "My dear.. surely there is some fire in you still. It's only over when you decide it’s over. I would hate to see you give up after fighting so hard.” It seemed genuine, like she cares in a non-Elyos way. She seems rich but doesn’t brag and she received compliments on her new van with grace. I asked if she would give me some trade advice sometime, and she immediately invited me in for tea. She had just gotten home and hadn’t even had time to get settled in, yet she took time for me. Inside, she corrected my wrong assumptions and set me on the right path. She showed me where to start and gave me a coin to get the tool I needed, and promised to take me where I needed to go. She winked at me and smiled and called me dear and my heart fluttered. The world shifted, just like that. I didn’t have to consider going into the bandit lands anymore, or working for Sleazyos. I told her I knew today was the day that my life changed, and she said she was just getting started. I wanted to skip out of there yelling, “Weeee!”

4843-Klojt, the road to Klojt Mountains West, the road to Akypor Forest South

Elyos paid me 300 iron to change a sign. I only got two hours finished and gave him his change, but it was easy money.

I learned that Serana spent three years working for a mentor, Alex, analyzing rates so the mentor could get profits faster. She spawned in Olip. I learned that she talked too much in her youth, like me. She didn’t know that timber is on this island, so I felt helpful and useful showing her where it is.

Before I knew about Serana, I started a large cooking project for the potatoes to cash in on them. I gave the project to Gawayn, so that he could sell them or just have lots of food whenever he set off on his own adventure.

Only Klojt, Akypor, and Pok Desert West have rate sheets.

On the road, we asked each other what we see ourselves doing in ten years, got a little background on each other, etc. She warned me about Elyos, confirming what I already felt from him. We talked about Coventina and the factory. I got many little pieces of advice while on the road.

I learned Serana likes certainty, and doesn’t like wasting time. I think she might be possessive of her things, but she’s nice about it so it’s hard to tell.

4844-Akypor Forest North

I was dropped of in Akypor Forest North to collect resin. Joana and Rian are the only residents. They are almost out of food, and would buy pizza or basic foods if I traded it in the future.

4845- Akypor Forest North

Rian used to be the official trader for Akypor ages ago.

4846- Akypor Forest North

I fetched a little water to grow some herbs while I gathered resin.

4847- Akypor Forest North

Just collecting resin. Nobody spoke. the only noise was the soft crinkling of snow in the trees.
Last edited by MonkeyPants4736 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyPants4736

Postby MonkeyPants4736 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:58 pm

Diary of Cora Stoli: Part 2

4848- Akypor Forest North

Serena and Luc both passed through going in opposite directions. Serena checked on me briefly before heading to Klojt for a trade.

4849- Akypor Forest North

Another quiet day.

4850- Akypor Forest North

Rian was awake, but not very interesting.

4851- Akypor Forest North

Elyos came through in a bus. I tried to buy petrol from him, but he insisted on giving it freely. I used it to get some copper. I asked Joana if the motorcycle was available for rent. She said yes. Elyos spent a long time in an old library. He and the bus left and everything went quiet again.

4852- Akypor Forest North

Resin, resin, snow, snow.

4853- Akypor Forest North

La lalalalaaaaa

4854-Akypor Forest North

I’m almost out of food. I thought I had plenty of potatoes, but you really eat through them quickly. Why didn’t I make sure how long they would last?

4855- Akypor Forest North

I have no more food. Why didn’t I think to ask how long people can go without food when I saw all those people starve to death in Klojt? Serana went to Klojt five days ago. She will be back soon. I don’t need to panic.

4856- Akypor Forest North

Rian and Joana won’t wake up for me to get food. I’m afraid to offend Joana by hunting her animal friends. The snow isn’t pretty anymore. It’s just cold and bites into me. I need to find a jacket and maybe a hat. And I need food. I will always be prepared from now on. I want to leave here.

4857- Akypor Forest North, road to Akypor, Akypor

My Spawnday.

Serana is back! She smiled warmly at me and the snow didn’t seem cold anymore. Her van had food and warmth. I officially became her trade apprentice. We decided to make a code for radio conversations. We talked about the various leaders we trade with, plans for the guild, all sorts of things. We decided we will be very rich and have lavish parties and be too lazy to count all of our money anymore.

We giggled and sighed happily and grinned and laughed and dreamed together on that road. I told her she is my role model. She threw her hair back from her shoulder, and a little bolt of lightning went through my abdomen. My boss is hot. It was a good time.

I met Tycha in Akypor, as well as Jeremy and a couple of others.

[more coming later]
Ahrta

Postby Ahrta » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:54 pm

:cry:

Return to “General Discussion”